IGNORED

What Is Wrong With The Minority?

numbeast

You only need look to see the same users cropping up with digs at GJ, some more subtle than others. They range from the jelous to petty, bright to thick yet in reality are a tiny number.

Like his son, I'd be amazed if Johnson senior is that bothered - he's proven himself in football and gets paid serious money.

Very true. I won't reveal my source but apparently the printer in SL's ran out of paper this morning and there wasn't any more to replace it. Another clear example of how the club is falling to pieces in front of our very eyes.

Fred, this is the probem you get when posters start to speculate about problems at the club, looking fro problems so the story gets twisted - you need to check the facts with your source.

SL did have a problem with his printer and thought it had run out of paper. When his secretary checked, she realised it was the toner cartridge that had run out. He sent her to PC world, but they didn't have any in stock, so she had to shake the old cartridge to get it to work again. My brother in law's, next door neighbour's window cleaner's best friend's wife is the hairdresser for a lady who's son works at PC world - that's how I know.

P.S. The reason it had run out of toner was the letter Steve sent to Palace about the £250,000 they owe - he typed it in bold and 36 font size and block caps - half a cartridge used in one letter!

P.P.S. A couple of weeks back, I did hear that the club ran out of toilet paper. Rumoured that they had to take paper out of SL's printer as emergency solution, so that might be the story you are getting mixed up over.

P.P.P.S. To cover this up GJ put the paper he'd used back in Sl's office so he might not notice. SL commented that that's the last time he's prepared to take cr4p from the manager in his office!!!

Coats on and Im leaving now.

You only need look to see the same users cropping up with digs at GJ, some more subtle than others. They range from the jelous to petty, bright to thick yet in reality are a tiny number.

Like his son, I'd be amazed if Johnson senior is that bothered - he's proven himself in football and gets paid serious money.

I've mentioned this previously, but having spoken to GJ last season at some 'do' he did actually say to me that both he and LJ were 'disappointed' with the level of stick that they both got, and to a large degree could really understand it, which I thought was fair enough. Whether they get this view from the forum or just on matchdays who knows.

All in all, I think this forum is excellent, gives us all the chance to discuss our own opinions about BCFC which is great, because lets be honest, when we all get home feeling cheated by the ref etc etc, the last thing you want to hear when you walk through the door is for your missus/cat/dog to utter those words......"oh well, its only a game....." :bruce_h4h:

Gary Johnson is the best manager to join this club since Alan Dicks.

Steve Landsdowne is the best thing that's happend to this club since Harry Dolman.

We/I have waited for something like this for thirty years...A club thats doing well thats attracting good players such as Hartley and Clarkson and has a decent shout at making another run for promotion.

Alan Dicks built the side over an extended period and the team often struggled at first, for many years we ended the season in the bottom half of the division. Eventually the likes of Ritchie, Gow, Merrick, Whitehead, Sweeney came together as a team and with the addition of the mighty Paul Cheesley we were at last up there challenging and the rest as they say is.....

The point is this guy had us challenging in a strong league immediately and has added some good players. With a bit more luck and concentration we would have won on Saturday and had a great start, NOT JUST A GOOD ONE.

So just get behind the team the manager and the Chairman, because they are the best we are ever gonna get and I know that there is no one who posts on this board who could have achieved more and very few good managers who would bother to come here to be abused for doing well

Let GJ do his job for christ-sake !

Gary's critics should create their own forum and they can all chat together in harmony...

He is a good manager which has been proven to date, as I said just let the man do his job.

We are 1 game in and already we have criticism - its simply pathetic.

Tomo

Fred, this is the probem you get when posters start to speculate about problems at the club, looking fro problems so the story gets twisted - you need to check the facts with your source.

SL did have a problem with his printer and thought it had run out of paper. When his secretary checked, she realised it was the toner cartridge that had run out. He sent her to PC world, but they didn't have any in stock, so she had to shake the old cartridge to get it to work again. My brother in law's, next door neighbour's window cleaner's best friend's wife is the hairdresser for a lady who's son works at PC world - that's how I know.

P.S. The reason it had run out of toner was the letter Steve sent to Palace about the £250,000 they owe - he typed it in bold and 36 font size and block caps - half a cartridge used in one letter!

P.P.S. A couple of weeks back, I did hear that the club ran out of toilet paper. Rumoured that they had to take paper out of SL's printer as emergency solution, so that might be the story you are getting mixed up over.

P.P.P.S. To cover this up GJ put the paper he'd used back in Sl's office so he might not notice. SL commented that that's the last time he's prepared to take cr4p from the manager in his office!!!

Coats on and Im leaving now.

It would appear that i've been tucked up by a classic case of Chinese whispers.

Because the amount of criticism, you'd think we had bryan gunn in charge!

Perhaps it's because we haven't won on the road in our last 7 Championship matches?

Or maybe it's because Johnson displayed a mental fragility when City were in control of Saturday's match with 15 minutes to go and felt the need to substitute the excellent Hartley and Clarkson?

Perhaps it's because we haven't won on the road in our last 7 Championship matches?

Or maybe it's because Johnson displayed a mental fragility when City were in control of Saturday's match with 15 minutes to go and felt the need to substitute the excellent Hartley and Clarkson?

Nobody complained at the time. Not that I heard anyway.

I wondered whether Hartley might have been blowing just a bit. The Clarkson and Haynes substitiutions I wouldn't consider a problem for a minute - very sensible.

Nobody complained at the time. Not that I heard anyway.

I wondered whether Hartley might have been blowing just a bit. The Clarkson and Haynes substitiutions I wouldn't consider a problem for a minute - very sensible.

Well, the substitutions bemused a number of City attendees who called Radio Bristol and anyhow, we still squandered a 2 goal lead with 8 minutes to go plus injury (yawn) time.

That makes City's abridged record just one win in their last 13 Championship matches and the manager has to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Well, the substitutions bemused a number of City attendees who called Radio Bristol and anyhow, we still squandered a 2 goal lead with 8 minutes to go plus injury (yawn) time.

That makes City's abridged record just one win in their last 13 Championship matches and the manager has to shoulder a lot of the blame.

As many people have said, hindsight's a lovely thing. There was no criticism of the subs at the time from where I was.

The season is 38 League games long. At some point all of us with have something to comment on that could be percieved as negative.

Can tell your a armchair supporter, watching all that prem football - its 46 games ;)

Nothing wrong with criticism, but some posters, not including yourself, are nearly always negative.... and that gives the impression that they are not behind the manager. That is what I object to.

I read posts that slate GJ for us losing a 2 nil lead - fair enough, but he should also be praised for us being 2 nil up, with some fantastic signings over the summer - suddenly we are a team that has alot of pace....

Ok, but 6 of the last 7 away games were from last season, which don't actually count for a lot now, do they?

How do you know Hartley didn't get a knock, or a slight twinge? You are seriously picking at straws there just to have a pop. Have you got nothing better in life to worry about? Does waiting for GJ to **** up (in your eyes) consume your life?

I'm more than happy to criticise when needed, I pay my money like everyone, and it's our right. But after one game, a draw at a club that were in the play offs last season, this just strikes me as being well over the top.

Can tell your a armchair supporter, watching all that prem football - its 46 games ;)

Nothing wrong with criticism, but some posters, not including yourself, are nearly always negative.... and that gives the impression that they are not behind the manager. That is what I object to.

I read posts that slate GJ for us losing a 2 nil lead - fair enough, but he should also be praised for us being 2 nil up, with some fantastic signings over the summer - suddenly we are a team that has alot of pace....

Haha, I almost put 36. I dont think Im awake yet.

My biggest objection is that its a forum to voice opinion, we all know this, but year after year people moan about moaning, and then moan themselves later down the line when their opinion justifies it.

As many people have said, hindsight's a lovely thing. There was no criticism of the subs at the time from where I was.

I don't understand that saying at all.

All it seems to do is provide the 'wise after the event' types with amunition. Hindsight really would be wonderful if it would reveal itself when needed ie. at the time.

The problem is football fans in general over react. whether it be about something good or bad. If gary johnson does something good, some people on this forum say he is amazing, the best in the world. but when he does something wrong hes the worst manager ever. weve played 1 game this season and didnt lose. yeah we let a 2 goal lead slip, it happens. if we were 2-0 down and he made the same subs but we ended up drawing he would be a tactical genius

The problem is football fans in general over react. whether it be about something good or bad. If gary johnson does something good, some people on this forum say he is amazing, the best in the world. but when he does something wrong hes the worst manager ever. weve played 1 game this season and didnt lose. yeah we let a 2 goal lead slip, it happens. if we were 2-0 down and he made the same subs but we ended up drawing he would be a tactical genius

I think you demonstrate your opening line perfectly.

Criticised he has been, but I dont think anyone has said he's the worst manager ever.

I read this forum daily and I am astounded by the amount of negativity directed at Gary Johnson. If he is not being lambasted for playing his son (who I believe is a decent player) he is berated for this tactic or substitutions. If he attends a press conferance and says something wrong out of passion he is intolerable, if he doesn't attend to avoid this it's reflecting bad on him and the club. Topics like "same old, same old" and " Sometimes Gj Does Spout Some Garbage " along with "Johnson Has To Grow Up... " make me wonder why the hell he stays at a club like ours.

The common consensus is the he has achieved more in his time here than any manager since Alan Dicks, but still he is in the wrong in the minds of some. Don't get me wrong GJ is not God nor is he Alex Ferguson or Arsen Wenger but he is a good manager for us. He does make mistakes but who doesn't and he is not above critisism, but the amount of rubbish spouted on here by a small but vocal minority is amazing. If this band of keyboard warriors put as much energy into cheering the team as they do trying to cruxify the manager we wouldn't need the East End open because they would drown out everyone else.

Let's get behind the manager and the team and yes when there is a cock up have a good moan but not just for the sake of undermining Gary Johnson for some petty reasons. Rant over!

:city::city::city::city::city:

Well said. You've got it spot on....trouble is, too many fans play Championship Manager and think they know it all. All manager's make mistakes, but GJ has proved over a number of years he makes far fewer than most. That is why he has never been out of work and why he waould walk into a good job tomorrow if he left the Gate. Please don't drive him out with negative drivel.

Guest ashtonyate

I hope members don't think this forum represents a over all view of what fans think about Johnson because there were a lot of fed up supporter at the gate last season.

The football was poor and predictable they were fed up with Stern John amazed with us buying Styvars so don't think Johnson is the end and be all in everybody's eyes.

This is our third year since promotion and fans want to see better football and performances after all it is an entertainment and a costly one at that.

I think the reason Johnson took so much after the match on Saturday was it was the same last season trying to hang on and conceding in the last few minutes.

Guest ashtonyate

I hope members don't think this forum represents a over all view of what fans think about Johnson because there were a lot of fed up supporter at the gate last season.

The football was poor and predictable they were fed up with Stern John amazed with us buying Styvars so don't think Johnson is the end and be all in everybody's eyes.

This is our third year since promotion and fans want to see better football and performances after all it is an entertainment and a costly one at that.

I think the reason Johnson took so much after the match on Saturday was it was the same last season trying to hang on and conceding in the last few minutes.

Anyone who was fed up is a complete arsehole. One season with poor football and a average team - how do they cope??

Guest ashtonyate
Anyone who was fed up is a complete arsehole. One season with poor football and a average team - how do they cope??

OK we got a load of them down there then

A team past it's sell-by date and Johnson appears to have recruited well during the Summer.

However, at this point in time we don't appear to have learned our lesson regarding the reason behind last season's nosedive in form.

Namely, succumbing to late goals when in front and dropping valuable points.

If you don't like it, tough, because those are the plain facts.

Some people get so sensitive about constructive criticism that they create a them and us scenario every time they're faced with a perceived 'negative'.

Very childish.

A team past it's sell-by date and Johnson appears to have recruited well during the Summer.

However, at this point in time we don't appear to have learned our lesson regarding the reason behind last season's nosedive in form.

Some people get so sensitive about constructive criticism that they create a them and us scenario every time they're faced with a perceived 'negative'.

Very childish.

How do you figure that out? cos a ref was determined to even things up?!

OK we got a load of them down there then

Well yes we have to be blunt. We have an awful lot of fans who know absolutely sod all about football that like to just pick and moan. I have no beef with criticism of Gj or any other player, but it has to be reasoned to be of any value what-so-ever. Some of the tripe spouted by people just to have a pop at GJ or many of the players is astounding, not because of the amount of it, but the fact that it is often un-reasoned bollocks.

What exactly is wrong with sitting back and defending a lead exactly ? It wasn't a precarious lead we were completely dominating at that point and Preston were getting tired and desperate, Johnson put on the players to take full advantage of this, Sproule is lightning quick, Skuse is deceptively fast and williams is hardly a lummox either, Hartley was begining to tire Sproule is quicker than Haynes and Williams is very good in the hole and can use the other players pace as effectively as anyone. Johnson put on 3 players that should have been able to put the game to bed. Skuse gets all around the pitch and offered much needed ariel ability to combat the 2-4-4 which Preston were employing, he's also probably the best midfielder we have at defending, so that makes perfect sense to me, Sproule has the pace to exploit their formation on the break as shown when he broke away but somehow fount their defenders legs when it was far easier to get the ball to Williams.

Johnson didn't do anything wrong with his subs, when 2-0 up against a team at a similar level (both sides should be around the top 6 come May) it's perfectly acceptable to sit back and try to catch them on the break all teams do it, (were we playing Weymouth then i'd be more concerned) but against teams of similar ability 99% of managers will have their teams sit back and attack on the break, Johnson brought on the players to do that, but as it happens it didn't pay off, it happens to all sides. We rode our luck for the first 82 mins, we could easily have conceded more, but then we could and should have scored more as well.

With Hindsight maybe Johnson wouldn't have changed things, but the game was all but won at 2-0 and even with the two goals we conceded we should have scored at least 1/2 more.

It happens in football all the time, Wolves who were by far and away the best team in this league last season let a 2-0 lead slip away at Ashton Gate, it's not the end of the world, and the subs should have worked, but such is life at times they didn't. We conceded 1 goal that was just a good goal and there wasn't much we could have done about it, and then the ref misses a small (but crucial) push on Elliot and the penalty is given away.

Yes we should have won the game but we didn't draw it because Johnson got his subs wrong, we drew because the players that on paper were perfectly suited to the job that was needed at the time just didn't have the desired impact, Skuse did well and Williams was ok, but Sproule duffed up one critical pass and we drew the game.

It's no single persons fault, It's not all johnsons fault because the subs didn't work, it's not all Sproules fault that he cocked up, it's not all Maynards fault that he missed some good chances.

If there were no positives to take from this game then i'd be there asking questions, but we played well or a good portion of the game, we made more than enough chances to tuck the game away (something that by and large we were not doing last season) just a loss of concentration in the last couple of minutes, we had plenty of opportunities to clear the ball before the ref got in the way and then after that we had opportunities to clear before we gave away the corner that cost us.

There are plenty of positives to take from that game, taking a point off a team that should be there or there abouts at the end of the season is just one of many, and from what i can see the positives far outweigh the few negatives there were.

Well yes we have to be blunt. We have an awful lot of fans who know absolutely sod all about football that like to just pick and moan. I have no beef with criticism of Gj or any other player, but it has to be reasoned to be of any value what-so-ever. Some of the tripe spouted by people just to have a pop at GJ or many of the players is astounding, not because of the amount of it, but the fact that it is often un-reasoned bollocks.

Exactly right. Nobody is denying people the right to criticise GJ, indeed the idea of a forum is for people to express their opinion. He isn't perfect, far from it in fact. I'm sure almost everyone on here has criticised him for something over the last few years, I know I have, but there are some people who will always find some angle to criticise every decision he makes, often for trivial reasons.

My own view is that there are certain people on this forum who took an instant dislike to GJ when he was appointed for whatever reason, and purely as an act of stubbornness will overblow any shortcomings or mistakes that he makes, despite everything he's acheived since.

How do you figure that out? cos a ref was determined to even things up?!

No, because of the reasons directly beneath the sentence which you bolded.

By the way Riaz, and this is just a subjective comment. But are you a Johnson apologist?

There appear to be hundreds of Johnson apologists on this forum. Those that believe just one win in 13 is progress.

By the way, that was a joke. Because it would make my mindset the same as yours and the 'others'. If you don't agree with Gary's decisions, you don't like him. So you hate him. And you hate City.

You know what they say about paranoia? What was that you just called me?!!!

Very childish.

Absolutely bang on.

Apparently constructive criticism or any kind of criticism is a crime these days, you are no longer allowed to have an opinion because you are percieved as negative.

Please refrain from having an opinion next time, and always write Always believe on the end of your posts so that people can't tell that you have a mind of your own.

I read this forum daily and I am astounded by the amount of negativity directed at Gary Johnson. If he is not being lambasted for playing his son (who I believe is a decent player) he is berated for this tactic or substitutions. If he attends a press conferance and says something wrong out of passion he is intolerable, if he doesn't attend to avoid this it's reflecting bad on him and the club. Topics like "same old, same old" and " Sometimes Gj Does Spout Some Garbage " along with "Johnson Has To Grow Up... " make me wonder why the hell he stays at a club like ours.

The common consensus is the he has achieved more in his time here than any manager since Alan Dicks, but still he is in the wrong in the minds of some. Don't get me wrong GJ is not God nor is he Alex Ferguson or Arsen Wenger but he is a good manager for us. He does make mistakes but who doesn't and he is not above critisism, but the amount of rubbish spouted on here by a small but vocal minority is amazing. If this band of keyboard warriors put as much energy into cheering the team as they do trying to cruxify the manager we wouldn't need the East End open because they would drown out everyone else.

Let's get behind the manager and the team and yes when there is a cock up have a good moan but not just for the sake of undermining Gary Johnson for some petty reasons. Rant over!

:city::city::city::city::city:

well said that man

Archived