IGNORED

City Sign Andre Blackman - Official Sms

JonPikeUK

Guest Eamer
I hope his signing doesn't take any opportunities away from Wilson or Riberio.

It shouldn't do, Ribeiro is a right-back and James Wilson is a centre-back and it looks like this new guy plays purely on the left which is a good move.

I just hope if McAllister gets injured we give this young lad a chance rather than stick Brian Wilson in at Left-Back.

You're definately not the only one.

We needed a couple of strikers, a right winger, a central midfielder and defensive cover.

So far we've signed an exciting International prospect up front and a young, hungry, versatile left sided player who fit our needs perfectly.

Said it before and ill say it again, if we can recruit a quality right winger, another threatening striking option and a central midfielder this league is there for the taking.

McAllister missed 11 league games last season through injury/suspension and at his age that may get worse this season.

I say Blackman will get his chance sooner rather than later.

He can play left wing as well so that gives an idea of the type of left back he is.

Good signing, at the very least it'll keep McAllister and McIndoe on their toes.

great news

hopefully can provide immediate cover for mccallister and maybe by next season (if not before) genuine competition

also we now have a whole back 5 of players coming through (if you include liam)

GK - Henderson

DR - Ribs

DL - Blackman

DC - J Wilson

DC - Fonts

McAllister missed 11 league games last season through injury/suspension and at his age that may get worse this season.

I say Blackman will get his chance sooner rather than later.

He can play left wing as well so that gives an idea of the type of left back he is.

Good signing, at the very least it'll keep McAllister and McIndoe on their toes.

long as he recovers from his injury

He's only 18. Unless he's very good he won't be challenging McAllister just yet, though he will provide good cover.

I hope his signing doesn't take any opportunities away from Wilson or Riberio.

Let's hope this keeps Ribs away from the left, that's where he did his cruciate ligament against Posh last August!

Guest Eamer
also we now have a whole back 5 of players coming through (if you include liam)

GK - Henderson

DR - Ribs

DL - Blackman

DC - J Wilson

DC - Fonts

GK - Henderson

DR - Ribs

DL - Blackman

DC - J Wilson

DC - Fonts

MR - Edwards

ML - Jackson

MC - Kington

MC - Artus

ST - Maynard

ST - Akinde

:)

sounds like a good prospect and in a win win situation that we haven't paid a feee and he's only young so it's hard to predict how well he'll do but we'll see what GJ can do. I really would love to see more youth mixed into the first team even if it's just more sub apperances.

I am led to believe that the answer to that question is 'very!'.

Just spoken to my die-hard Pompey friend who has seen Blackman in the reserves and said he is extremely fast, likes to push forward but is a bit slight, probably the fact he's stil young. Would probably do better at this level.

Good times GJ

found this comment from a pompey fan

I can't believe we've let such a talented player go, only seen him about 4 or 5 times but to me he looked like he could easily become a world class left-back. I imangine his weakness is his concentration and all round defensive ability, but this lad is fast, i mean Usain Bolt fast and confortably 6ft. You could have a real player on your hands, for our sake I hope i'm wrong especially with hreidason, as our only out n out left back, coming to the end of his career.

I can't believe we've let such a talented player go, only seen him about 4 or 5 times but to me he looked like he could easily become a world class left-back. I imangine his weakness is his concentration and all round defensive ability, but this lad is fast, i mean Usain Bolt fast and confortably 6ft. You could have a real player on your hands, for our sake I hope i'm wrong especially with hreidason, as our only out n out left back, coming to the end of his career.

world class?? I'm not sure they would of let him go if he was to become world class :tumbleweed:

Good to hear positive things, if maybe a little exaggerated!

Isn't the lad Belhadj a left back? I've been pretty impressed with him since they signed him

Good to hear positive things, if maybe a little exaggerated!

Isn't the lad Belhadj a left back? I've been pretty impressed with him since they signed him

yeah belhadj is a left back but used more as a wing back sproule made him look like a amateur in the fa cup replay at ag though

Sorry I had to laugh at that.

He could easily become a world class left back but his weaknesses are concentration and all round defensive ability?

That's like saying 'he could be a fantastic midfielder but struggles with his passing and isnt a ball winner.'

That sounds like some top notch ITV 'punditry' to me!

Sorry I had to laugh at that.

He could easily become a world class left back but his weaknesses are concentration and all round defensive ability?

That sounds like some top notch ITV 'punditry' to me!

Some of the worlds best left backs havent been the greatest defenders .... Danni Alves for example.

Archived