IGNORED

What Is Wrong With The Minority?

numbeast

I read this forum daily and I am astounded by the amount of negativity directed at Gary Johnson. If he is not being lambasted for playing his son (who I believe is a decent player) he is berated for this tactic or substitutions. If he attends a press conferance and says something wrong out of passion he is intolerable, if he doesn't attend to avoid this it's reflecting bad on him and the club. Topics like "same old, same old" and " Sometimes Gj Does Spout Some Garbage " along with "Johnson Has To Grow Up... " make me wonder why the hell he stays at a club like ours.

The common consensus is the he has achieved more in his time here than any manager since Alan Dicks, but still he is in the wrong in the minds of some. Don't get me wrong GJ is not God nor is he Alex Ferguson or Arsen Wenger but he is a good manager for us. He does make mistakes but who doesn't and he is not above critisism, but the amount of rubbish spouted on here by a small but vocal minority is amazing. If this band of keyboard warriors put as much energy into cheering the team as they do trying to cruxify the manager we wouldn't need the East End open because they would drown out everyone else.

Let's get behind the manager and the team and yes when there is a cock up have a good moan but not just for the sake of undermining Gary Johnson for some petty reasons. Rant over!

:city::city::city::city::city:

I read this forum daily and I am astounded by the amount of negativity directed at Gary Johnson. If he is not being lambasted for playing his son (who I believe is a decent player) he is berated for this tactic or substitutions. If he attends a press conferance and says something wrong out of passion he is intolerable, if he doesn't attend to avoid this it's reflecting bad on him and the club. Topics like "same old, same old" and " Sometimes Gj Does Spout Some Garbage " along with "Johnson Has To Grow Up... " make me wonder why the hell he stays at a club like ours.

The common consensus is the he has achieved more in his time here than any manager since Alan Dicks, but still he is in the wrong in the minds of some. Don't get me wrong GJ is not God not is he Alex Ferguson or Arsen Wenger but he is a good manager for us. He does make mistakes but who doesn't and he is not above critisism, but the amount of rubbish spouted on here by a small but vocal minority is amazing. If this band of keyboard warriors put as much energy into cheering the team as they do trying to cruxify the manager we wouldn't need the East End open because they would drown out everyone else.

Let's get behind the manager and the team and yes when there is a cock up have a good moan but not just for the sake of undermining Gary Johnson for some petty reasons. Rant over!

It's a mentality thing, numbeast, these people just can't help moaning whatever the situation is. As another poster has said in the last couple of days ''i bet there were some fans out there who were glad that Preston equalised just so they could have a right good moan''. It might sound extreme, but sadly i think it has to be true.

It's just the world we live in, there are fans at this club who don't realize how much Johnson is worth to City, and if he left I think these individuals would then realize just how much City need Johnson and how important of a part he is to our club.

exactly. without GJ this club would struggle i fear. with GJ we punch above our weight.

he is not perfect and i occasionally disagree with one or two of his selections or tactics but thats football and its all about opinion. but ultimately when you take the whole package he is easily the best manager ive seen and ive been going down there since the early 80's and the 4th dvision days.

frankly people who picks holes in him not going to a press conference and such alike are not worth worrying about and some of them will be gas spies anyway.

It's the downside of a forum.

Everyone's view, on the face of it, carries the same weight. People like to moan more than praise.

In the good old days, if a blatantly ridiculous view was expressed in a pub, whoever said it would be argued down or told to not to be stupid, at school they would have had their head shoved down the toilet.

Unfortunately, on an internet forum it turns into a feeding frenzy, gets picked up lazy journalists and becomes what all fans think.

The common consensus is the he has achieved more in his time here than any manager since Alan Dicks, but still he is in the wrong in the minds of some. Don't get me wrong GJ is not God nor is he Alex Ferguson or Arsen Wenger but he is a good manager for us. He does make mistakes but who doesn't and he is not above critisism, but the amount of rubbish spouted on here by a small but vocal minority is amazing. If this band of keyboard warriors put as much energy into cheering the team as they do trying to cruxify the manager we wouldn't need the East End open because they would drown out everyone else.

Spot on.

"Dont know what you have until it's gone" springs to mind.

Having said that, the vast majority do know what we have in GJ - a top, top manager.

Ditto, absolutely spot on - couldn't have said it better myself.

The "keyboard warriors" you refer to probably don't even go to any games and just love to moan.

Rant on numbeast because these moaners need to be put in their place.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and is wrong for those who are fans of Johnson to suggest that those who are not so impressed are 'negative' and 'moaners'. It would be like critising Johnson fans as 'happy clappy'.

Its a different opinion thats all. Why not respect it?

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and is wrong for those who are fans of Johnson to suggest that those who are not so impressed are 'negative' and 'moaners'. It would be like critising Johnson fans as 'happy clappy'.

Because the amount of criticism, you'd think we had bryan gunn in charge!

exactly. without GJ this club would struggle i fear. with GJ we punch above our weight.

he is not perfect and i occasionally disagree with one or two of his selections or tactics but thats football and its all about opinion. but ultimately when you take the whole package he is easily the best manager ive seen and ive been going down there since the early 80's and the 4th dvision days.

frankly people who picks holes in him not going to a press conference and such alike are not worth worrying about and some of them will be gas spies anyway.

I'm not so sure that quite right. GJ has done great for us, but that is only with the resources of SL et al.

So what is 'our weight'?

GJ is the most successful manager alot of city fans have seen in their life time. In his first full season he rescued us from 9 years of league one obscurity, and now has us competing in the championship as a genuine promotion candidate. I'm not saying people's opinions are not valid or shouldn't be respected. It just seems there is no pleasing some people.

If it's mid table league one football people enjoy, theres another team that fits that bill nearby...

Agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion and they will no doubt continue to post their moans, but as above, the amount of criticism aimed at GJ is disproportionate to the position we are in since he took charge.

If we reached the Premier league, under GJ or not, the same people would still find something to moan about.

Some people are never happy and I guess that is my point. They need to get real.

• Admin
GJ is the most successful manager alot of city fans have seen in their life time. In his first full season he rescued us from 9 years of league one obscurity, and now has us competing in the championship as a genuine promotion candidate. I'm not saying people's opinions are not valid or shouldn't be respected. It just seems there is no pleasing some people.

If it's mid table league one football people enjoy, theres another team that fits that bill nearby...

Yeovil?

Can't see that other mob reaching the heights of mid-table having just flogged their main striker to Soton.

Guest churchill gaffer

Let's get behind the manager and the team and yes when there is a cock up have a good moan but not just for the sake of undermining Gary Johnson for some :fingerscrossed:petty reasons. Rant over!

People are just questioning, what is going on?

People can see things are not right, and want to know yesterday what is going on

I think GJ or somebody from the club should let fans know at least something. Lots of questions are not being said?

The club everyday lately, seems to have a problem. :fingerscrossed:

People can see things are not right, and want to know yesterday what is going on

I think GJ or somebody from the club should let fans know at least something. Lots of questions are not being said?

Seriously, are you on a wind up?

There's something like 15000 fans who regularly attend City games at the Gate, there are a few thousand more City "followers" out there, let's say 25000 plus in total?

The number of people who regularly moan on this forum can't be any more than what.........30, 40 if that. The moaners are such a small minority it just isn't worth worrying about.

Let them have their say, I'm sure that the reception that GJ gets on a matchday will mean much more to him than a few idiots spouting off on here.

Very true. I won't reveal my source but apparently the printer in SL's ran out of paper this morning and there wasn't any more to replace it. Another clear example of how the club is falling to pieces in front of our very eyes.

things are not right

I can't see this. What are you seeing that I'm not?

It's an open forum. Feel free to ask all these questions that are not being said. If there's a ground swell of agreement about your line of questioning I'm sure the local media/BCFC media team will ask the questions.

For the original post, I think that it is the nature of people everywhere to complain. There is always a small minority who will criticise. Wenger mentions this at Arsenal!! I recall a 6-0-6 phone in where some ManUre fans were havng a go at Ferguson becuase he only got them to the quarter finals of the European Cup (that year).

I do worry soemtimes that GJ doesn't seem to understand this and takes things to heart on occasion.

I can't see this. What are you seeing that I'm not?

It's an open forum. Feel free to ask all these questions that are not being said. If there's a ground swell of agreement about your line of questioning I'm sure the local media/BCFC media team will ask the questions.

For the original post, I think that it is the nature of people everywhere to complain. There is always a small minority who will criticise. Wenger mentions this at Arsenal!! I recall a 6-0-6 phone in where some ManUre fans were havng a go at Ferguson becuase he only got them to the quarter finals of the European Cup (that year).

I do worry soemtimes that GJ doesn't seem to understand this and takes things to heart on occasion.

I totally agree with this post. I saw the way Johnson behaved last season towards the fans (Williams Stand). He cannot take criticism and it is quite obvious that he cannot handle the so called "big names". He has little man syndrome and he needs to accept sometimes that he is wrong. I am told that certain players at the Gate do not even talk to him. Proves a point.

Some of you on here do not question Johnson- and that is your right. However, imagine going through life without being allowed to criticise?

Its fine to offer up your opinions Robbo, negative of positive. This should be encouraged. It is however bloody annoying when the negative rants come with little or no facts to back it up. When this happens most of us will flame the 5h1t out of the poster, and rightly so.

I personally don't have any right to criticize GJ in anyway, hes in mucho credit at City, he would need to take the club down 2 division before i ever got on his back, hes got nothing to prove to me as a fan.

1. Who are these people you refer to? Clearly not the majority here. I assume by "people" you mean "I".

2. Again "people". Have the courage of your convictions and say "I". I and the great majority here can't seem to see that something is not right. So what exactly is not right?

3. What should they let the fans know given that you are making unspecified and unsupported allegations? Perhaps you should take it up directly? I certainly wouldn't expand on your claims unless you have concrete evidence if I were in your position.

4. What are the problems we are having every day? Aside from Basso's transfer request, made against all advice and with no interest yet apparent from the host of Prem clubs he seems to assume want him (and Phillips had the same delusions of grandeur) I'm struggling to see anything else. But there again I don't kid myself I have inside knowledge and nor do I confuse fantasy and gossip for fact. :disapointed2se:

Its fine to offer up your opinions Robbo, negative of positive. This should be encouraged. It is however bloody annoying when the negative rants come with little or no facts to back it up. When this happens most of us will flame the 5h1t out of the poster, and rightly so.

I personally don't have any right to criticize GJ in anyway, hes in mucho credit at City, he would need to take the club down 2 division before i ever got on his back, hes got nothing to prove to me as a fan.

Well you're the type that would let anything go on. Imagine life whereby people just sat back and let things happen. You would obviously be pleased with that?

I totally agree with this post. I saw the way Johnson behaved last season towards the fans (Williams Stand). He cannot take criticism and it is quite obvious that he cannot handle the so called "big names". He has little man syndrome and he needs to accept sometimes that he is wrong. I am told that certain players at the Gate do not even talk to him. Proves a point.

Some of you on here do not question Johnson- and that is your right. However, imagine going through life without being allowed to criticise?

Criticism and abuse are very different things. Some people are incapable of distinguishing I'm afraid. Again the "big names" crap. Please don't tell me the likes of Stewart and Bridges are big names. Only in their own minds and those who fall for minor celebrity over substance. And then you add more unsubstantiated gossip. Doesn't make for a very convincing case I'm afraid. :disapointed2se:

Well you're the type that would let anything go on. Imagine life whereby people just sat back and let things happen. You would obviously be pleased with that?

With gary johnson, yes, we can sit back and let things happen and expect a top half finish or a decent chance of promotion.

With any other manager we've had in recent years, I was among the "moaners" - cos they got alot wrong.

I'm just a supporter, I know my place and i'm happy with it.

When we have SL & GJ at the helm I don't tend to worry about "letting things go on" I just let them get on with it.

We have the best chairman and manager in England imho, so yes i'll sit back and let things happen and bloody well enjoy it too!

Let what go on? A number of people seem to be convinced by some unspecified and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory then get angry when the rest of us don't share it. Do I take it you were complaining bitterly when the previous regime was letting all sorts of things go on off the field and doing nothing about it? Or did you ignore it and then rant at Gary for cleaning up the mess and getting rid of the well poisoners?

Archived