IGNORED

Gary To Go To War With Scottish Fa? (merged Topics)

eric04

what has that got to do with the price of fish????????

Whats the price of fish got to do with this topic?

I think GJ is being a silly ass about this - and inconsistent.

He was happy to lobby the cause of McAllister and Johnson junior last year, but now we have a bit more quality in the squad its wrong all of a sudden.

He was happy to lobby the cause of McAllister and Johnson junior last year, but now we have a bit more quality in the squad its wrong all of a sudden.

so why bring up lj let me guess it's his fault it's rainning

Radio Bristol had GJ on this morning about the Scotland squad named today. Hartley, Clarkson and McAllister could be in it and called away for a world cup qualifier in Norway next week.

Talk about bad scheduling or what?!!!!!

GJ says we could refuse to let them go. Are we allowed to do that for a world cup qualifier?

No, he won't and no, we can't.

Rightly, GJ is speaking his mind.

If 3 players get called up, aren't our games rescheduled?

City have managed in the past; In March 1998 quite a few City players received international recognition: Greg Goodridge and Shaun Goater played for Barbados, Tommy Doherty was selected for the England under 18 squad and Louis Carey went into the Scottish under 21 team.

On the other hand, a few months later in Summer 1998; Danish International Soren Anderson was secured for £700,000. Other International players to arrive were midfielders Moldavian Ivan Tistimetanu and Hungarian Vilmos Sebok. This proved to be a dubious advantage later in the season. One night as defender Brennan played for Canada and Sebok scored a hat trick for his country, City were losing a vital game against fellow strugglers.

No, Gj isn't being iconsistent on this subject. I should imagine he's delighted that these players have been called up, however his displeasure is with the SCHEDULING of the game not the fact they've been called up. Two different things.

so why bring up lj let me guess it's his fault it's rainning

Another ******* zealot ! - i'll explain again .LJ is brought up because GJ was lobbying for his inclusion into one of the national squads last term and I cannot believe for one second that he (or any father) would deny their son a chance of international honours if he'd been called up this time and I wouldn't blame him for it.

Therefore bleating about players being called up is inconsistent .

No, Gj isn't being iconsistent on this subject. I should imagine he's delighted that these players have been called up, however his displeasure is with the SCHEDULING of the game not the fact they've been called up. Two different things.

He didn't sound too delighted on the clubs website.

The scheduling that clearly causes most displeasure is the world cup qualifier FFS - very important to Scottish players and not arranged on the back of a fag packet, so anyone earning their corn as a manager with international players should be aware of the schedule.

Would any of the Scots have been involved against Brentford? - we have cover in all positions surely.

He didn't sound too delighted on the clubs website.

The scheduling that clearly causes most displeasure is the world cup qualifier FFS - very important to Scottish players and not arranged on the back of a fag packet, so anyone earning their corn as a manager with international players should be aware of the schedule.

Would any of the Scots have been involved against Brentford? - we have cover in all positions surely.

It seems to me that his beef is with scheduling a game a week after the season starts and why it wasn't arranged around the time of the International break in a months time. I can't see him worrying too much about the Brentford game, albeit another competitive game for the new players will help them gel further, more so the Palace game and the players (well Hartley and Clarkson anyway) having played an International game before an important League game.

I might be in the minority here, but i think he's entitled to have a bit of a moan.

I must admit I like seeing that. 3 City players in a full International squad.

Agreed, it's excellent and shows that a third party, in this case the Scottish selectors, realize that there's quality at Ashton Gate.

My only regret is that there's no current Australian international in the squad- pity about Rob Stambolziev.

I notice that Owen Coyle is going to refuse release of his Scottish players - because they have a friendly!!

Burnley manager Owen Coyle will not release his three Scotland internationals from their pre-season fixture against St Johnstone ahead of the international side's World Cup qualifier against Norway. (Daily Record)

Archived