IGNORED

The Official Keep Basso Away From His Agent Thread

Pete1975Legend

greedy s0d can go for all I care. I thought Henderson looked all the better last season when he played. Basso's pretend injuries and now he's moaning about money. Needs to wake up. Well done GJ for expressing his disapointment in him.

I am very dissapointed in Adriano, my grandson thoght he was the greatest and now he is very upset, but you are right if he doesn't want to play for the team that gave him his chance in the big time and made him what he is then let him go.

I think he should have another word with God as he is a BCFC Supporter. :innocent06:

The boy's got delusions of grandeur. There's nowt like a bit of greed to turn the fans against a player, especially in these difficult times, short career or not.

Sorry Mr Basso, but if you want to listen to your agent then you deserve each other and the stick that comes your way.

• Admin
Wouldn't want any player who doesn't want to play for Bristol City to be anywhere near the squad.

Basso is a 34 year old man, this is not purely down to his agent, close the door on your way out.

Who has only been earning decent money for the last 3½ years, who can honestly blame him for trying to get a big pay day. Has he any other skills or qualifications? In the current worldwide economic climate, he may struggle to get a job when he finishes playing.

I'm really sick of this revisionist bullshit pouring out of the board right now. We've pretty much deified the bloke since he's been here and for good reason- he's carried us through the worst games and the best alike, he's turned what could've been defeats into draws and draws into wins and aside his weaknesses he's been there through thick and rarely been injured. Cripes, I can remember the game he broke his finger and bickered relentlessly against both the refs *and* GJ demanding to carry on. In League One. Against Yeovil (I believe).

I echo that it's disappointing Bass feels the way he does (especially if he's not doing this on his own initiative, as I suspect) but I'm not going to be a spoiled brat like a good portion of the forum and 180 my opinion on him. He's done damn well and I wish him luck either way.

I'm really sick of this revisionist bullshit pouring out of the board right now. We've pretty much deified the bloke since he's been here and for good reason- he's carried us through the worst games and the best alike, he's turned what could've been defeats into draws and draws into wins and aside his weaknesses he's been there through thick and rarely been injured. Cripes, I can remember the game he broke his finger and bickered relentlessly against both the refs *and* GJ demanding to carry on. In League One.

I echo that it's disappointing Bass feels the way he does (especially if he's not doing this on his own initiative, as I suspect) but I'm not going to be a spoiled brat like a good portion of the forum and 180 my opinion on him. He's done damn well and I wish him luck either way.

Here here great post

Johnson said yesterday its about money, so let him go.

Johnson may well have said it is to do with money, but until we hear from Basso himself we'll never know for sure.

I for one will miss him IF he goes, but he's always said it's his dream to play in the Premier League and who are we to stand in his way. I personally don't think this is to do with money - if he get's a move to a PL club then of course he'll get a bigger wage, but I think his motivation is the higher standard of football than it is anything else.

I'm really sick of this revisionist bullshit pouring out of the board right now. We've pretty much deified the bloke since he's been here and for good reason- he's carried us through the worst games and the best alike, he's turned what could've been defeats into draws and draws into wins and aside his weaknesses he's been there through thick and rarely been injured. Cripes, I can remember the game he broke his finger and bickered relentlessly against both the refs *and* GJ demanding to carry on. In League One. Against Yeovil (I believe).

He has also turned wins into draws etc....personally im not doing a 180. He made some great saves but I dont believe he is as good as some people think. All about personal opinions of course and personally im not even the slightest bit dissapointed he is going.

Basso must have known his intention to leave at the end of last season so why not tell us then... Why ? because he knew that once Chris Weale had left he would be in a stronger position to haggle for the extra money he was after.

Well that backfired and he should be ashamed of himself, it was disgraceful and he's really let the club down with only two weeks to go before the new season starts, i bet Chris Weale is peed off as well as he never wanted to go in the first place

It wasn't that long ago he was plucked from Woking as an unheard of average keeper, its BCFC and GJ who has made him what he is today and he's shafted us all by sticking up two fingers and asking to leave for the promised land.

so let him go and 'Good Luck My Arse'

Archived