IGNORED

City Sign Andre Blackman - Official Sms

JonPikeUK

Guest RobbieTurner
Well it's definately a position we needed cover/competition in. According to Wiki he previously played for Spurs too.

Now this is going to sound like s**t given the Lita thread, but the person who told me about Lita told me this deal was done and dusted 3-4 weeks ago, all except all he could remember was he was a left sided player from Pompey and not his name....hence why I never posted it.....wish I would have done now.

He's only 18. Unless he's very good he won't be challenging McAllister just yet, though he will provide good cover.

I hope his signing doesn't take any opportunities away from Wilson or Riberio.

Think you're right that he won't be challenging straight away, but as he's a left back, Ribeiro is a right back (I think!), and JW is a centre half so it looks like we've got some good youngsters providing cover/competition all along the back line.

Welcme Andre, looking forward to seeing what you can do :fingerscrossed:

No, I haven't.

I think I'm right in saying that this makes him crap, if I'm to use correct otib etiquette.

:rofl2br: That just about sums up a few on here although I realise you are kidding. I'm waiting for the negative posters to start slamming the signing

OS says he's played for Arsenal, Spurs and Portsmouth.

Is he Sol Campbell in disguise?

I've never heard of him but, unless he's Scottish (please note Edson), that doesn't necessarily make him crap.

Left back is definitely one area we've needed cover for. If GJ makes a good central midfield signing soonish I'm worried he might be reading my thoughts....

Now this is going to sound like s**t given the Lita thread, but the person who told me about Lita told me this deal was done and dusted 3-4 weeks ago, all except all he could remember was he was a left sided player from Pompey and not his name....hence why I never posted it.....wish I would have done now.

Hmmm I guess time will tell.

He's only 18. Unless he's very good he won't be challenging McAllister just yet, though he will provide good cover.

I am of the complete opposite opinion......I think he will be in from start as long as he has good pre season

We need attacking flair from both our fullbacks to provide ammo for the strikers - neither Mac or Orr give us this IMO because when they do get forward they cant get back

Pleased with this singing personally. 3 Premier league clubs already (although i understand not near the first teams) shows that he is a very good prospect.

I just hope if McAllister gets injured we give this young lad a chance rather than stick Brian Wilson in at Left-Back.

I just hope if McAllister gets injured we give this young lad a chance rather than stick Brian Wilson in at Left-Back.

Totally agree, too many times last year we either played Wilson out of position or put Fontaine there who could do a good job but we missed him in the middle. This is a good signing as it provides proper cover for this position and if he gets his chance hopefully he will take it.

Delighted we've signed a left back - Was thinking this morning that I havent heard that we're chasing a left back - which was worrying cos left back is the position that we needed someone most.

Slightly disappointed we aint got someone who is going to challenge Jamie McAllister immediately, but at least he'll have competition now.

Delighted we've signed a left back - Was thinking this morning that I havent heard that we're chasing a left back - which was worrying cos left back is the position that we needed someone most.

Slightly disappointed we aint got someone who is going to challenge Jamie McAllister immediately, but at least he'll have competition now.

I am qieutly beginning to get excited about this coming season-- it does appear that the squad is taking shape with GJ deciding he needs to build differently -- ie more youth, pace and hopefully they will have the required skill. if he can blend the youngsters like he did the older personnel we could be in for a treat. As i said hopefully exciting times ahead.

As for Blackman no one would have worried about Frazier Campbell coming staright into the first team squad -- and Blackman could be equally ready -- one could argue it may be easier in his position than in the spotlight up front.

Archived