IGNORED

Mcindoe, Going Or Not?

slartibartfast

This is the key point. If he's stalling on a new deal then he's got to be offloaded - we can't afford to let assets walk out of the club for nothing.

Johnson played his jacks on the press conference.

Whatever happens it's going to be a good deal for McIndoe.

Can't you see him sitting there with the aces?

If he leaves it will be a good thing for GJ: s blood pressure ;)

A red top paper states today that the Mcindoe deal has fallen through due to the player not agreeing personnal terms.

Then GJ says on Radio Bristol that Sheff utd are waiting for for players to leave before Mcindoe signs on the dotted line. He hasnt gone to Portugal because he expects to sign for UTD very very soon.

I hate this time of year, papers looking for stories.

I just wish he'd bugger off already!

we can get a half decent price for mcindoe whereas all we would of got for dele was peanuts so it was worth keeping him till the end of the season

Oh, and thats garbage. we rejected a £300k+ bid from forest for dele in january. If you think thats peanuts then you're loony.

I just wish he'd bugger off already!

Oh, and thats garbage. we rejected a £300k+ bid from forest for dele in january. If you think thats peanuts then you're loony.

I know what you are saying, but with hindsight it's an easy decision to make. We had just got Styvar and he needed to settle. Stern John was being, well pretty useless. Trundle was being loaned out and also Akinde. So it was mainly down to Maynard and Adebola. Promotion had just started to look a possibility, however remote. IF Adebola's goals had got us into at least the playoffs they would have been worth more than the money Forest were offering.

I think it was always likely Adebola would be leaving at the end of the season. Right now it seems like we lost out on £300,000 but we could have gained much more. Put it down to experience and move on, it's not much money in the whole scheme of things and I think we were right to keep Dele at the time and let him go when we did.

I know what you are saying, but with hindsight it's an easy decision to make.

I don't think its hindsight. I said at the time, 300k for a 33 year old who has 6 months left on his contract should he accepted.

I was amazed we didnt accept the bid.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not saying that we should have sold dele... I mean i'd have kept him for two more years personally.

but i was just pointing out that we could have got more than peanuts to the poster in question

:)

name me one striker with first team experience of the championship and could have the same impact as dele that we could buy for 300k

name me one striker with first team experience of the championship and could have the same impact as dele that we could buy for 300k

don't forget 300k for 6 Months.

We could get a decent loanee for 6 months

When was the last time we got a decent loanee for 6 months? Particularly a striking one.

Thats irrelevant. We COULD get a decent one, but our current manager trys to avoid loans.

Point is 300k plus wages for dele was a mistake.

Thats irrelevant. We COULD get a decent one, but our current manager trys to avoid loans.

Point is 300k plus wages for dele was a mistake.

You can say that now because we didn't make the playoffs.

At the time we were starting to pick up some points and there was every chance Dele's goals could still have helped us win promotion. Then you're looking at £300k vs £60m and it starts to look a lot less significant.

You can say that now because we didn't make the playoffs.

At the time we were starting to pick up some points and there was every chance Dele's goals could still have helped us win promotion. Then you're looking at £300k vs £60m and it starts to look a lot less significant.

But I said it at the time.

But I said it at the time.

Well you were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Looking back at the points-winning games since January that Dele scored in it's moderately safe to say he earned us 10 points. Take those 10 points away and we finish on 51 points, the same as almost-relegated Plymouth.

For the sake of £300k you'd have pitched us deep into a relegation battle. I don't think that's worth it.

Looking back at the points-winning games since January that Dele scored in it's moderately safe to say he earned us 10 points. Take those 10 points away and we finish on 51 points, the same as almost-relegated Plymouth.

For the sake of £300k you'd have pitched us deep into a relegation battle. I don't think that's worth it.

Would we have played with 10 men or replaced him? possibly with someone better thet scored more goals and got us in the play offs.

I was right then and I am right now! :laugh:

Your logic does not account for the fact that someone would have replaced dele in the side.

I realise dele had a very good 2nd half of the season, but without him I don't think we would have dropped that many more points. We could have also got another player in either on loan or permament. If we got a replacement we would not have to replace them now. if we got a loan player, then we'd have a extra 300k to spend on a replacement now.

It made no business or football sense to reject 300k!

Rubbish, without a target to play long ball crap towards we'd have played better football and got 10 points more than we did...

Can I prove it? No but nor can you, it's very very unlikely that being without Adebola would have cost us points.

We should have taken the offer in January and that isn't hindsight speaking either.

Who would we have signed that was better than Dele?

Name me a player who was available in January for less than £300k who you can guarantee would have scored at least as many as Dele did.

And for every name you come up with bear in mind there's a chance that player might not settle at all. Perhaps Gary thought Styvar would have been a good replacement...

Who would we have signed that was better than Dele?

Name me a player who was available in January for less than £300k who you can guarantee would have scored at least as many as Dele did.

And for every name you come up with bear in mind there's a chance that player might not settle at all. Perhaps Gary thought Styvar would have been a good replacement...

We could have got..... Kuqi on loan? or on a free.

just an example!

Rubbish, without a target to play long ball crap towards we'd have played better football and got 10 points more than we did...

Can I prove it? No but nor can you, it's very very unlikely that being without Adebola would have cost us points.

We should have taken the offer in January and that isn't hindsight speaking either.

Sorry I can't agree with that.

"Long ball crap" as you put it is not a symptom of having a target man. It's a symptom of problems further back. A lack of midfield options and a lack of composure and talent in the defensive players. Having a target man allows at least some goals to be salvaged from the situation.

Without Dele we'd have seen the same number of long balls played but to strikers less able to do anything with them, the ball coming back at the defence more often, more mistakes and more goals conceded. This leads to lower confidence and the problem is compounded.

Unless we'd spent big on a replacement I think we'd have been relegated without Adebola.

Unless we'd spent big on a replacement I think we'd have been relegated without Adebola.

thats just crazy

He was good, but not that good.

so we would have dropped 12 positions without him? are you being serious?

We could have got..... Kuqi on loan? or on a free.

just an example!

So a player only a few months younger than Dele who scored only one more goal but of whom you know little about his character, how he'd settle, how much his wages would be, whether he'd want to play for City, whether he'd get on with the other players.... sounds risky to me.

woah! I don't think you can say that we'd have been relagated... We might have continued to struggle, but i have complete faith in the squad that we're just too good to go down, especially considering the tripe that did get relagated!

Dele was a good good player for us, and we didnt even play to his strengths!

back on topic... MCCINDOE, GONE???? :fingerscrossed:

So a player only a few months younger than Dele who scored only one more goal but of whom you know little about his character, how he'd settle, how much his wages would be, whether he'd want to play for City, whether he'd get on with the other players.... sounds risky to me.

It was an example. There are lots of players out there. Point is we lost 300k, if we sold him, we could have had 300k towards a new signing then or in the summer, instead of nothing towards a new signing.

It would have made NO sense to get rid of him. We are not strapped for cash, we didnt need to sell him, and can you imagine the uproar on here had we failed to reach the playoffs whilst selling our top scorer and only player capable of holding the ball up. We wouldn't have won at Reading without Adebola IMO which is just an example.

Lets put another angle on it . If you were playing well in a golf competition and just before the final round someone offers you double the value of your putter. Do you accept and hope that one you borrow from a shop will work as well or do you turn it down as you want to keep your best club that is working well for you. If you are a serious golfer then 80% imo would not sell and 20% probably would.

I think Gary was right to keep hold of Dele. In football you sometimes lose money and sometimes you make more than you should ( Cotterill ). I think it is called swings and roundabouts.

It would have made NO sense to get rid of him. We are not strapped for cash, we didnt need to sell him, and can you imagine the uproar on here had we failed to reach the playoffs whilst selling our top scorer and only player capable of holding the ball up. We wouldn't have won at Reading without Adebola IMO which is just an example.

Lets put another angle on it . If you were playing well in a golf competition and just before the final round someone offers you double the value of your putter. Do you accept and hope that one you borrow from a shop will work as well or do you turn it down as you want to keep your best club that is working well for you. If you are a serious golfer then 80% imo would not sell and 20% probably would.

I think Gary was right to keep hold of Dele. In football you sometimes lose money and sometimes you make more than you should ( Cotterill ). I think it is called swings and roundabouts.

Thankyou. You've put it better than I managed to.

Archived