IGNORED

Mcindoe, Going Or Not?

slartibartfast

The following suggests he might not:

Bristol City winger Michael McIndoe missed Sheffield United's pre-season trip to Malta after failing to agree terms on his £400,000 transfer. (Daily Star)

i know its only the star but if mcindoe did come back what would be most people's reactions to this

for me i not fussed if he stays he is a good player and it would save spending money on a replacement which could easily be 1m+ instead we can look to strengthen other areas

Taken from article on Sheffield United Official site;

Achilles tendon victim Gary Naysmith is in the party continuing his rehabilitation, along with triallists Glen Little and Julian Gray, along with Academy youngsters Connor Brown and Nathan Foster who get a taste of first-team life.

You would presume that if McIndoe was there then it would be mention-worthy.

If the deal does fall through which, for whatever reason, is looking increasingly likely then I would welcome McIndoe back as long as both he and Johnson agreed to put this episode behind them and move on for the sake of the football club.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say that the above is taken from an article regarding the club's trip to Malta

Taken from article on Sheffield United Official site;

Achilles tendon victim Gary Naysmith is in the party continuing his rehabilitation, along with triallists Glen Little and Julian Gray, along with Academy youngsters Connor Brown and Nathan Foster who get a taste of first-team life.

You would presume that if McIndoe was there then it would be mention-worthy.

If the deal does fall through which, for whatever reason, is looking increasingly likely then I would welcome McIndoe back as long as both he and Johnson agreed to put this episode behind them and move on for the sake of the football club.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say that the above is taken from an article regarding the club's trip to Malta

Maybe the delay is just his way of getting out of flying to either club's pre-season tour?

Maybe the delay is just his way of getting out of flying to either club's pre-season tour?

That's just what I have been wondering. Isn't he our Bergkamp ?

Please note, I'm not making light of his or anyone elses fear and realise how limiting it must be for him.

i know its only the star but if mcindoe did come back what would be most people's reactions to this

for me i not fussed if he stays he is a good player and it would save spending money on a replacement which could easily be 1m+ instead we can look to strengthen other areas

Not just most people's reaction, but specifically GJ's reaction?? In the past he's had some pretty forthright views about players who want to move on....

Not just most people's reaction, but specifically GJ's reaction?? In the past he's had some pretty forthright views about players who want to move on....

Ah good, this thread has returned back to Mcindoe from Adebola.

I would be very chuffed if he stayed...would save an awful lot of effort in findng a left sided midfielder.

He had a mediocre season, but he is a confidence player. If he stays, I have every faith that his enthusiasm and form would return to that of the season before.

Maybe it's all mutual and amicable. If it works out then McIndoe gets a signing on fee and a chance to play for one of the top clubs in the division whilst Johnson gets some cash to spend. If it doesn't work out McIndoe will happily keep giving his all for Bristol City.

Or is that just wishful thinking?

Perhaps Gary's success in getting Hartley, as well as getting a hopefully goal scoring forward, will show MM that we do have ambition and are bringing in quality.

I don't doubt that whatever happens with MM that Gary would have done it anyway, but in MM's mind he will be looking on with interest and thinking Gary has taken his criticisms onboard. I believe after he left Yeovil Gary told him that the grass isn't always greener.

Perhaps Gary's success in getting Hartley, as well as getting a hopefully goal scoring forward, will show MM that we do have ambition and are bringing in quality.

I don't doubt that whatever happens with MM that Gary would have done it anyway, but in MM's mind he will be looking on with interest and thinking Gary has taken his criticisms onboard. I believe after he left Yeovil Gary told him that the grass isn't always greener.

I wondered this myself.

Ah good, this thread has returned back to Mcindoe from Adebola.

I would be very chuffed if he stayed...would save an awful lot of effort in findng a left sided midfielder.

He had a mediocre season, but he is a confidence player. If he stays, I have every faith that his enthusiasm and form would return to that of the season before.

I am in a minority, but I didn't feel he was too bad at all last season. I'd be very happy if he stays, as I don't think he's the sort of player who would deliberately give less than 100%.

I am in a minority, but I didn't feel he was too bad at all last season. I'd be very happy if he stays, as I don't think he's the sort of player who would deliberately give less than 100%.

I must disagree Mcarrogant plays for one person and one person only himself !! I and many others believe that the reds would be a better team with out him. If he is as out spoken as we are led to believe then that is surely a bad thing. GJ's teams are built by him and are one big unit all dancing to the same tune.

Thanks for a great 2007-2008 season Mcindoe ( I used to sing your praises ) but you out grew your boots again and slowly turned a lot of the faithful red army against you.

I hope you go and let the squad building continue. :fingerscrossed:

I must disagree Mcarrogant plays for one person and one person only himself !! I and many others believe that the reds would be a better team with out him. If he is as out spoken as we are led to believe then that is surely a bad thing. GJ's teams are built by him and are one big unit all dancing to the same tune.

Thanks for a great 2007-2008 season Mcindoe ( I used to sing your praises ) but you out grew your boots again and slowly turned a lot of the faithful red army against you.

I hope you go and let the squad building continue. :fingerscrossed:

Agreed :clapping:

Archived