IGNORED

Mcindoe, Going Or Not?

slartibartfast

I watched an interview with Blackwell on the Seff Utd website yesterday, updating their fans on potential signings, he talked openly about Tommy Smith but when questioned about McIndoe couldn't get off the topic quick enough, just said we are still talking to one or two people, confimed he'd spoken to the player and then swiftly moved away from it.

Very odd.

Guest DanC
I watched that as well - he was very open about Tommy Smith and the failed Surman deals, but the opposite when asked about McIndoe.

"We'll see what happens" and "negotiations with others."

If City can't get an adequate replacement, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Players usually get their way, but GJ could dig in if we can't replace him.

Could be the "negotiations with others" is regarding Carney/Cotterill/whoever as part of the deal.

It certainly suggests a swap deal could be involved. Just listened to it and he said something like negotiations with certain people within that transfer but to me it sounded as if he wasn't confident it would go through.

Is MM still training with us whilst this goes on? It would be crap if the deal fell through and then we find he is behind all the other players because he was taking part in negotiations.

To be honest i hope MM goes now. He didnt seem that interested in playing for us last season and was outspoken a few times about the club and GJ.

He only ever seems to stay at any club for around two seasons before he gets itchy feet and moves on again for a substantial signing on fee.. Thanks for all you've done for us MM but its time for you to go so we can get in a player who's heart is with BCFC .....

MM has gone, Sheff utd keeping quiet untill we get the replacement sorted which will be taylor tomorrow or thursday..

Expect announcements for these movements then.

I hope you're right!!

I don't know if I could face another frustrating year watching MM - fresh blood on the wings is what we need.

It certainly suggests a swap deal could be involved. Just listened to it and he said something like negotiations with certain people within that transfer but to me it sounded as if he wasn't confident it would go through.

Is MM still training with us whilst this goes on? It would be crap if the deal fell through and then we find he is behind all the other players because he was taking part in negotiations.

Do you mean 'behind' in the fitness sense? If so, I think that's the one thing you don't need to worry about. The man is a fanatic when it comes to staying in shape. He may not be the best winger I've seen at AG in the last five decades (nor is he the worst, by a long way) but he's close to being the fittest and most hard-working. I have no problem with him leaving if we sign a suitable replacement, but I think you may yet be surprised at how much he's missed. You might not rate him, but he certainly puts his shift in, as Mick McCarthy said of him when he left Wolves.

Sometimes "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" (with acknowledgements to Joni Mitchell).

Sheff Utd have also got Julian Gray on trial at the moment from Fulham. Another decent left winger which might suggest Macca won't be leaving us after all.

Personally I'd be delighted if he stayed, but would still like to see some competition brought in on the left. Also, I believe this is the last year of his contract? If he doesn't leave now chances are he'll go for free next year which is obviously bad news for the club.

Sheff Utd have also got Julian Gray on trial at the moment from Fulham. Another decent left winger which might suggest Macca won't be leaving us after all.

Personally I'd be delighted if he stayed, but would still like to see some competition brought in on the left. Also, I believe this is the last year of his contract? If he doesn't leave now chances are he'll go for free next year which is obviously bad news for the club.

With you on that, Ashton. I'd rather have him in the squad than not, but his performance levels did drop a bit last season - I personally think because he was absolutely drained after putting in some near-superhuman stints the previous season. The play-off semi-finals come to mind, particularly the second leg, when he was still getting box to box in the second period of extra time after running his buns off from the kick-off. It's not just to do with physical fitness: he's got that in spades as I've said before. It's in the head as well. All of which supports your case for retaining him, but with essential cover for the LM position, which has been conspicuously absent.

Maybe the club are waiting till we sign Hartley or A N Other.. tuck a bad news story away behind a good news one?

In GJ's interview last week he said he would "explain the reasons" behind the MM deal when/if it had gone through. Sounded interesting.

Guest RobbieTurner
In GJ's interview last week he said he would "explain the reasons" behind the MM deal when/if it had gone through. Sounded interesting.

Yeah I noted that - will be interesting to hear what those reasons are...

Yeah I noted that - will be interesting to hear what those reasons are...

I get the impression GJ would like the cash for MM, as he's earmarked a cheaper, younger and better value replacement. It's no accident he "let slip" in his press conference last week that Sheff Utd were talking to MM. Gary doesnt do things by accident - he wanted to alert as many clubs as possible to the fact that MM is available. He may not be confident about the blades doing a deal, and perhaps he's hoping to alert a few other clubs.

I was thinking along the same lines, it was unusual for GJ to give out so much info.

But McIndoe is a single minded character and he'll decide if he goes or not.

Given what Blackwell said earlier, the fact he's got alternatives, and the delays so far, it's looking increasingly unlikely that he'll be going to Sheff.Utd.

I hope he stays, but that also looks unlikely given his talks with Sheffield and GJ's revelations to the media.

IMO McIndoe was dead in the water when he made a media comment about GJ's squad. He was dropped for the following match and there was much conjecture about it on this forum.

GJ is not someone to forgive or forget and whilst McIndoe has not been shown the door, he has certainly been handed his hat.

I think something has gone on and MM has upset GJ wanting to leave. I cannot see this now being resolved and MM will leave soon. I'm sure if there was a possibility that he was staying GJ would have made sure that he turned up for training until it was all sorted...

Its a shame for MM he would stand more chance getting noticed for a place in the Scottish side playing for us next season with 3 of the current Scottish squad in our ranks Hartley, Clarkson and McAllister their scouts are going to be watching us quite often now..

Whatever you do MM, thanks for the memories but in all honesty you never stay anywhere longer than two seasons so i don't think many of us were that suprised to hear you were off.

Yep, there is one thing that has become apparent over the career of GJ at BCFC and that is he will not tolerate players who try and undermine his authority.

Now stating to the media that the squad the manager has assembled is not strong enough (whether true or not) is something that MM must has known would place him in GJ bad books.....and was therefore a pretty idiotic thing to do, unless he really couldn't give a stuff for the club that was paying his wages, although I expect it was born out of frustration more than anything else.

MM is not a bad player and would still do us a very good job on the left at this level and with Hartley signed up, I would like to think that MM would have no reason to drift in field as much, and would stay wide, where he is most effective (when on his game). That said, I would be staggered if he stayed, given GJ recent comments, given his desire to air his opinions in public and which was effectively questioning the ability of the manager and also his performances last season.

If by some quirk of fate he did stay, I think he has the distinct possibility of becoming public enemy number one......unless of course he scored a few early goals..........then I would go and get a shirt with his name on the back! (ha ha).

Yep, there is one thing that has become apparent over the career of GJ at BCFC and that is he will not tolerate players who try and undermine his authority.

Now stating to the media that the squad the manager has assembled is not strong enough (whether true or not) is something that MM must has known would place him in GJ bad books.....and was therefore a pretty idiotic thing to do, unless he really couldn't give a stuff for the club that was paying his wages, although I expect it was born out of frustration more than anything else.

MM is not a bad player and would still do us a very good job on the left at this level and with Hartley signed up, I would like to think that MM would have no reason to drift in field as much, and would stay wide, where he is most effective (when on his game). That said, I would be staggered if he stayed, given GJ recent comments, given his desire to air his opinions in public and which was effectively questioning the ability of the manager and also his performances last season.

If by some quirk of fate he did stay, I think he has the distinct possibility of becoming public enemy number one......unless of course he scored a few early goals..........then I would go and get a shirt with his name on the back! (ha ha).

I think you have summed-up the position well - although I still couldnt go as far as getting the shirt printed.

At the time MM made his comments - think it was after we took a drubbing at Wolves - we were all hurting - not least those of us who stood there trying to remember why we put ourselves through going to places like that!! MM had a shocker that day. To come out and say that the squad lacked quality - whilst implying that he wasn't part of that 'problem' was ridiculous - and no amount of excusing him for thinking he had the right to say it changes anything IMO.

MM is no better than an average CCC player - and is doing very nicely from it. IMO even if we had got through the play-offs last year, MM would have been found out bigtime at the higher level, and would have exited AG pretty swiftly. MM's ambition is blind ambition IMO.

I hope he leaves.

I think what he said after the Wolves game was right but he shouldn't have said it to the press there and then .

Basso, Elliot, Mcindoe and possibly Fontaine would get into most championship teams. You cant say that about too many others. Players such as Maynard , Carey, Orr and Mcallister wouldn't get into a top six team IMO.

It boils down to Gary Johnson has to do what's best for the club. He has his chairman to answer to and success ultimately brings rewards for all concerned. He has years ahead of him to build and plan for the future, either at this club or another. He's already been with us longer than most players.

Michael McIndoe does what's best for himself. He's ambitious and I admire that but each season ticks off one more season towards the day he can't play anymore. He doesn't seem to have emotional attachment to any team in particular in the way that we have as fans of the club. He uses clubs, and they employ him and reward him handsomely for his services, to achieve his own goals. If his own aims don't look like materialising he will move to a club which he feels can be of use to him. I don't think he is too different from many footballers or other businessmen, it's just he is more obvious with his actions and sometimes words.

I like him as a player and enjoy the interviews he gives. I think he is off now, even if all deals for him fall through he has become unsettled in his head, no matter how professional he is. With it being well known that he has actually talked to another (rival) club the bridges will be hard to build again.

It boils down to Gary Johnson has to do what's best for the club. He has his chairman to answer to and success ultimately brings rewards for all concerned. He has years ahead of him to build and plan for the future, either at this club or another. He's already been with us longer than most players.

Michael McIndoe does what's best for himself. He's ambitious and I admire that but each season ticks off one more season towards the day he can't play anymore. He doesn't seem to have emotional attachment to any team in particular in the way that we have as fans of the club. He uses clubs, and they employ him and reward him handsomely for his services, to achieve his own goals. If his own aims don't look like materialising he will move to a club which he feels can be of use to him. I don't think he is too different from many footballers or other businessmen, it's just he is more obvious with his actions and sometimes words.

I like him as a player and enjoy the interviews he gives. I think he is off now, even if all deals for him fall through he has become unsettled in his head, no matter how professional he is. With it being well known that he has actually talked to another (rival) club the bridges will be hard to build again.

you talk alot of sense there RedM and i look at MM in the same light. don't really hold it against him but i feel he is being a bit shortsighted as if he joined sheff utd and won promotion with them there is a fair chance he would get shoved to the side as they bought a better quality replacement than him to play in the prem.

Also, I believe this is the last year of his contract? If he doesn't leave now chances are he'll go for free next year which is obviously bad news for the club.

This is the key point. If he's stalling on a new deal then he's got to be offloaded - we can't afford to let assets walk out of the club for nothing.

you talk alot of sense there RedM and i look at MM in the same light. don't really hold it against him but i feel he is being a bit shortsighted as if he joined sheff utd and won promotion with them there is a fair chance he would get shoved to the side as they bought a better quality replacement than him to play in the prem.

well said Milo. Mcindoe if he went to Sheffield and they got to the Prem would not be a prem player the season after. He is self, self, self and I have mentioned this on other threads. He has no club loyalty what so ever and will remain a championship player. Something has been up for a while with him and I have tried to point this out and I do believe the turning point was Wolves last season.

Archived