IGNORED

Bcfc World Player

redcityman

hello, is anybody having viewing problems? i'm able to log in but when selecting highlights/interviews etc it keeps asking me for my details even though it clearly states that i'm logged in!!!! anyone else have this issue?

cheers

you are referring to the new system i presume?>.. if so then YES .... same problem.. i only re-signed because they had the cheeky audacity to call me in Havana and ask if i could PLEASE stay with them and re-sign for another year... when they told me the mac platform was working well and the new system much better AND they only want 4 quid until oct i said 'oh alright then'..... i watched 30 mins of highlights as far back as the cheltenham match and then.,... when i tired to watch hereford and a couple of other interview it stopped working and did the same.. asking me to log in... again... then it froze.

i emailed them two days ago and have not received a reply,.... unless they do and/or they sort it i will not go beyond oct. Right now i would give it 2.5 / 10

you are referring to the new system i presume?>.. if so then YES .... same problem.. i only re-signed because they had the cheeky audacity to call me in Havana and ask if i could PLEASE stay with them and re-sign for another year... when they told me the mac platform was working well and the new system much better AND they only want 4 quid until oct i said 'oh alright then'..... i watched 30 mins of highlights as far back as the cheltenham match and then.,... when i tired to watch hereford and a couple of other interview it stopped working and did the same.. asking me to log in... again... then it froze.

i emailed them two days ago and have not received a reply,.... unless they do and/or they sort it i will not go beyond oct. Right now i would give it 2.5 / 10

I can't even sign in every time i try the screen freezes with error on page, tried loads of times with same result, can't access nothing, well hacked off!

I can't even sign in every time i try the screen freezes with error on page, tried loads of times with same result, can't access nothing, well hacked off!

just watched the reports and highlights of city v wolves and the match kept cutting out... still, seems the distance is not the issue as i got farther than you if you are in the UK. baffles me why they don't sort these problems during a trial period before they go live and sell the service. Hopeless.

Gave up yesterday when I couldn't get the commentary, this after seeeing how poor the picture quality was on highlights against the better quality picture with world. Luckily there is a handy unsubscribe item on the menu in 'my account'. I took full advantage and can now look forward to saving £3.99 a month, not a fortune, equates to a pint of ale and a bag of pork scratchings if I'm not very much mistaken - Ah satisfaction!.

There were problems with older versions of Flash staying on your system:

Check Control Panel for versions of Flash Player and use the uninstall/remove to get rid of the old versions (if any)

then use Flash Players own uninstall program:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

and then install latest

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

should work after that however you might need to restart your computer.

If using Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 2.xx then you need to upgrade to latest versions

If all above fails then I have no further solutions.

Does this new service incorporate classic matches like BC World used to?

I've been waiting since the game was played to watch the 1-nil win over the Gash with Louie Donowa scoring the last minute winner, but BC World never had it.

Can somebody please put it on Bristol City Player or the other video website that rhymes with YouBoob.com?

Think I read somewhere that archives will be available from the end of August.

Been away for a while - it appears they didn't bother migrating across Bristol City World customers, but am I right to assume that I'm not still paying for World? Haven't been able to access my UK account for a while.

I got migrated across without any hassle. They really need to be consistent for this. I dont see how some peoples could work brilliantly without any problems and how some peoples could be absolutley sh1te.

I saw loads of comments on the Forum but now can't find them (apologies Mods if I've missed them)

Have upgraded to Flash 10 and on 6.8 Mbps upspeed broadband, but the quality of the picture on full-screen, at High speed is very grainy and poor - maybe I mis-read the previous commnets but I thought I read people saying they could show the new Player videos on their big-screen TVs but this would be even worse based on what I've seen.

Also the viewing picture has two overlapping white frame-like boxes on it.

Anyone got any ideas to improve the picture or is this how it is for everyone ?

No issues with volume, though, which others have had.

Cheers.

Have you tried the highlights from the other friendlies, I thought the Wolves one was not as good quality for some reason and the interviews are better quality. The framing on the picture is explained next to the video, seems a one off.

My laptop shows it pretty grainy as well but not sure what to compare it with or what quality I should expect as I have to be honest I hardly ever used World before. I don't remember it being so grainy on full screen though. Maybe I'm wrong.

Basically, when watching BCFC Player on my laptop on full-screen I can tell I'm watching on computer and not TV or DVD if that makes sense. Maybe some settings I can fiddle with?

Other than that I like it - BCFC World/Player is a good service when working correctly, wish I'd made more use of it before.

Have you tried the highlights from the other friendlies, I thought the Wolves one was not as good quality for some reason and the interviews are better quality. The framing on the picture is explained next to the video, seems a one off.

Thanks for quick response - hadn't noticed the framing was just on the Wolves clip. In terms of expectations, would it be reasonable to expect same quality as BBC iplayer, which is excellent ?

there was an apology for the framing. as to the quality....... dont know what your expecting from a streaming site

As this has been trumpeted by the club as a major improvement, i would expect the full screen highlights to be better than the old World downloaded full screen highlights ....... they are not, they are not even close to the old World quality.

:disapointed2se:

Thanks for quick response - hadn't noticed the framing was just on the Wolves clip. In terms of expectations, would it be reasonable to expect same quality as BBC iplayer, which is excellent ?

I've never used BBC iplayer but would imagine it's similar to FOX,CBS, ABC etc which is near as dammit HD, depending on your connection. What I would have expected from this is about the same quality as a YouTube HQ video and up until the Wolves highlights I thought it was not far off and the audio was also high quality.

I've had no streaming problems or have seen it even buffer once, I thought I'd take some snap shots tonight, logged in and none of it's working :badmood:

I saw loads of comments on the Forum but now can't find them (apologies Mods if I've missed them)

Have upgraded to Flash 10 and on 6.8 Mbps upspeed broadband, but the quality of the picture on full-screen, at High speed is very grainy and poor - maybe I mis-read the previous commnets but I thought I read people saying they could show the new Player videos on their big-screen TVs but this would be even worse based on what I've seen.

Also the viewing picture has two overlapping white frame-like boxes on it.

Anyone got any ideas to improve the picture or is this how it is for everyone ?

No issues with volume, though, which others have had.

Cheers.

Exactly the same here, The quality on the Wolves highlights were very poor and nearly unwatchable tbh especially when viewing in full screen.

However I just watched the Dorchester highlights and the quality was much better and almost watchable in full screen and I would say on a par with world certainly no where near the crystal quality they say it would be.

I would liek to watch highlights but the quality is so bad that in the past I have mainly just watched the interviews.

I'm struggling with it. Have done all the Flash recommendations but still get a freezing screen every 5-10 seconds whether using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Have just switched to "Low" quality and seen the GJ interview from last night with only one freeze but obviously it is not ideal.

Archived