IGNORED

Dave Cotterill

Having watched the Sheff Utd and Preston game last night, I have to say how impressed I was with Cotts. He done everything a winger should do. Ran the Preston defence ragged, took on his marker to get to the by-line, peppered the box with crosses and linked well with the right back. All done with skill and pace. Oh how we could do with a winger like that. Oh hang about. Wasn't he ours once :whistle2:

Having watched the Sheff Utd and Preston game last night, I have to say how impressed I was with Cotts. He done everything a winger should do. Ran the Preston defence ragged, took on his marker to get to the by-line, peppered the box with crosses and linked well with the right back. All done with skill and pace. Oh how we could do with a winger like that. Oh hang about. Wasn't he ours once :whistle2:

I agree he played well and looked very comfortable at that level, however, when a premier league club comes knocking with 2m for a league one player it was definatley the right thing to let him go, i still to this day beleive they paid 1m over the top for him.

I agree he played well and looked very comfortable at that level, however, when a premier league club comes knocking with 2m for a league one player it was definatley the right thing to let him go, i still to this day beleive they paid 1m over the top for him.

Possibly but then we did the same for Maynard so it happens in football.

I thought Cotts was quality last night, put many great crosses in and caused havoc all night.

Maybe Gary should get him down to Bristol over the summer to give a masterclass lesson to McIndoe and Sproule on the art of being a winger.

Cotterell has matured into a fine player. His move to Wigan maybe came too soon for him but it was an offer that City couldn't refuse at the time. Apart from turbo charged pace he has everything that Sproule has not. What a difference between the two of them.

I would love to see him back in a City shirt.

Good player he may now be. But I'd say he's only worth 2m NOW. Back then 2m was an amazing deal for us, because he simply was'nt worth half that much.

£2m was a lot of money but how much would have he been worth to the team over the last 2 seasons? He could've been the difference between last seasons promotion and play-off situation and that was worth £60m.

£2m was a lot of money but how much would have he been worth to the team over the last 2 seasons? He could've been the difference between last seasons promotion and play-off situation and that was worth £60m.

Key word in all of that "could've". When faced with cold hard cash as a league 1 club, for a youngster, it was a great deal. The overwhelming majority on here agreed to. Not sure why it's being brought back up now.

Well it is another opportunity to bash Ivan who I considered to be one of the better performers in the second half of the season. If half of the chances he created had been converted there would have been far less criticism of his "final ball". Opposition teams seemd to recognise his threat judging by the fact that he was double marked in several games this season.

Key word in all of that "could've". When faced with cold hard cash as a league 1 club, for a youngster, it was a great deal. The overwhelming majority on here agreed to. Not sure why it's being brought back up now.

Totally agree. And it wasn't just the cash for us - how unhappy would Cotts have been if we had deprived him of a chance to play in the Prem?

I think the point he is trying to get across is Cotts done exactly what should be expected of someone who plays out wide. Ran at players and got crosses into the box...something I very rarely see our players do.

Possibly but then we did the same for Maynard so it happens in football.

I thought Cotts was quality last night, put many great crosses in and caused havoc all night.

Maybe Gary should get him down to Bristol over the summer to give a masterclass lesson to McIndoe and Sproule on the art of being a winger.

Maynard IMO was more proven that cotterill was at the time of their respective sales!

Well it is another opportunity to bash Ivan who I considered to be one of the better performers in the second half of the season. If half of the chances he created had been converted there would have been far less criticism of his "final ball". Opposition teams seemd to recognise his threat judging by the fact that he was double marked in several games this season.

Sheffield Wednesday had three men marking him at times.

remember seeing him on tv just before he went, he was class above the rest that night and an obvious city canndidate to be sold with current attitude to youngsters. Yet he is no further forward at the moment with SU than he was with city then!?

Relation of mine knows his dad and the commitment needed to get him where he is today with travel to city etc when he was learning trade. Yes a great loss to city but good luck to the lad.

Was thinking the same last night re cott's performance, i am sure Ivan is faster than cotts and i am sure GJ would have been watching game and thinking why haven't I got Ivan playing that way for us. If anyone knows Ivan can we get some inside information.

Apparently Ivan played his game of speed in Scotland AND scored good goals. Trundle played his game of skill in Wales AND scored goals, you tell where the varient is? A clue GJ!

At the time I was sceptical about the decision to sell him. Considering his performances with Sheffield United since, I still believe we were wrong to do so.

At the time we were a League One side and had been for a while, a Premier League club came knocking with a big offer, there was no way we could have kept him.

Wish he was here now though!!

Slightely off topic but its intresting to see some of our acadamy players now! Some people think it doesn't produce anything! But i'd be more than happy with:

L.Rosenior

Carey

Wilson

M.Hill

Cotteril

Skuse

Artus

Lita

Ribiero

All part of my matchday squad!

:englandsmile4wf:

Slightely off topic but its intresting to see some of our acadamy players now! Some people think it doesn't produce anything! But i'd be more than happy with:

L.Rosenior

Carey

Wilson

M.Hill

Cotteril

Skuse

Artus

Lita

Ribiero

All part of my matchday squad!

:englandsmile4wf:

A few of those werent academy players - arrived before then and were YTS players. I take your point though.

Apparently Ivan played his game of speed in Scotland AND scored good goals. Trundle played his game of skill in Wales AND scored goals, you tell where the varient is? A clue GJ!

Nothing to do with being a different standard of football then?

Cotterill is everything Ivan never will be - a genuine talent, a star in the making who will go right to the top.

Presumably his move from Wigan to Sheff. Utd means City missed out on a sell on fee?

Ivan, unfortunately, seems to have peaked in Scotland, and it wouldn't be a surprise if his next career move sees him return there.

Guest MaloneFM
He could've been the difference between last seasons promotion and play-off situation and that was worth £60m.

Not wishing to be uncle Pedantic but I contacted the FA to find out how much winning the play offs is actually worth.

£20,000 prize money for getting promoted via the play offs into the Premier League. Its £5m for winning the European cup. I really don't know where this annual £60m figure comes from. The Sky money is pretty good but unless you are Manure you are not a crowd puller. The sponsorship money can be bumped up as can season tickets but evne then...

Whenever it gets mentioned (and it will be-more than once) how much money the winner of the Burnely Sheffied United game will get look out for the following phrases:

'Estimated' and 'In the region of'

Derby with parachute payments got nowhere near £40 let alone £60. Most of that got swallowed up with player bonuses and buying quality items like Robbie Savage.

Not wishing to be uncle Pedantic but I contacted the FA to find out how much winning the play offs is actually worth.

£20,000 prize money for getting promoted via the play offs into the Premier League. Its £5m for winning the European cup. I really don't know where this annual £60m figure comes from. The Sky money is pretty good but unless you are Manure you are not a crowd puller. The sponsorship money can be bumped up as can season tickets but evne then...

Whenever it gets mentioned (and it will be-more than once) how much money the winner of the Burnely Sheffied United game will get look out for the following phrases:

'Estimated' and 'In the region of'

Derby with parachute payments got nowhere near £40 let alone £60. Most of that got swallowed up with player bonuses and buying quality items like Robbie Savage.

Each prem team gets 40m EACH minimum per season and I beleive thats TV money. A further 20m in parachute payments when relegated.

Thats where the 60m comes from.

Archived