IGNORED

Macca

stroudy

Anyone know the reasons???

It was looking suspicious from the amount of time it was taking. I had a funny feeling it was going to fall through.

Maybe Macca changed his mind now he sees what a strong team we are building for the new season?!?

Anyone know reason why.. did Sheff pull out or did Macca?

Anyhoo, I'll allways be a huge fan of McIndoe after the Carle incident, plus he's ones of the best left wingers in the Championship, lets hope he can get his head down and work hard for the team this season.

That's an unexpected news.. :o

Now the point is: did GJ plan his signings thinking that he coud use the money taken from McIndoe sell or... is it an indipendent evaluation? Because in the first case,it could be a 'bad news...in the second.. very good news :)

That probably means no eremenko as well then :closedeyes:

Who knows..

Too right. Obviously we do not know everything that has gone on, but surley nobody could not support a player who has turned down a "bigger club" to stay at city.

I wouldnt have thought he turned them down . It will be his excessive demands that Sheff Utd turned him away... He wants to go, so obviously his heart is not at BS3 so the sooner he goes the better

GJ claims the club agreed a fee sometime ago, and personal terms were also agreed, but Sheff United needed to raise some funds first to put the deal through.

They wanted more time, we and MM were fed up of waiting.

GJ also claims MM did not instigate the move.

If Sheff are so short of money, it's odd they are bidding for players left right and centre. O'Toole, Smith etc

What people seem to forget is that until McIndoe joined us, we we're crying out for a left winger for years. The last decent one we had was Tinnion, and he wasn't exactly an out-an-out winger.

McIndoe has filled a gap, and has filled it well.

Left wingers aren't exactly easy to come by, and those that are any good at Championship level cost a fortune. I'm more than happy with McIndoe, let's just hope Gary Johnson actually asks him to play on the wing rather than keep drfiting inside.

GJ claims the club agreed a fee sometime ago, and personal terms were also agreed, but Sheff United needed to raise some funds first to put the deal through.

If Sheff as so short of money, its odd they are bidding for players left right and centre. O'Toole, Smith etc

don't know what happened, but GJ insisted the clubs had agreed the fee before macca was given permission to talk to them, and then he made a call saying he didnt want to go there. I'm not too unhappy with this, on his day, Macca is still one of the best left sided players in the championship.

If Sheff as so short of money, its odd they are bidding for players left right and centre. O'Toole, Smith etc

Blackwell said after the playoff final that they would have to sell as their turnover would drop by £10m now. They are on the verge of selling Naughton to either Everton or Spurs it is alleged (said to be £4m). And they haven't actually signed Smith or O'Toole yet have they? So maybe its a question of priorities, especially if Julian Gray signs.

"Macca called me and said 'whatever happens now I don't really want to go there' thats from Johnson on OS.

Also said he is back training and could play some part tomorrow and he will now battle for a place at city. I am pleased. I like MM and i know he is arrogant but you can't have everything.

I wouldnt have thought he turned them down . It will be his excessive demands that Sheff Utd turned him away... He wants to go, so obviously his heart is not at BS3 so the sooner he goes the better

gj says that macca didnt want to go, seems sheffield approached the club and agreed a fee.Macca was sent up north and agreed terms ,but sheff dragged their feet getting the funds together, so mm pulled out. still a city player for now,but it smells a bit, thought sheffield had the tevez money?

gj says that macca didnt want to go, seems sheffield approached the club and agreed a fee.Macca was sent up north and agreed terms ,but sheff dragged their feet getting the funds together, so mm pulled out. still a city player for now,but it smells a bit, thought sheffield had the tevez money?

Only at £2.5m a year not all at once and as I said earlier they are £10m a year down with no parachute payments. So they have to sell to buy.

GJ has said that Sheff Utd had already agreed terms with McIndoe, so it seems they just changed their mind rather than his demands.

So we get to keep a good productive left winger and it sounds like from GJ's point of view he's got no beef with him. I'd guess the signings in the last few weeks will also perk McIndoe up a bit as he is very ambitious. Fine with me.

Glad that McCindoe is staying as long as hes personally happy which sounds the case

However really hope we can still stretch to eremnko aswell as he has no real competition in that sport before, i should imagine Blackman doesnt really fall into that category yet and is more one for the future

Delighted he's staying, he'll mature over the next few months, he will have to to fit into Johnson's plans, his only downfall imo is in his attitude in some situations, I believe the situation is something like Sheffield United offered money for Mcindoe and Johnson thought it was suitable, so he accepted, fair play to Mcindoe for his decision, he knows if he's back at the club he could still make the team ... Johnson's renowned for his "second chances" an hope he can prove himself

I'm delighted with this news. It means we have a left winger again and a bit of balance in the squad.

I do hope, though, that if the Finnish guy turns out to be the real deal Gary and Steve work out some way of bringing him in as well. You can never have too much quality!

Personally I am delighted. He is our best winger by a country mile. Those who say his heart isn't with city, fair point, I see exactly where your coming from.

However from his point of view, surely people can understand Sheff UTD is a slightly more attractive option than Bristol City as they are a bigger club than us.

Presuming he's still here for the start of the season he will get my 100% support the same as anyone who pulls on the red shirt.

Get your head down Macca, and help us to the prem :englandsmile4wf::fingerscrossed:

we should have a better balance in midfield this year so hopefully we see mcindoe more on the wing than in the middle

as i see it though this could go two ways one he gets his head down works hard and proves he still wants to play for us or he mopes around gutted that he didn't get his move and doesn't perform because he doesn't want to be here I'm hoping it's the first one only time will tell

Archived