IGNORED

Kenny Cooper

Pete1975Legend

That 'you tube' clip gives me great concern...........if he keeps celebrating with the shirt over his head is disciplinary record is going to be shocking and will only play a handful of games............"ah gee's, sorry adjudicator, but I've just slammed home a goal ball....!"

Ive just found this on a random Swedish site - they seem to know something about it...... can anyone translate?!?!

http://www.svenskafans.com/england/artikel.asp?id=305301

The article doesn't say much. It's just a list of who's in and out. And a list of possible ins and outs. Including Da Silva, Hesselink, Taylor, Cooper...

Didn't know there Swedes were so interested in us!

Interesting, for a big lump hes much more of the modern type, i.e he can control and kick a football as well as just head it and hold it up as opposed to the old fashioned sort like Adebola.

Would be the final club in the bag...now lets tee off!

The article doesn't say much. It's just a list of who's in and out. And a list of possible ins and outs. Including Da Silva, Hesselink, Taylor, Cooper...

Didn't know there Swedes were so interested in us!

Isn't that site run by bristolcitysweden who posts on here?

In regards to the fee with £2M (and probably with a lot of fees we've paid this summer)

I doubt this will be a £2M up front deal, will probably be in installments and with bonuses etc.

Newspapers seem to only quote the amount + the bells and whistles (like the £70M headlines for Adebayor)

As for Cooper, he looks like he could be the icing on whats turning out to be an incredibly promising victoria sponge cake.

In the Daily Mail this morning says we have signed this striker from FC Dallas, it is on one of the football coloumns at the bottom of the page, tried to find it on their website without success sorry.

If someone can confirm this to be true by picking up your Mail today!!!!!

If it is, here is some information on him: Kenny Cooper

Looks like a decent signing if true!!!! :fingerscrossed:

I hope he's as hot as Boom Boom MCcombe.

well he scores all sorts of goals looking at this

:tumbleweed:

He certainly does, and a big strong lad too. I hope there is more to this than rumour. It would be nice to see a Cooper don a City shirt again too.

If he wants the 33 shirt though we'd better order a few larger ones than usual!

Looks a great player with time on the ball, but will he get that in the championship?

That's if these rumours are true

He seems capable in the air but doesn't appear to be competing in the air alot of the time

"jeez look at that guy fly woooaah"

I don't think the MLS links into the English leagues well most of the time, it's a slower game generally and a different type of fitness is needed however thinking fast is a key part of the game.

Having said that, i'd be pleased to see him join and give the league a real go, i wouldn't expect vast amounts of goals but certainly a player with talent.

is this not just like the Venegoor of Hesselink rumour, that was made up by a newspaper and had no truth in it what so ever?

It does seem like that doesnt it!

But lets be honest - this one seems more realistic. Id love to know where the Daily Mail got this from because its come completely out of the blue

City Targetting MLS player

City targetting MLS player Kenny Cooper?

By Michael Morris

Saturday, 26th July 2008

News has emerged from America overnight that City are "agressively" chasing FC Dallas striker Kenny Cooper.

A news round up from MLS.net claims that City and Rosenborg of Norway are looking to attract the 23 year old to Europe.

Cooper was born in Baltimore to an English father. He has had a trial period at Man Utd before moving back to the USA in 2006.

Cooper has represented and scored for the USA.

More if it becomes available.

Googled Bristol City Cooper USA

*edit

Sorry, that is clarifying Cardiff's moves last year!

Info from Man Utd deal

Manchester United are believed to be close to completing the signing of American youngster Kenny Cooper.

The 18-year-old has spent the last couple of months on loan at Old Trafford from American outfit Dallas Mustangs, and Sir Alex Ferguson and the rest of the Red Devils coaching staff have been very pleased with his progress since arriving in Manchester.

Cooper has scored a number of goals for the United reserve team since his arrival, and his efforts during training sessions have also impressed. Ferguson is believed to be lining up a bid which could rise to £1million depending on his success at the Theatre of Dreams for the striker.

Cooper comes highly recommended by United's US international Tim Howard, who described him as a player with fantastic potential. The Yank has proved what a superb player he could be with a string of excellent reserve displays, including a brace against Newcastle United in a 4-0 victory.

Fergie's no mug when it comes to buying youngsters with "potential"

• Admin

Can't personally see this happening but if it is on the cards then I'd suspect the club would like to impress him by showing him the City vs Ajax match tonight.

With that in mind, if there's anyone in the Williams stand tonight who fancies printing off his picture from the net so they can identify him in the directors' box & take a photo to prove his presence on here after will immediately be granted hero status on here ;)

Okay, has anyone been to the doctor's surgery and had to read today's Daily Mail because the alternative was a three year old copy of an Autoexpress?

Anyone?

Just checked a copy in my work reception. A great in-depth article, which I shall repeat verbatim:

"Bristol City have spent £2m on FC Dallas striker Kenny Cooper"

Just checked a copy in my work reception. A great in-depth article, which I shall repeat verbatim:

"Bristol City have spent £2m on FC Dallas striker Kenny Cooper"

The bit that interests me is that it says "have spent" - that to me says that someone there is in the know and has the balls to put that in. Normally the papers say "on the verge of signing" or "in talks with..." but to actually say we have done the deal is a pretty bold statement.

The bit that interests me is that it says "have spent" - that to me says that someone there is in the know and has the balls to put that in. Normally the papers say "on the verge of signing" or "in talks with..." but to actually say we have done the deal is a pretty bold statement.

Well, there's no mention in his wikipedia entry yet, so it can't be true! :disapointed2se:

By the way, has anyone seen that his current club play at Pizza Hut Park...?

Only in America.

Miss Millie's Meadow for Ashton Vale, anyone?!

Archived