IGNORED

Dean Moxey

Pederho ll

Guest RobbieTurner
SINCE GJ APPOINTED

doesn't mean anything though does it - could be a player we already had, could have been a player that had played for GJ before or a member of staff like a fitness coach or backroom staff. All I read into that is that thats when his/her interest in City really took off....

It also states his name as Lenny Hall - who is a character from the Simpsons....you don't take that as read as well do you.... :noexpression:

doesn't mean anything though does it - could be a player we already had, could have been a player that had played for GJ before or a member of staff like a fitness coach or backroom staff. All I read into that is that thats when his/her interest in City really took off....

It also states his name as Lenny Hall - who is a character from the Simpsons....you don't take that as read as well do you.... :noexpression:

It is someone who is only here because of gj and will be gone when gj leaves.

Guest RobbieTurner
It is someone who is only here because of gj and will be gone when gj leaves.

and you know as does edson for a fact do you ?

I can't believe that that a player so coveted by GJ and his staff has been allowed to go to Derby for £350,000, without us challenging Derby with an increased offer. Seems bizarre in the extreme.

It's not eBay. The highest bidder doesn't always win. See Man City for details.

I can't believe that that a player so coveted by GJ and his staff has been allowed to go to Derby for £350,000, without us challenging Derby with an increased offer. Seems bizarre in the extreme.

Has he actually signed for Derby - it would be nice to see City gazump them at the last minute and the player to choose City instead. :yes:

"I was on the point of signing for Derby when my agent told me of Gary Johnson's late bid. As soon as I realised Bristol City were interested I quickly excused myself from Nigel Clough's office and tore down the motorway to Ashton Gate. I was just hoping I might pass Gary Johnson's interview and thankfully I did, and had completed the paperwork within half an hour of my arrival. I then phoned Nigel Clough ( who thought I had gone to the toilet ) with my decision and I'm afraid he burst into tears. That wasn't my intention, but this is Bristol City we are talking about, and this is my dream move, so there's no room for sentiment or regret about upsetting Nigel Clough or Derby County. Bristol City is the club with the bigger future and I was ruthlessly determined to be part of it."

:whistle2: Ah well, presume Moxey wasn't one of the '4' as City don't appear to have put up much of a fight for his signature, but he does sound like he'd have been an ideal acquisition.

Has he actually signed for Derby - it would be nice to see City gazump them at the last minute and the player to choose City instead. :yes:

"I was on the point of signing for Derby when my agent told me of Gary Johnson's late bid. As soon as I realised Bristol City were interested I quickly excused myself from Nigel Clough's office and tore down the motorway to Ashton Gate. I was just hoping I might pass Gary Johnson's interview and thankfully I did, and had completed the paperwork within half an hour of my arrival. I then phoned Nigel Clough ( who thought I had gone to the toilet ) with my decision and I'm afraid he burst into tears. That wasn't my intention, but this is Bristol City we are talking about, and this is my dream move, so there's no room for sentiment or regret about upsetting Nigel Clough or Derby County. Bristol City is the club with the bigger future and I was ruthlessly determined to be part of it."

:whistle2: Ah well, presume Moxey wasn't one of the '4' as City don't appear to have put up much of a fight for his signature, but he does sound like he'd have been an ideal acquisition.

Yep, I've been assured it is a done deal! When I was orignally told BCFC were trying to buy him (3/4 months ago) we were talking £175,000-£200,000, so in it has almost doubled in price....but still if he is a player that you think would benefit the squad, surely a competitive increased offer would have made sense and let the lad decide where he wants to go.....instead, we have just let him go to a competitor without much of a fight, and for a player that was on the 'wish list' seems very odd indeed. Similar thing happend with that lad George Friend...l'm all for not paying too much money, but you need to compete, don't you?

What makes you think we didn't compete and didn't offer more - because the papers haven't said so ?

George Friend himself explained the Wolves deal recently, nothing to do with us not competing.

I don't get my information from the papers,.....so I can assure you that BCFC did not compete!

Equally, I can also assure you that the Friend deal had absolutely everything about BCFC not competing. The negotiations took place between directors, nothing to do with Friend, so I can again assure you that he has no idea of exactly what went on!

so I can assure you that BCFC did not compete!

When you hear things like this it does make you wonder if BCFC do have enough ambition with regard to signing players.

I accept that GJ might have a set fee in mind that he won't go above that figure but he must think the player is good enough otherwise we wouldn't bid in the first place.

An extra 100k - 150k these days is peanuts in football terms.

BCAGFC

When you hear things like this it does make you wonder if BCFC do have enough ambition with regard to signing players.

I accept that GJ might have a set fee in mind that he won't go above that figure but he must think the player is good enough otherwise we wouldn't bid in the first place.

An extra 100k - 150k these days is peanuts in football terms.

BCAGFC

We spent 2.25 million on Nicky Maynard last season, that to me showed ambition :preacher:

It is not.

I note that the only person who has been "outted" as Yessir, and for whom you have not issued a denial is...drumroll...Edson!

Having said that many people seem to think Yessir is a woman.

So, is Yessir Mrs Edson?

I note that the only person who has been "outted" as Yessir, and for whom you have not issued a denial is...drumroll...Edson!

Having said that many people seem to think Yessir is a woman.

So, is Yessir Mrs Edson?

I knew I shouldn't have told Madger.

You won' t say that if he scores 20 this season Riaz.

:doh:

Sarcasm my friend or predicting the negative response. Damed if they don't damned if they do

I'm very confident that maynard will get that many goals next season (presuming he stays injury free)

I think he is worth the fee

signed for Derby:

Dean Moxey has become Championship side Derby's second signing of the week after completing his move from League One newcomers Exeter.

The 23-year-old has signed a three-year deal and joins the Rams for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £300,000 plus add-ons.

Moxey agreed personal terms and passed a medical at Derby's Moor Farm training ground on Friday.

His arrival follows that of former Norwich winger Lee Croft, who signed on a free transfer on Thursday.

Just noticed this comment. Struck me as a bit silly.

Who the fork cares? It's a fans forum, and anybody posting from the club shouldn't be welcome anyway.

There can be people at the club who are fans as well..... .. maybe there could be a slight bias but really.

Back on topic though it will be interesting to see ow he does next season....

Archived