IGNORED

What Is Wrong With The Minority?

numbeast

I find the whole thread extremely sad; starting with the title; there is nothing wrong with the "minority" or the majority; the positive or the negative; we are ALL B.C.F.C (thats the ONLY label) with our own views.

Can we not play nicely without the name calling :fingerscrossed::city::aok2:

I read this forum daily and I am astounded by the amount of negativity directed at Gary Johnson. If he is not being lambasted for playing his son (who I believe is a decent player) he is berated for this tactic or substitutions. If he attends a press conferance and says something wrong out of passion he is intolerable, if he doesn't attend to avoid this it's reflecting bad on him and the club. Topics like "same old, same old" and " Sometimes Gj Does Spout Some Garbage " along with "Johnson Has To Grow Up... " make me wonder why the hell he stays at a club like ours.

The common consensus is the he has achieved more in his time here than any manager since Alan Dicks, but still he is in the wrong in the minds of some. Don't get me wrong GJ is not God nor is he Alex Ferguson or Arsen Wenger but he is a good manager for us. He does make mistakes but who doesn't and he is not above critisism, but the amount of rubbish spouted on here by a small but vocal minority is amazing. If this band of keyboard warriors put as much energy into cheering the team as they do trying to cruxify the manager we wouldn't need the East End open because they would drown out everyone else.

Let's get behind the manager and the team and yes when there is a cock up have a good moan but not just for the sake of undermining Gary Johnson for some petty reasons. Rant over!

:city::city::city::city::city:

Isn't that just exactly what people have done, had a good moan when he cocked up on Saturday? Isn't it at all possible that we all want City to do well but get annoyed when the same thing keeps happening.

Is there somewhere in the rules that says unless you profess your undying love for GJ that you are a negative person and hate him, lets get some perspective here, we threw a 2 goal lead away and that is a worry, because it happened a lot last season, and it appeared to me that it was the same old City who hadn't learned from it.

If that isn't worthy of a talking point on a forum, then can I suggest this forum closes immediately as there isn't any point to one.

Isn't that just exactly what people have done, had a good moan when he cocked up on Saturday? Isn't it at all possible that we all want City to do well but get annoyed when the same thing keeps happening.

Is there somewhere in the rules that says unless you profess your undying love for GJ that you are a negative person and hate him, lets get some perspective here, we threw a 2 goal lead away and that is a worry, because it happened a lot last season, and it appeared to me that it was the same old City who hadn't learned from it.

If that isn't worthy of a talking point on a forum, then can I suggest this forum closes immediately as there isn't any point to one.

I wasn't at Preston so I can't make comment about the subs or sitting on a lead (although at 2-0 it isn't an uncommon thing to do especially away from home) but it's things like "Johnson has to grow up" says who, and what right does anyone have to say that a manger HAS to attend a press conferance. Then there is the "Sometimes Gj Does Spout Some Garbage " that is one persons opinion but when others offer their opinion that it is the poster who is spouting garbage then that is against freedom of expression. Last year it was the charge of nepotism so he brings in a quality midfielder. So now these people have to find something else to level at him. He's come in for stick not praising Gerkin enough but if he had there would be a vocal few saying "he's paid to do that" or "no better than Basso"

I agree constructive critisism has a place but many of his critics are to fixated on his failings and the critisism is far from constructive. In the post Same old same old it states Johnson hasn't learned anything from last season, well if he hasn't how come we've signed players to play a different more attacking formation. Again the bit about the press conferance, what has that got to do with any of us? Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't atten all post match press conferances should he "grow up?" No one denies anybody the right to moan at bad choices GJ makes and no one can stop people posting things petty negative things about him, (mores the pitty) but I defend my right to moan about the moaners because I disagree with what I believe is total rubbish

Fair shout I totaly agree this is site is soooo depressing at the mo !

Can we a least get a couple of games under the old belt before we start stringing the Manager, Players and the old boy who sells the programmes up !

No, because of the reasons directly beneath the sentence which you bolded.

By the way Riaz, and this is just a subjective comment. But are you a Johnson apologist?

There appear to be hundreds of Johnson apologists on this forum. Those that believe just one win in 13 is progress.

By the way, that was a joke. Because it would make my mindset the same as yours and the 'others'. If you don't agree with Gary's decisions, you don't like him. So you hate him. And you hate City.

You know what they say about paranoia? What was that you just called me?!!!

I'm not paranoid, and i'm not a "apologist"

But lets take your criticism for an example...

You talk about the late goals. Firstly you ignore the fact that one of em is dodgy. Secondly and more importantly, you focus on the negative points, when there was loads of positives to take from the game....

We had bags of pace - new signings looked quality and we were a genuine threat when we attacked - totally different team to last season - but you focus on us conceding a late goal - which is very frustrating, but that goes without saying....

I'm not paranoid, and i'm not a "apologist"

But lets take your criticism for an example...

You talk about the late goals. Firstly you ignore the fact that one of em is dodgy. Secondly and more importantly, you focus on the negative points, when there was loads of positives to take from the game....

We had bags of pace - new signings looked quality and we were a genuine threat when we attacked - totally different team to last season - but you focus on us conceding a late goal - which is very frustrating, but that goes without saying....

Ok, now why don't you address Greenun's point about 1 win in 13 games?

Whats positive about 1 win in 13 Riaz FFS?

I never said there was anything positive. but we were average last season and it was a bad run of form.

But why refer back to that bad run?? last season is gone. This season we have new players, that will hopefully improve us from being a average team to a team that can get promoted.

I never said there was anything positive. but we were average last season and it was a bad run of form.

But why refer back to that bad run?? last season is gone. This season we have new players, that will hopefully improve us from being a average team to a team that can get promoted.

My point is YOU cannot post that people who have different views to your own must be, 'complete arseholes' or even more maturely 'gas' and not ben challenged when you spout New Labourish type spin whilst studiously avoiding the points people are making, which differ from your own perspective. Yes, that run started last season, when we frequently blew leads and drew too many games because we didn't go for the jugular. It's understandable then that people are anxious after we let slip a 2-0 lead on Saturday.

It is also perfectly legitimate for people to express those views

My point is YOU cannot post that people who have different views to your own must be, 'complete arseholes' or even more maturely 'gas' and not ben challenged when you spout New Labourish type spin whilst studiously avoiding the points people are making, which differ from your own perspective. Yes, that run started last season, when we frequently blew leads and drew too many games because we didn't go for the jugular. It's understandable then that people are anxious after we let slip a 2-0 lead on Saturday.

It is also perfectly legitimate for people to express those views

I give up - of course people can have differing views

My point is that some people only have negative things to say. and those that are fed up are complete arseholes, cos they have no real reason to be.

I dont avoid points - if I've avoided them is usually cos they are true or go without saying.

We all know last season was not good enough - does moaning get us anywhere?

You read this board sometimes and you would think we were relegation candidates.... or a team that has had a bad few years.

And I'm sorry, but anyone who would rather have tins in charge, is on a wind up.

Whats positive about 1 win in 13 Riaz FFS?

Nothing much, but then Johnson clearly recognises that too, hence 7 signings in the summer. The thing is some people apparently expect them to gel from day one and can tell from one excellent point away to genuine contenders that we have learned nothing.

I wasn't at Preston so I can't make comment about the subs or sitting on a lead

The interesting thing though is that we absolutely didn't sit on the lead. We had chances to go 3-0, and then 3-1 up thanks to some very good football. Indeed, Maynard got a bit of stick from some fans for not taking the ball into the corner in about the 88th minute - instead he tried to make a goal scoring opportunity for himself.

The facts of the matter are that this was a very good result. We should have been 2-0 down at half time, we played some absolutely quality football in the second half, and then came unstuck (partly through no fault of our own) in the last ten minutes. It happens. I can remember us coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Plymouth last year. Like wise, with Birmingham, we went 2-0 down and then completely dominated the game and were unlucky not to get a point, same with the game (I think) were McIndoe missed the injury time penalty. Fact is, 2-0, particularly away from home is a dangerous lead. We weren't the only team on the pitch and a very good side were throwing everything at us. Of course, it's disappointing, but if you'd had offered most City fans a point at 3 o clock they would have bitten your hand off.

I think people who weren't there on Saturday will be mightily impressed by our new signings when they see them. The new formation looks good, and is attacking, and we should be in for a very interesting season.

Well yes we have to be blunt. We have an awful lot of fans who know absolutely sod all about football that like to just pick and moan. I have no beef with criticism of Gj or any other player, but it has to be reasoned to be of any value what-so-ever. Some of the tripe spouted by people just to have a pop at GJ or many of the players is astounding, not because of the amount of it, but the fact that it is often un-reasoned bollocks.

What exactly is wrong with sitting back and defending a lead exactly ? It wasn't a precarious lead we were completely dominating at that point and Preston were getting tired and desperate, Johnson put on the players to take full advantage of this, Sproule is lightning quick, Skuse is deceptively fast and williams is hardly a lummox either, Hartley was begining to tire Sproule is quicker than Haynes and Williams is very good in the hole and can use the other players pace as effectively as anyone. Johnson put on 3 players that should have been able to put the game to bed. Skuse gets all around the pitch and offered much needed ariel ability to combat the 2-4-4 which Preston were employing, he's also probably the best midfielder we have at defending, so that makes perfect sense to me, Sproule has the pace to exploit their formation on the break as shown when he broke away but somehow fount their defenders legs when it was far easier to get the ball to Williams.

Johnson didn't do anything wrong with his subs, when 2-0 up against a team at a similar level (both sides should be around the top 6 come May) it's perfectly acceptable to sit back and try to catch them on the break all teams do it, (were we playing Weymouth then i'd be more concerned) but against teams of similar ability 99% of managers will have their teams sit back and attack on the break, Johnson brought on the players to do that, but as it happens it didn't pay off, it happens to all sides. We rode our luck for the first 82 mins, we could easily have conceded more, but then we could and should have scored more as well.

With Hindsight maybe Johnson wouldn't have changed things, but the game was all but won at 2-0 and even with the two goals we conceded we should have scored at least 1/2 more.

It happens in football all the time, Wolves who were by far and away the best team in this league last season let a 2-0 lead slip away at Ashton Gate, it's not the end of the world, and the subs should have worked, but such is life at times they didn't. We conceded 1 goal that was just a good goal and there wasn't much we could have done about it, and then the ref misses a small (but crucial) push on Elliot and the penalty is given away.

Yes we should have won the game but we didn't draw it because Johnson got his subs wrong, we drew because the players that on paper were perfectly suited to the job that was needed at the time just didn't have the desired impact, Skuse did well and Williams was ok, but Sproule duffed up one critical pass and we drew the game.

It's no single persons fault, It's not all johnsons fault because the subs didn't work, it's not all Sproules fault that he cocked up, it's not all Maynards fault that he missed some good chances.

If there were no positives to take from this game then i'd be there asking questions, but we played well or a good portion of the game, we made more than enough chances to tuck the game away (something that by and large we were not doing last season) just a loss of concentration in the last couple of minutes, we had plenty of opportunities to clear the ball before the ref got in the way and then after that we had opportunities to clear before we gave away the corner that cost us.

There are plenty of positives to take from that game, taking a point off a team that should be there or there abouts at the end of the season is just one of many, and from what i can see the positives far outweigh the few negatives there were.

Could one of our more "glass half empty" fans please respond to this post? I would just like to see if i am missing something as this post seems to sum up exactly how football works using logic and football knowledge.

Not trying to be a smart ass, it's just a number of discussions seem to be of the "i'm right" "no i'm right" variety rather than countering a stance you disagree with by arguing why you think it is wrong.

Archived