IGNORED

Make Or Break Season For Gj?

NickJ

It's an evolutionary process, though.

Interesting choice of words on a few different levels.

Surely you're not suggesting we just drift through the season making small random changes with each game and try to keep the traits that seem beneficial? :innocent06:

I'd suggest that to keep pace with other herds we need GJ to be more ruthless as a predator than he has been so far because evolution by itself doesn't improve the stock.

Aside from that I think there is another aspect to this - which is that there are certain traits we have actively avoided developing and testing.

Interesting.

I don't think that at all. I think he needs to be stronger now than ever in his beliefs and hold true to them.

As I see it, one of his beliefs is, he builds a squad of players and shows faith and trust in them for longer than most would. If they let him down, they can have few complaints if they're replaced at the end of the season. However, it does show new players coming in that they too will be given every chance and will have the trust and support of the manager for as long as they deserve it.

I think a lot of players let him down last season, to a lesser or greater degree, and that will be reflected in who stays, who goes and who is brought in.

I think his beliefs border on pig headedness in some instances, and if he continues to place his faith in the chosen few, then blames everyone but himself should things go wrong we will be in trouble.

Professional footballers coming to any club should know that they have to perform, or there is someone in the wings waiting to take their place. Otherwise, complacency creeps in (has crept).

His general view on long term loans sells us short also in my opinion - again Edson, we beg to differ!

I think his beliefs border on pig headedness in some instances, and if he continues to place his faith in the chosen few, then blames everyone but himself should things go wrong we will be in trouble.

Professional footballers coming to any club should know that they have to perform, or there is someone in the wings waiting to take their place. Otherwise, complacency creeps in (has crept).

His general view on long term loans sells us short also in my opinion - again Edson, we beg to differ!

I think we differ in our perceptions of Gary Johnson, yes. I don't see him as pig-headed, I see him as single-minded and confident that his beliefs are the right ones for this club.

However, I agree that the time has come to replace some of the squad/team who haven't repaid the opportunities given to them and the faith shown in them. My point is/was, that GJ will only do that when he is satisfied the 'group' (as he often calls it) can have few complaints when it happens. Typically, that happens at the end of the season, due to the transfer window restrictions placed on him, but given how Gary complains about the window, I can only presume it frustrates him because he'd like to bring in players at other points of the season.

I agree about the long-term loans being an avenue we should explore. But I think it's more about being able to get the right ones in than ignoring it as an option completely. Of course, that will only be proved when he actually exploits it, rather than giving historical accounts of players we went for but didn't get, such as Mancienne and Campbell.

well its pretty clear that there is going to be changes we have already let noble, myrie williams, weale go and adebola looks certain to go with strong rumours styvar and mccombe will be shown the door aswell gj isn't stupid he knows we need a different aproach this season and he is clearing the way for new players but we as the fans need to be patient as it obviously takes time

Archived