IGNORED

Evander Sno

ashbrisc11

The article below is an insight into his career thus far (apologies if already posted), he seems to have struggled to settle anywhere having played for Feyenord, NAC Breda, Celtic and Ajax whilst still only 21.

Being so versatile he's been played as a central defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and even a target man under Van Basten at Ajax and that cannot have helped him at all.

It seems like he needs a bit of stability and support in order to get the best out of him, and what the hell has his agent been doing ?

I know that GJ and Millen will give him that, and I hope the crowd are patient with him - he obviously has the talent with 15 Holland U-21 caps and playing for the Holland olympic team, and clubs like Celtic, Feyenord and Ajax know a top quality player when they see one.

But I don't think we can expect world class performances from him in the Championship from day one - not until he's settled in anyway.

http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Sno,+Evander

Completely agree cynic.

Reading that Celtic blog it is very clear that Sno found it impossible to get the Celtic fans back on his side once they started getting on his back and things went from bad to worse for him there. Sounds like he lost confidence completely.

Further evidence that the City fans' reception to Sno's substitution in the friendly genuinely greatly influenced his decision to sign for us. I don't think he, or GJ, are saying that for effect, it really did leave a favourable impression on him that Ashton Gate, with us City fans, was a place where he could thrive. He evidently thinks of us as generous spirited fans by nature and, not to put too fine a point on it, that we appreciated and LIKED him.

Let us not forget that we appear to have a very talented footballer but ultimately, it seems, a frail individual at AG in Evander Sno and a bit of patience shown by the fans if he doesn't hit top form straight away is vital, no doubt we will reap the rewards later if we can encourage him from day 1 ( no doubt about that!) and stay on his side whatever the first few games may bring.

It's a new start for him and a fantastic opportunity for us to get a very talented player's career back on track to huge mutual benefit which could have a very happy ending for both parties.

From his career record it appears he has never really settled anywhere and is looking at AG as a place to stabilise his career at a supportive club, play a full season and start to realise his undoutedly huge potential.

It's up to GJ, and Sno's City team mates of course, but I just wouldn't underestimate just how big a role us City fans have to play to ensure the "dream signing" of Evander Sno materialises into a memorable and successful stay at Ashton Gate.

From all I've heard and read about him, we may well be the single biggest influence on his success at AG, or otherwise.

The article below is an insight into his career thus far (apologies if already posted), he seems to have struggled to settle anywhere having played for Feyenord, NAC Breda, Celtic and Ajax whilst still only 21.

Being so versatile he's been played as a central defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and even a target man under Van Basten at Ajax and that cannot have helped him at all.

It seems like he needs a bit of stability and support in order to get the best out of him, and what the hell has his agent been doing ?

I know that GJ and Millen will give him that, and I hope the crowd are patient with him - he obviously has the talent with 15 Holland U-21 caps and playing for the Holland olympic team, and clubs like Celtic, Feyenord and Ajax know a top quality player when they see one.

But I don't think we can expect world class performances from him in the Championship from day one - not until he's settled in anyway.

http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Sno,+Evander

wow thats a very interesting article in which seems to portray he has so much potential but a mix of not being able to settle down and having his position moved around a lot not helping his progress. I find the most interesting point that Hamburg took him on trial yet didn't take him on. Which I think brings this signing to reality that this could be a risky loan.though having said that with GJ and Millen and the city guys and us the fans can make him feel welcome and relaxed to enjoy his footy and do well for us.

• Admin
wow thats a very interesting article in which seems to portray he has so much potential but a mix of not being able to settle down and having his position moved around a lot not helping his progress. I find the most interesting point that Hamburg took him on trial yet didn't take him on. Which I think brings this signing to reality that this could be a risky loan.though having said that with GJ and Millen and the city guys and us the fans can make him feel welcome and relaxed to enjoy his footy and do well for us.

There's no shame in signing a player who didn't get taken on by the club that currently tops the Bundesliga.

HSV are on the verge of Champions League so I woulden't read to much in to that.

I think that will be very important for this lad, he's been mucked about and passed from pillar to post.

If he starts here like he did for Ajax a few weeks ago, I'd be delighted - but I doubt it given his recent history.

But we could have a real gem on our hands if he's properly managed and fully supported.

I think he had other options than us with Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga and another Dutch Eridivisie club interested in a loan, but he wanted to come here and mentioned the standing ovation he got from us and that tells a story.

I'm sure you're right as it says in the Dutch version of a newspaper.

sorry I'm sure few years ago they weren't as big apologies for my lack of the german leagues

No need to apology, not my cup of tea either. My grandpa was a HSV fan so I kind of follow their results from distance.

Deserted from the German army in Estonia at U21-level only to end up in Sibiria for many years.

Life is strange.

Cheers

Tommy

Archived