IGNORED

When Newcastle United Come Down

Point is, I quite liked newcastle as a club. But the past few years they have lost touch with reality

When Keegan took over, despite being out of the game for quite some time, the fans generally declared "he's the messiah and he's the only one that understands us" - understands what exactly? that they are passionate and are desperate for success? oh right, that makes em special? All us other fans, don't want success do we??!!

When Shearer took over they assumed he would save em. Watching Sky sports news, a reporter was asking fans whether they thought it was a big risk appointing a rookie as manager. Most of em replied "it don't matter, its alan shearer"

Just because he was a superb or even world class player, they are assuming he's going to be just as good a manager.

They are deluded.

The thing is, putting someone in like shearer gives them that one last bit of hope.

It's a gamble putting in any manager, but with shearer theres a bit more belief,

they know with shearer they're getting 100%

It is a lot different when it comes to footie up there, they don't think in the same way some of us do about supporting city.

Just like Man u Fans think about supporting there club.

I've seen the geordies getting beaten 3-0... and the crowd weren't bothered... just because they were playing good attractive footie.

it's a bit mental.. wouldn't say the fans are deluded though.

Just to buck the trend, I hope Newcastle stay up.

They have a large fanbase of good working class people who turn up and watch them in numbers. Their fans are still mainly from the local area, they haven't franchised to the extent that most of the people who can actually afford to go to a game are middle class glory hunters from Surrey like that scummy club in Manchester.

Their owner's a bit of a tit when it comes to appointing managers but he IS actually a fan not some foreign oil sheik/insurance fraudster/russian mafia don.

They have a deserved reputation for attractive attacking football and have brought some of the most watchable players in the last 15 years to the UK in the likes of Asprilla, Ginola, Solano and Martins.

Their fans might have little patience for some managers but are largely loyal to local heros like Keegan (and frankly who gives a **** how a crook like Allardyce is treated).

Good luck to them. I'd rather play a Villa side who were already on holiday than ManUre even if they have some key players rested.

Don't really care if Newcastle come down as one trip to the redeveloped St James was enough. The away end is set back so far on the upper tier it was hard to distinguish who the players where. Anybody with poor sight will need a telescope and the atmosphere there made Derby this season sound noisy.

Guest RobbieTurner
The thing is, putting someone in like shearer gives them that one last bit of hope.

It's a gamble putting in any manager, but with shearer theres a bit more belief,

they know with shearer they're getting 100%

It is a lot different when it comes to footie up there, they don't think in the same way some of us do about supporting city.

Just like Man u Fans think about supporting there club.

I've seen the geordies getting beaten 3-0... and the crowd weren't bothered... just because they were playing good attractive footie.

it's a bit mental.. wouldn't say the fans are deluded though.

Well said. Jut another RIAZ insult, probably becuase a couple have said they follow Newcastle a well as City. Ignore him and let him feel he's the winner.

The Newcastle fans to a large extent have the same happy go lucky attitude that most have in our very own East End.

Don't really care if Newcastle come down as one trip to the redeveloped St James was enough. The away end is set back so far on the upper tier it was hard to distinguish who the players where. Anybody with poor sight will need a telescope and the atmosphere there made Derby this season sound noisy.

Yeh teh away fans are right back. they used to be in the corner... but have since been moved behind the post right at the top end.

The atmosphere i've always found brilliant. perhaps thats because i sit in the gallowgate. But everywhere i look in the ground it seems to be buzzing.

much louder than when i've visited old trafford or emirates.

Well said. Jut another RIAZ insult, probably becuase a couple have said they follow Newcastle a well as City. Ignore him and let him feel he's the winner.

The Newcastle fans to a large extent have the same happy go lucky attitude that most have in our very own East End.

eh? what? I've not mentioned anyone who is on here. my comments are based on newcastle fans only. no one on here.

I cant see how its an insult. When Shearer was appointed, I did'nt see one newcastle fan who thought it was a risk appointing him. Is that not deluded??

games so far.

I'd say that the Newcastle public are amongst the most passionte about their football, they love their club.

I think what you should be saying RIAZ, is that you don't like Newcastle and thats the real reason you want them to go down.

I think these sentences sum things up pretty well - Newcastle fan saying his lot are amongst the best - other people get sick and tired hearing about that.

Add to that all the 'Geordie nation' b***ocks - as if they are somehow discreet and special from the rest of the country.

Plus that cowardly bastard Keegan saying on tv that 'football to a Geordie is like opera to a southerner' - not surprising a lot of people want to see them brought down to earth is it?

I hope they go down and stay down and their wonderful fans can prove just how much they back their team - until they can show that, they ain't a patch on the likes of Wednesday, Leeds, Derby etc...

I don't have any great dislike of Newcastle United, but it would be fun to see them come down so that the crap way the club is run, and the amount of rubbish players they have spent a fortune on get their just deserts. Also, its nice to see us playing a "big" club, and most people cheer for the underdog (even if it is Hull, and they beat us), so if Hull survive and Newcastle don't, then well done to them, and at least it shows the rest of us that it is possible to go up and survive.

I also wouldnt be at all surprised if Hull get something from that Man u game, it is clear that Fergie and Brown are mates, and he ends up sending some of his decent youth players to play for him, so I wouldnt be surprised if they take it easy, with the champions league final coming up.

I think these sentences sum things up pretty well - Newcastle fan saying his lot are amongst the best - other people get sick and tired hearing about that.

Add to that all the 'Geordie nation' b***ocks - as if they are somehow discreet and special from the rest of the country.

Plus that cowardly bastard Keegan saying on tv that 'football to a Geordie is like opera to a southerner' - not surprising a lot of people want to see them brought down to earth is it?

I hope they go down and stay down and their wonderful fans can prove just how much they back their team - until they can show that, they ain't a patch on the likes of Wednesday, Leeds, Derby etc...

Precisely that.

I did'nt real all the posts, so missed the fact robbie is a newcastle fan - explains why he's so defensive and touchy about my "insults"

Guest RobbieTurner
eh? what? I've not mentioned anyone who is on here. my comments are based on newcastle fans only. no one on here.

I cant see how its an insult. When Shearer was appointed, I did'nt see one newcastle fan who thought it was a risk appointing him. Is that not deluded??

Think about what ou are saying RIAZ - I support City - I am 40 years of ae and have been goingto the Gate for 37 years. I have also just told you I have followed Newcstle for 18 years - then you start on aout Newcastlefans being dellusional !!!

Back to the point - this is coming from a club who appointed Joe Kinnear - to appoint Alan Shearer wasn't a gamble after such a riddiculous appointment, it was a master stroke. Give the fans what they want and Shearer is in a no lose situation. How was it a risk - they were going no where before Shearer came along - why is it a risk to appoint him ?

Think about what ou are saying RIAZ - I support City - I am 40 years of ae and have been goingto the Gate for 37 years. I have also just told you I have followed Newcstle for 18 years - then you start on aout Newcastlefans being dellusional !!!

Back to the point - this is coming from a club who appointed Joe Kinnear - to appoint Alan Shearer wasn't a gamble after such a riddiculous appointment, it was a master stroke. Give the fans what they want and Shearer is in a no lose situation. How was it a risk - they were going no where before Shearer came along - why is it a risk to appoint him ?

I don't see how you supporting them makes any difference really, although it does explain why you are so sensitive on the subject.

Joe Kinnear did well and gave newcastle stability. Alan Shearer was a gamble - he has never managed any team before. I understand it gave the club a lift (although not in terms of results), and from that point of view, that was an advantage of appointing him.

But one of the disadvantages is that he is a rookie. He may become a good or great manager, but theres as much chance that he will not.

Great players generally, don't make good managers - and to put a person with no managerial experience in charge at such a crucial time is a big risk, surely you can see that? if not, i think its fair to say you are deluded.

Guest DanC

Might sound harsh but I think Newcastle being relegated would be good for them. Instantly all the wasters would up and leave and they would be left with one or two hangers on and it would give Shearer the chance to build his own squad from scratch. I believe Newcastle to have some decent youth players so they could be at the heart of Shearers regeneration of teh squad.

The 3 things about Newcastsle coming down,

1) Flight

2) Watch game

3) ON the Piss, weekend away

Loads already up for the weekend away......... :drunk2:

I find myself in total agreement with terjon... :noexpression: I feel a bit sick... :innocent06:

and on topic(well, i say that loosely but, on topic interms of what this thread has become about)

I agree with Riaz here. Newcastle fans are amongst the most big headed arrogant and deluded ones on the planet. Thats not a dig at any newcastle fans on here, But a stereotypical Newcastle United fan is one with no grasp on how "big" there club is.

If City played in the Premier league and had a stadium of that size we could fill it, If prices were ok especially. That doesn't make us a big club, Just shows there is one team in this city. :innocent06:

Newcastle fans think they are owed success, and it's so funny to listen to them.

Can i just point out to anyone deluded enough to think Newcastle United is a big club, You're not. at all. Liverpool and Manchester United are big clubs. Chelsea and Arsenal are becoming big clubs. they are clubs who have had sustained levels of success over the course of history. Newcastle have done sweet FA.

another claim of the N.U.F.C (northern, ugly and EFFING clueless) is that they are the best fans in the country? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you boo, you get your managers sacked, you get into fights with rival fans and you abuse your board to the extent that they feel to threatened to enter a football stadium. In my opinion Newcastle fans are amongst the worst in english football.

Liverpool have good fans. West Brom have awesome fans. Newcastle are nothing on these clubs. FACT.

I used to like the club too, especially during Bobby Robsons reign, But now i actually despise them. I would get no greater pleasure from the rest of this season than seeing Newcastel go down... and can you imagine the so called "uber fans" being there in such numbers if they come down and don't come straight back up? is it ######

be a good weekend away too, I've heard many things about those northern lasses.... :innocent06:

Yeh teh away fans are right back. they used to be in the corner... but have since been moved behind the post right at the top end.

The atmosphere i've always found brilliant. perhaps thats because i sit in the gallowgate. But everywhere i look in the ground it seems to be buzzing.

much louder than when i've visited old trafford or emirates.

Must have been bad day as the "Geordie Nation" spent more time slagging off their team than supporting them when I went. It was like Fifty thousand Fat female Penguins bitching when they gave the ball away. Couldn't hear the Gallowgate at all from next to the away end could have been something to do with the cloud cover preventing the sound getting up that high.

I find myself in total agreement with terjon... :noexpression: I feel a bit sick... :innocent06:

and on topic(well, i say that loosely but, on topic interms of what this thread has become about)

I agree with Riaz here. Newcastle fans are amongst the most big headed arrogant and deluded ones on the planet. Thats not a dig at any newcastle fans on here, But a stereotypical Newcastle United fan is one with no grasp on how "big" there club is.

If City played in the Premier league and had a stadium of that size we could fill it, If prices were ok especially. That doesn't make us a big club, Just shows there is one team in this city. :innocent06:

Newcastle fans think they are owed success, and it's so funny to listen to them.

Can i just point out to anyone deluded enough to think Newcastle United is a big club, You're not. at all. Liverpool and Manchester United are big clubs. Chelsea and Arsenal are becoming big clubs. they are clubs who have had sustained levels of success over the course of history. Newcastle have done sweet FA.

another claim of the N.U.F.C (northern, ugly and EFFING clueless) is that they are the best fans in the country? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you boo, you get your managers sacked, you get into fights with rival fans and you abuse your board to the extent that they feel to threatened to enter a football stadium. In my opinion Newcastle fans are amongst the worst in english football.

Liverpool have good fans. West Brom have awesome fans. Newcastle are nothing on these clubs. FACT.

I used to like the club too, especially during Bobby Robsons reign, But now i actually despise them. I would get no greater pleasure from the rest of this season than seeing Newcastel go down... and can you imagine the so called "uber fans" being there in such numbers if they come down and don't come straight back up? is it ######

be a good weekend away too, I've heard many things about those northern lasses.... :innocent06:

Hypocrisy much? You are deluded if you think we would fill a 50,000 capacity stadium or that a club who can average over 40k attendance in a whole season isn't big.

Your post seems chock full of straw man arguments sprinkled with meaningless rhetoric with a side serving of vitriol, but is rather short on any sort of facts or reasoning. So tell us - tabloid reporter or ManUre fan? :)

Depends on what you class as a ''big'' club, Chelsea had done sweet fa before abramovich came. The fact that Newcastle have done nothing of any note over the last few years in terms of trophies but can still average 48 thousand to me is very impressive.

How you can say Newcastle are nothing on West brom is quite truly laughauble. Theyt might be a bunch of moaning big headed northners who cant string a sentance together, but you cant deny the factt that they have very good support.

This has become a rather serious post .. when you consider that NTTDS original post was simply to do with some rather unimportant local radio issue ... who gives a faeces about local radio? Get a life ...

When we head to St James park

you will have a choice of THREE Newcastle HOME radio commentarys to and from the match

BBC Newcastle

Radio Tynside on 1575

and Century FM

Sat in the stands trying to sort out our radios .... hey man I've found Century FM ... howay the lads I've got BBC Newcastle ... and Tynside isn't even speld like that mon ...

Get a life ... NTTDS is to this site like Alan Price was to the Animals ... work that out!

I hope and pray to GOD Newcastle go down, if ever there was a more deserving club to be relegated i would like to see it.

Mike Arseley is an Ash, he deserves to lose many more £££, Also I think Shearer is a complete nobhead, sanctimonious jumped up little geordie cretin.

There is nothing to like about Newcastle as a football club. Their Premier League strike force consists of Owen (crooked and shite) Xisco (shite) Smith (shite) Martins (shiteish) Amiobi (shite) Duff (shite) Carroll (shite) Viduka (shitester) Zamblera (shite)

How many CRAP strikers do they need?

Give that man a medal, top rant there, my sentiments exactly, would LOVE to see the Geordie "big club, best fans in the world" f$ckheads drop a division. And then implode a la Leeds. LOVE IT, I WOULD LOVE IT...

i don't understand all this newcastle our a big club b###### they definitely are not a big club just because they have 50k gates at home man u, arsenal, liverpool, barcelona, real madrid, inter, ac milan, bayern munich is my definition of a big club not newcastle united

Hypocrisy much? You are deluded if you think we would fill a 50,000 capacity stadium or that a club who can average over 40k attendance in a whole season isn't big.

Your post seems chock full of straw man arguments sprinkled with meaningless rhetoric with a side serving of vitriol, but is rather short on any sort of facts or reasoning. So tell us - tabloid reporter or ManUre fan? :)

Bristol City fan actually. I'd have thought that was rather obvious.

why couldn't we? we took the more fans than any other club to the Millenium, we have no serious rivals for our fanbase and if we were able to get into the premier league for a sustained period and offer reasonable prices we would attract more fans to attend more frequently. they might well be the glory hunters, but if we were in the prem and had the facilities to cope with them we could conceiveably fill it.

So basically because they have fans it makes them a big club? thats what you're saying? maybe our definition of a big club is different. they've not won anything or achieved anything in my life time, they haven't even been a top flight club for very long(in comparison to everton, liverpool, arsenal etc.) Like i say, I think city could fill a 40k+ stadium if they had played in the premier league for a while, certainly doesn't make us a big club, just one lucky not to have any "meaningful" competition for our support base.

But there we go. having a differing opinion to the "old guard" always results in insults on here..

Depends on what you class as a ''big'' club, Chelsea had done sweet fa before abramovich came. The fact that Newcastle have done nothing of any note over the last few years in terms of trophies but can still average 48 thousand to me is very impressive.

How you can say Newcastle are nothing on West brom is quite truly laughauble. Theyt might be a bunch of moaning big headed northners who cant string a sentance together, but you cant deny the factt that they have very good support.

West Brom have shown all clubs exactly how to get behind there team. They did it when things went well but unlike other places( here especially) they have remained loyal to there manager and board room when things went badly.

They are a credit to there club.

If newcastle were in the smae position as west brom (oh they are) would they get behind there manager and board? (oh, they didnt)

If we are going to start on about 'laughable' then I find your opinion that good support simply constitutes turning up 'laughable'.

I would say a half full stadium of positive respectful and encouraging fans are much better supporters than a full stadium with quiet, abusive and impatient fans.

again all matters of opinion.

i don't understand all this newcastle our a big club b###### they definitely are not a big club just because they have 50k gates at home man u, arsenal, liverpool, barcelona, real madrid, inter, ac milan, bayern munich is my definition of a big club not newcastle united

Newcastle is a city of 300,000 people with lots living on the outskirts and no competition.

Their ground is pretty much city centre and can be reached from all areas via the excellent metro system, paid for in the main by southern softie corporate taxpayers no doubt.

Why shouldn't they get big gates?

I would though class them as a big club in English terms - similar, but no bigger than Leeds, Everton, Villa,Spurs, and many others purely in terms of fan base.

Then again, City has apparently got one of the largest fan bases in the country, but we are hardly regarded as a big club are we..

They do of course lag well behind many of the above mentioned clubs in terms of relatively recent success which makes them a bit down the pecking order I reckon - winning the predecessor to the Europa league back in the 1960's doesn't make you a giant of the game, and when they were most succesful is getting on for 55-60 years ago.

I hate their public face, which is perpetuated by the media - when you set yourselves up as something 'special' then many of the less special fans ans clubs really want you brought down a peg or two.

I fear they may get a result at Villa however.

I fear they may get a result at Villa however.

They may well do, but I think SAF will allow Hull to do them, as he'll be sending out his 3rd team so as not to risk anyone for the Champs League final on Weds week. And if Hull win, down go Toon (provided Sunderland don't implode).

And if you were a Man Utd 3rd team player, who's played a few times this season and has a contract, would you bust your cojones and risk injury in a meaningless match, risking injury just prior to the summer break playing against a team who really, really want to win? Would you like ######.

Man U won't roll over, but neither will they try too hard.

And be honest, who would you rather stayed up? The Hull lads - remember, that could have been US - nice set of fans, friendly lot in my experience, the Sunderland lot - we've a lot of good history with them going back a few years - or a bunch of big-headed Geordies who think they have a divine right to be in the prem and think anyone below that level to be the dregs of football life?

And be honest, who would you rather stayed up? The Hull lads - remember, that could have been US - nice set of fans, friendly lot in my experience, the Sunderland lot - we've a lot of good history with them going back a few years - or a bunch of big-headed Geordies who think they have a divine right to be in the prem and think anyone below that level to be the dregs of football life?

Amen to that Sam.

when we head to St James park

you will have a choice of THREE Newcastle HOME radio commentarys to and from the match

BBC Newcastle

Radio Tynside on 1575

and Century FM

To return to the original point of this, bear in mind that Century has now become Real FM - Real is the best option as you get Bobby Moncur summarising (or sometimes Malcolm McDonald though he does ramble on a bit).

I guess you're waiting for one of us to ask why RIAZ ??? Why is your damning verdict that Newcastle 'deserve' to come down....i'm all ears, this should be interesting....

Fantastic! I'm willing to bite!!!!

Newcastle have to be the most overrated team of all time. Yes they had some success many, many moons ago, but realistically they have spent a lot of time knocking around division 2. Their fan base can look impressive, but it's not hard for a one town team to sell 60,000 tickets when things are going well. For all those of you who knock fans in Bristol, if there was only one team in Bristol, we could sell that many tickets for a league game against Man U. When the chips are down and Newcastle are playing some sh!te, or like they have done in many seasons past, playing in division 2, those passionate, loyal, fun loving Geordies suddenly disappear into thin air!!!!!!! Everton are a big club, Aston Villa are a big club, Man City are a big club, Tottenham are a big club, Newcastle in any vein of the imagination, are not a big club.

The north east does not deserve success, teams who play well do.

Newcastle do not deserve to play in the premier league, teams who stay up do.

Geordies love their team and are a passionate about their football, but only when being heavily bank rolled and playing Liverpool in the league. The passion suddenly disappears when they are playing City in Division 2!!!!!

Newcastle United are football's biggest myth, created and perpetuated by the media for reasons wholly unknown to the rest of the footballing world.

To quote the venerable Francis Rossi... "Down, down, deeper and down!"

Bristol could fill a 50,000 seater for a league game with Man U etc. Bristol with Rovers and City certainly couldn't and don't fool yourself into thinking that if Newcastle was a two team town, that they would.

Very much looking forward to S****horpe at home for the geordies in front of 15,000.

"Down, down, deeper and down!"

Archived