IGNORED

Styvar Off To Skoda Xanthi?

bristolcitysweden

if he does go on loan gary must have a couple of strikers on the horizon as i cant see him letting dele and styvar both going without replacements lined up

cant really comment whether or not styvar is any good as we have only seen him a few times don't think he managed 90mins in a game but if he isn't up to pace of english football or hes homesick then maybe its best he moves on and we replace him with someone who is proven at this level

Anyone fancy having a go at translating this!

http://aktualne.centrum.sk/sport/futbal/cl...html?id=1183031

Least I can do :innocent06:

Štyvar in England long neohrial. Going to Greece

Bratislava - Career English footballer Peter Štyvara will continue in Greece. Dvadsaťosemročný attacker (b. 13. 8. 1980) departs from druholigového English club Bristol City FC in the team competition, the highest Greek Skoda Xanthi FC.

"In Peter is the annual hosting from 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010 that has Xanthi in the summer of next year, entitled to exercise an option and can get Štyvara definitive in their rows," he said Friday afternoon from Greece licensing Manager SFZ Vladimir Varga, the Czech zakončovateľa represented in the negotiations.

Rožňavské pupil came to Bristol in early January, as the English clubs to sign a 2.5-year contract to 30 June 2011.

The team, which in the League Championship in 2008/2009 followed by 24-member competition finally 10th place with 61 points, took Štyvar in the base is only twice as relieving the player came to the mound in the league eight times. In the English Cup (FA Cup) twice got the opportunity from a position of alternate. Do gólom statistics are not to enter.

"Peter played in Bristol a few, so they act has been satisfied. In Greece, it should be better in this regard. Both clubs have agreed on the conditions of his annual hosting, and by Peter comforted the transfer. In Xanthi shall be reported on July 1 "added V. Varga.

The new club, under the Acropolis, the high Slovak attacker can meet with the former for team from Žilina Zdeno Strba, whose Skoda also has an interest.

In the past Štyvar career, Peter worked at the Czech club FK Teplice, Chomutov, and FK FK Usti nad Labem, the Czech Republic to take part in jersey Locomotives Kosice, ZP Sport Podbrezová, AS Trencin and Zilina MŠK, from winter to change to said Bristol City.

Greek club Skoda Xanthi fill in the 2008/2009 season in the final Table 7 place with 38 points. Team leads from the bench 51-year German Wolfgang Wolf, the team plays home matches in the Skoda Xanthi Arena with a capacity of 7,422 spectators.

Babelfished the forum link above (badly). Styvar seems to give some sort of statement saying he's going because he wants to play more regular football

“The first reason is that gained me the chairman with the confidence that I showed. From the first moment it showed me how many a lot me wanted. The second and more important reason is that I want to play ball and [gi]' this I came in Xanthi that will give me this occasion. The last six months had been absent to me the football”, stressed 28[chronos] aggressive and supplemented: “I know [bolf] as name, but I do not know him personally”.

[slobakos] aggressive was also reported in the compatriot of [strmpa], which is found in the “foresight of” border team: “I have read for the interest of Xanthi for [strmpa] and I hope it comes because we collaborated irreproachably in [Zilina]”.

So this Greek team want to buy Styvars old teammate from Zilina as well (I think)

Babelfished the forum link above (badly). Styvar seems to give some sort of statement saying he's going because he wants to play more regular football.

All pros want to play more football and Styvar has wasted a season with us. He's around 29 and running out of time to achieve his dreams. His playing schedule and GJ's don't match, so good for him on making a career decision.

From GJ's perspective, its been obvious that Styvar is not high on his list of favorites, in fact I wonder about why he was signed in the first place.

Based of course on the reality of the reports from the above sources.

, in fact I wonder about why he was signed in the first place.

Four goals in a trial game at Exeter?

GJ's end of season review said he had suffered from illness through the season which is why he had not performed. So now he's recovered he's shipped out for the remainder of his contract to a club with a capacity of 7,000. I don't understand and await the club statement. The Carle sale made a lot of sense when it was finally explained six months later (top earner, not really performing, sell for a quick profit), so maybe this will as well.

GJ's end of season review said he had suffered from illness through the season which is why he had not performed. So now he's recovered he's shipped out for the remainder of his contract to a club with a capacity of 7,000. I don't understand and await the club statement. The Carle sale made a lot of sense when it was finally explained six months later (top earner, not really performing, sell for a quick profit), so maybe this will as well.

GJ will say whatever puts him in the best light, as will most managers

I keep reading about the profit on Carle ? He was signed for around half a million, would have recieved a decent signing on fee and then we paid his inflated wages until the sale to Palace.

Thats not a profit, more like we break even on the deal. Better than a loss, but a profit, well hardly.

As a follow up, Carle is in the Aussie World cup squad for the 3 upcoming summer games in June. Given the Aussie midfield is less than strong or creative, he may get a chance.

IMO he is better than average, not World Cup standard and running out of years.

The Aussies best creative player is our old friend Luke Wilkshire, mom against Italy in the last World Cup and playing a huge role as an attacking right wing/back. He is also our last midfielder to score 10 goals in a season and that was mostly out of position on the left flank.

:rolleyes:

GJ's end of season review said he had suffered from illness through the season which is why he had not performed. So now he's recovered he's shipped out for the remainder of his contract to a club with a capacity of 7,000. I don't understand and await the club statement.

This surely isn't true?

That would indicate that he was signed on the basis of being watched on telly against Villa reserves which can't be the case.

This surely isn't true?

That would indicate that he was signed on the basis of being watched on telly against Villa reserves which can't be the case.

He played on trial as Peter Shriver against Exeter and scored 4.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him offloaded, he's looked miles off being useful despite what the manager has to say publicly.

For all we know this rumour may have surfaced on the Slovak version of Football Rumours!!! If it is true it makes me question our scouting/vetting policy as he would be the second signing from abroad bombed out within 6ish months of them signing. Not good in terms of attracting players from the continent.

How about - It was a rubbish signing and a total waste of money. Having signed him, he was played in 2 Cup games where he looked out of his depth, then was stuck on the bench making short cameo appearances towards the end of games, again, not really showing a lot. Towards the end of season, there were a few games where he could have started, where he could have had the opportunity to prove himself, and give supporters a chance to properly assess him, but he was not chosen for some reason, normally an illness of convenience. A very poor buy, very badly handled, and it will be spun to make it sound like it was a great piece of management and a great deal for City.

Some very harsh words on here for Styvar.

He came here without his family and with a significant language barrier to deal with. He was immediately thrust into games against the league leaders and Premier League opposition with either current or former national talent to contend with. I believe he did show some glimpses, although that being said I saw him appear timid and ineffective during a recent reserve team outing, and it can only be concluded, unless our scouting network is incredibly incapable, that the reason for any potential move is due to him failing to settle.

He certainly hasnt set the world alight but this should be a poor reflection on Johnson and the scouting team rather than Peter himself.

If true, clearly he hasnt settled and the a quick move is in the best interest of all parties. In a twisted way if Styvar does leave this summer Johnson should perhaps be congratulated, not for the signing which he clearly got wrong, but on his public admission as such.

Some very harsh words on here for Styvar.

He came here without his family and with a significant language barrier to deal with. He was immediately thrust into games against the league leaders and Premier League opposition with either current or former national talent to contend with. I believe he did show some glimpses, although that being said I saw him appear timid and ineffective during a recent reserve team outing, and it can only be concluded, unless our scouting network is incredibly incapable, that the reason for any potential move is due to him failing to settle.

He certainly hasnt set the world alight but this should be a poor reflection on Johnson and the scouting team rather than Peter himself.

His English is better than many migrant workers and England isn't a hard country to settle in unless you were used to beautiful weather. Money cures most ills when you can bring your family with you.

Sometimes players just aren't as good as you think they are. It happens to everyone from Man Utd down.

If true, clearly he hasnt settled and the a quick move is in the best interest of all parties. In a twisted way if Styvar does leave this summer Johnson should perhaps be congratulated, not for the signing which he clearly got wrong, but on his public admission as such.

It's a very minor point but I think it's what irritates some people immenseley - you will not hear GJ admit to getting it wrong.

There's no guarantee this is true but I think the club are quietly exploring a move, it's not often you hear GJ telling fans the price was half what they thought it was.

A signing that didnt go to plan for either the club or the player, nothing more, nothing less. It happens. If he does move on it is the best option for both imo, we lose him off the wage bill, he gets to play football. If he stays, its a risk for both parties.

For me, he looked like he had enough about him to make him a good signing but clearly he never got to grips with the game over here, and consequently I think his confidence took a bit of a battering. I actually think GJ's biggest mistake in this issue was thrusting him at the deep end when he first arrived here, as it appears that did not work as GJ may have hoped. Rather than get him 'up to scratch' quicker I feel it may have knocked his belief in his ability to play in the english game and I'm not sure he fully got over it.

Onwards and upwards for both.

Its too simple to say it was a 'bad signing'...yes in the scheme of things it didn't work, however I personally don't think PS is bad player. I can see why GJ bought him. My bigger concern(though I'm not pulling my hair out over it) would lie not in the actual 'signing' (GJ's ability to judge a player), but in how GJ and the coaching team were not able to turn what they 'saw' into actual rewards on the pitch. As i said above, although easy to say in hindsight, I really don't think it benefited PS in any way when he was chucked in at the deep end. I know we were a little light on options at the time, but that could have been combatted. He did get better as time went on, and this is where those 'glimpes' came to light but I'm not sure he ever felt comfortable in his ability after those initial two games, when he did look very much out of his depth, it was not the best introduction to his career at City.

The downside from all of this is that now, if we look to a player from abroad in the future, the pressure will be on from the off for both manager and player as questions of 'is this an other styvar?' will be asked from the start. GJ may feel under a bit of pressure to 'not' make such signings again which could be a shame.

If Styvar does leave and, as we all surely accept, so does Adebola then without additions we are entering next season massively lightweight in the striking department. So much so that the starting front two would be Maynard and a player who Johnson clearly believes has no future at the club, Trundle.

Realistically thrusting Akinde into the first team after an impressive run in League Two is a recipe for disaster. It doesnt take long for all those clamouring for an injection of youth to turn that blind faith into accusations of naivity on the managers part.

If Styvar does depart that would leave us in a significantly weaker position than this time last year and require a minimum of three attacking additions - if you believe, like me, that Trundle will only get a look in through necessity and Akinde should be allowed more time.

Suddenly a striker becomes the absolute priority. Casting aside right wing, left back, centre back (presuming departures are imminent) and centre midfield, all these pale in comparison to the now glaring need up top.

If Styvar does leave and, as we all surely accept, so does Adebola then without additions we are entering next season massively lightweight in the striking department. So much so that the starting front two would be Maynard and a player who Johnson clearly believes has no future at the club, Trundle.

Realistically thrusting Akinde into the first team after an impressive run in League Two is a recipe for disaster. It doesnt take long for all those clamouring for an injection of youth to turn that blind faith into accusations of naivity on the managers part.

If Styvar does depart that would leave us in a significantly weaker position than this time last year and require a minimum of three attacking additions - if you believe, like me, that Trundle will only get a look in through necessity and Akinde should be allowed more time.

Suddenly a striker becomes the absolute priority. Casting aside right wing, left back, centre back (presuming departures are imminent) and centre midfield, all these pale in comparison to the now glaring need up top.

If Styvar does indeed leave we might as well give Adebola a 2 year contract, which would give Akinde some more time to develop.

Still think the club are wrong letting Adebola go, if we have a ready made replacement then fair enough, but we don't.

If Styvar does indeed leave we might as well give Adebola a 2 year contract, which would give Akinde some more time to develop.

Still think the club are wrong letting Adebola go, if we have a ready made replacement then fair enough, but we don't.

I think the club are right to stand behind their original offer on Dele and I would avoid altering it at all costs.

The reason Adebola is only being offered a single year is that, this season, he struggled to play more than one game a week and, if we're honest, struggled to complete a whole 90 minutes and, as an aside, be especially effective in that.

That evaluation is harsh on Adebola who had a great season, but Styvar or no Styvar shouldnt alter the facts surrounding our Adebola stance.

I think the club are right to stand behind their original offer on Dele and I would avoid altering it at all costs.

The reason Adebola is only being offered a single year is that, this season, he struggled to play more than one game a week and, if we're honest, struggled to complete a whole 90 minutes and, as an aside, be especially effective in that.

That evaluation is harsh on Adebola who had a great season, but Styvar or no Styvar shouldnt alter the facts surrounding our Adebola stance.

If we play fair then what was the reasoning behind giving Scott Murray an extra year when he was past it 3 years ago. Even the most ardent Murray fan would have to say it was giving money for old rope.

Adebola can play at this level, granted not every week, but, at least we know we can call upon him when needed.

If we play fair then what was the reasoning behind giving Scott Murray an extra year when he was past it 3 years ago. Even the most ardent Murray fan would have to say it was giving money for old rope.

Adebola can play at this level, granted not every week, but, at least we know we can call upon him when needed.

Murray has been at the club a decade, earns about a quarter of what Adebola wants, and was massively important to the dressing room. He was past it but he has a future at the club in coaching.

Adebola is not capable of 2 years at this level, it would be like paying him £16k a week instead of £8k. He's not even that good to be honest, he has one good game in three or four and was dire for the first half of the season just gone - strange he turned it on as his deal ran out.

We should get a younger strong centre forward in to build a partnership with Maynard for years to come.

Another chapter in the Styvar mystery. I actually thought he looked reasonably decent in the match at Portsmouth, given he was thrust straight into it, played out of position and it was a largely defensive performance.

After that it was all a bit sketchy. He occasionally looked like he could be a threat but in some of his other cameos were nondescript. He scored a few goals for the reserves but looked badly out of touch in some reserve games I was told.

I always thought it was a bit strange after the Wolves game then GJ said Styvar had never encountered such conditions . . . I mean the wind blows in Slovakia too.

Then there was the illness after playing for Slovakia which seemed to last for two or three weeks. Then after the end of the season GJ revealed he had a second long illness, which I don't recall being mentioned at the time but belatedly explained his absence from the squad.

I was prepared to believe he could some good after a settling in period because there were flashes of his ability, without being much of a goal threat.

And yes, if this move is true we will need some strikers. Last season we needed six after all. Except that two were farmed out at various times.

We should get a younger strong centre forward in to build a partnership with Maynard for years to come.

Before this rumour surfaced my personal priority was;

Right Wing,

Left Back,

Centre Back - if their are departures,

Centre Midfield.

Striker

If this rumour proves accurate then 'Striker' immediately leapfrogs all before it and, not just tops the priority list, the temptation must surely be there to spend a similar amount to the Maynard deal on an up and coming striker who complements Maynard and put to bed the Ashton Gate Striking merry-go-round for the forseeable future.

Before this rumour surfaced my personal priority was;

Right Wing,

Left Back,

Centre Back - if their are departures,

Centre Midfield.

Striker

If this rumour proves accurate then 'Striker' immediately leapfrogs all before it and, not just tops the priority list, the temptation must surely be there to spend a similar amount to the Maynard deal on an up and coming striker who complements Maynard and put to bed the Ashton Gate Striking merry-go-round for the forseeable future.

I was going to make a comment regarding the "Striker merry-go-round" because in my view it is at the expense of strengthening the whole squad, as to much resourse gets diluted on striker buys. We are regulalrly reminded about stability and lets hope this summers recruitment is more stable so that over time we can build a stronger squad over all.

Archived