IGNORED

Macca

stroudy

we should have a better balance in midfield this year so hopefully we see mcindoe more on the wing than in the middle

as i see it though this could go two ways one he gets his head down works hard and proves he still wants to play for us or he mopes around gutted that he didn't get his move and doesn't perform because he doesn't want to be here I'm hoping it's the first one only time will tell

One thing that GJ has always said is that he is ultra professional so I don't think he will create. Hopefully will return to his form of the first 18 months with us!

That probably means no eremenko as well then :closedeyes:
Still think we should sign him if he's any good as last season I felt lacked any real competition and if he does get injured then that's position we are very light on.

So we get to keep a good productive left winger and it sounds like from GJ's point of view he's got no beef with him. I'd guess the signings in the last few weeks will also perk McIndoe up a bit as he is very ambitious. Fine with me.

You never know, it might actually have made him realise the grass isn't always greener.

Could well be the making of him here if he responds in the right way. Bloody elaborate way to get out of taking a flight though.

I just hope he plays against sheffield united now, how up for that game is he going to be. Thats going to be some up yours if he gets last minute winner!!

Cast your mind back to

West Brom 18th September 2007*

Barnsley October 2007

Wolves November 2007

Birmingham September 08 and March 09

Barnsley October 08

Doncaster February 09

I don't like it when Maccer's "up" for a game, he forgets to pass ... a bit of maturity and i'll look forward to the "up yours!"

*edit, he did get cropped early on in that game... Sheffield United might try this approach

One thing that GJ has always said is that he is ultra professional so I don't think he will create. Hopefully will return to his form of the first 18 months with us!

i think it will help that gj and mm go back along time so know each other fairly well i cant see it being a major problem tbh all will be forgotten by the time we play preston

Cast your mind back to

West Brom 18th September 2007*

Barnsley October 2007

Wolves November 2007

Birmingham September 08 and March 09

Barnsley October 08

Doncaster February 09

I don't like it when Maccer's "up" for a game, he forgets to pass ... a bit of maturity and i'll look forward to the "up yours!"

*edit, he did get cropped early on in that game... Sheffield United might try this approach

What a memory that is, are they all the exact dates? Can you also tell me how many passes in each game,and who he passed to as well?

What a memory that is, are they all the exact dates? Can you also tell me how many passes in each game,and who he passed to as well?

I remember them well because I took a brummy mate to most of them, and he just remembers his penalty miss for wolves that virtually won brum promotion the other year so he slates Macca at every opportunity ... He does play alot harder for himself than the club but he really does give alot for whatever shirt he wears

I remember them well because I took a brummy mate to most of them, and he just remembers his penalty miss for wolves that virtually won brum promotion the other year so he slates Macca at every opportunity ... He does play alot harder for himself than the club but he really does give alot for whatever shirt he wears

fair enough, i was very impressed with your knoledge at such short notice. I personally like Macca, he always gives 100% and when we seem to be having a bad spell in a game he seems to always show up above others. He has quality in what i call wing play. Crossing, link up play. Hense why he comes inside to get involved in the game more. I think this seems like another good signing now he's staying put. What a potentially good looking squad BCFC now has. Bring on this season!

What I really don't understand is, people want us to ship out a proven Championship player, who would add plenty to our team....and bring in a Finnish player who, no one had heard of until aboput 3 days ago, and had a decent game against Hereford last night?

The world is going mad!

"Get Chris Taylor" some people say....has anyone ever seen him play??

Mcindoe is a quality player, I would much rather have him in my squad then not. "Big time" or "attitude" problem? I don't think so....Johnson is so anal about getting the "right type of player", he wouldnt have signed him in the first place

I'm glad he is staying,as he is a good championship level player.Otherwise sheffield united wouldnt of wanted him for a start. Ive heard mentioned that he is a big time charlie and that he plays for himself,but my understanding of how he played last season was that he was instructed to tuck in,whch obviously hindered his performances and this is not the actions of a non team player.Ive also heard that he is the ultimate proffesional,who is a fitness fanatic,so we cant grumble there.I do agree that he has got something about him that upsets a few people,but if he wears the red shirt,i hope we give him the support he deserves.

They have Julian Gray on trial he is obvoiusly the cheaper option because theres no fee involved so they will go for him in place of MM..

If Sheff Utd have no money how come they are signing a highly promising player from Tranmere today ? He wont be cheap

http://www.tranmere.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=161473

I just think Blackwell is just on a mission to upset everyones squad. Get the bid accepted and let them hang around for weeks not knowing what there future lies. He seems to be having bids accepted all the time, but none of them are actually moving. Thats one way of upsetting other clubs team spirit

They have Julian Gray on trial he is obvoiusly the cheaper option because theres no fee involved so they will go for him in place of MM..

If Sheff Utd have no money how come they are signing a highly promising player from Tranmere today ? He wont be cheap

http://www.tranmere.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=161473

Thats all United have done, talk, will be interesting to see if they sign off on this one. Maybe they are waiting for the £5m for Naughton.

I know MM comes in for a lot of stick on here but i for one am glad he hasn't gone, yes last season he wasn't brilliant but he put a lot of workrate tracking back, maybe with who we have brought in now he may have a little more freedom to attack and get back to what he is good at.

If we play 4-3-3 like many have sugested

how will mcindoe fit into this

will he be used as the wide left striker which would be the obvious first thought

or would he be used as the left of the 3 central midfielders after he spent so much time tucked in there last season

Will the fact he isnt leaving mean a swing back to 4-4-2?

Will we now try and offload him to someone else even if its for lower fee??

so many questions :laugh:

Mcindoe is probably the most hard working player we have. I think this could be a bit of an orr situation. Looks likely to leave, but then stays and comes back hungrier. I think he will have a great season. :fingerscrossed:

I am not a mcarragont fan (he's not a team player and winds many fans up with his self centred approach on and off the field), and i would be the first to drive him to his next club. But all said if this recent saga inspires him to produce the form he showed when he first arrived then i will happily eat my words.

But i am still wishing that he is gone before 2009/10 K.O. As for some other comments that have been posted about left wingers are hard to find, can i remind them that although he played left midfield last year he was hardly a winger, more often than not he choose to pass back to Macallister rather than attack the opposition. This caused many promising attacks to break down and we lost all penetration.

What every happens i'll cheer anyone who wears the red shirt. So lets see. :fingerscrossed:

"I am not a mcarragont fan (he's not a team player and winds many fans up with his self centred approach on and off the field)"

Yes, this is my problem with him too. But, plenty on here disagree and they're entitled to their view.

"if this recent saga inspires him to produce the form he showed when he first arrived then i will happily eat my words"

So will I.

"more often than not he choose to pass back to Macallister rather than attack the opposition. This caused many promising attacks to break down and we lost all penetration."

Our critics will say that he was under instruction from GJ/KM to cut in, but it didn't half look as if he couldn't get past his man.

"What every happens i'll cheer anyone who wears the red shirt. So lets see."

Agree. No one individual is bigger than the club.

Very pleased that he is staying, at least for now.

I'm a big fan of his and actually quite like the bit of arrogance, or self belief he has. I also thought his comments were right last year, but can see how he shouldn't have said them in the form he did. I admire honesty and courage in people and have spoken out about things in the past when it might have been easier not to rock the boat. I have no regrets though and at least with him you know what you are getting, as does GJ who has signed him twice.

I hope he will have been watching our signings with interest, he can't fail to be impressed with the opportunity to work with Hartley for example. Hopefully he will settle and be focused and being as professional as he is he will want to do all he can with his own personal career in mind.

However, there is a long way until the transfer window slams shut. If he stays until then without further distractions I can only think he will be watching how we do until it opens again in January. Will he move then? Is his contract out next summer, when he then could walk away on a free? Will he be offered an extension, will we have another mid season Orr situation? Plenty of twists to come yet in the world of Michael McIndoe I think.

I have a feeling that this will run and run, like Ivan on redbull, and Macca may well end up elsewhere by the end of August.

I like Macca, like Eric the Great his arrogance is an intrinsic part of his game and demeanour. He is a character and football needs those.

If he stays he will get my full backing, if he goes I'd wish him luck.

"I am not a mcarragont fan (he's not a team player and winds many fans up with his self centred approach on and off the field)"

Yes, this is my problem with him too. But, plenty on here disagree and they're entitled to their view.

"if this recent saga inspires him to produce the form he showed when he first arrived then i will happily eat my words"

So will I.

"more often than not he choose to pass back to Macallister rather than attack the opposition. This caused many promising attacks to break down and we lost all penetration."

Our critics will say that he was under instruction from GJ/KM to cut in, but it didn't half look as if he couldn't get past his man.

"What every happens i'll cheer anyone who wears the red shirt. So lets see."

Agree. No one individual is bigger than the club.

Just out of intrest...If someone like Leyton Orient bought Ronaldo for 80 million, would'nt that technically make him bigger than the club? A silly questioun i know but owell ;)

Archived