IGNORED

Palace, Warnock, Jordan & Their Right To Complain

Olé

I think you can quite clearly see that Hartley is at the very least level.

Your 2nd point is exactly the point we are making. We aren't to blame for the Sears goal- the anger should be at the ref.

It does look it yes, but it is also VERY close, and decisions such as that one go on every week in all the leagues! Unlike the Sears 'goal' which is so blatant and has pissed people off.

If it had happened to you, would you have wanted the Palace players to admit the goal? Yes, of course you would have. So that's how we feel and why there is some degree of anger directed at Bristol City for not doing the honourable thing. Don't forget the sense of perspective, on both sides, has probably all been lost due to the previous fixtures of recent years which have been quite tasty! If this was the first incident at Ashton Gate where we've felt we've been robbed, it wouldn't have blown up between the two sides so much.

Bit of an Iain Dowie moment here, but am I pissed off with the referee and officials? Too bloody right. Am I pissed off with the Bristol City players for not admitting the goal? Again, of course I am! But that's just because of the idealistic views we have as football fans, where we cling on to any hope that footballers, and managers, have a sense of fair play today. The game has been so corrupted by Sky and the billionaires that every point counts and can make or break a club. Would I expect Palace to admit the goal? I'd like to think they would but it's probably 90% likely they wouldn't - and the same goes for most teams in the league. If they had admitted it, I know I'd feel a sense of pride in the fact they did, and I wouldn't be so pissed off if you'd won or drawn as that would have been the fairest result.

But hey ho, what can we do? The match won't be replayed, the officials will be suspended for a year or something and nothing else will come of it apart from increased coverage for the home fixture, and possibly a TV match. Here's hoping - we need the money.

I was talking about the fans, sorry if that got lost in my writing.

Yep, Warnock and Jordan are disliked in the game, and Warnock does have his, erm, 'unique' ways - but we'd probably be in League One if it wasn't for him, and he is working under very tight constraints. Jordan is hated because he doesn't stand for the bollocks he comes across in the modern game, what with agents in particular, greedy players and bullshit chairmen. And this has been to our detriment quite often. Also, you'll find that the Warnock in football is totally different to the one outside of it - he's more liked than you'd think.

You'll miss them when they're gone ;)

Do those constraints include not being allowed to buy players because you don't pay your debts?

Only Bristol City fans could try and flip this whole thing on its head and make it look like they're the ones being hard done by.

Well done chaps. Top bombing.

Only Palace would try and blame the opposition for a decision made by a referee.

Top nobheads.

I'd like to add Warnock's claim that the referee celebrated when Jamie McCombe scored against them in the final minute two seasons ago. RESPECT?

... and wasn't that the game where their goal was set up by Kuqi after he clearly hand-balled to control the ball?

Refresh my memory, did Warnock suggest his players let us through for an equaliser on that occassion?

Or not?

It's a different situation. The ball was in the net before the whistle was blown for Sears, it wasn't for Hartley. Also, there is still no conclusive proof that Hartley was onside (please don't bring out this fuzzy picture where you can't see the players' legs or the ball), whereas there is for Sears' goal.

And if you can say BCFC aren't to blame for this cock up (that lies with the officials), then CPFC aren't for that offside decision.

We do indeed have two situations here.

Either you have the ears of a bat and the eyes of a hawk to be able to see/hear the ref's whistle from a hundred yards away or you're talking out of your Palarse!!

Get the chip off your shoulder, get a manager, get a chairman, get a life and JOG ON!!

It does look it yes, but it is also VERY close, and decisions such as that one go on every week in all the leagues! Unlike the Sears 'goal' which is so blatant and has pissed people off.

If it had happened to you, would you have wanted the Palace players to admit the goal? Yes, of course you would have. So that's how we feel and why there is some degree of anger directed at Bristol City for not doing the honourable thing. Don't forget the sense of perspective, on both sides, has probably all been lost due to the previous fixtures of recent years which have been quite tasty! If this was the first incident at Ashton Gate where we've felt we've been robbed, it wouldn't have blown up between the two sides so much.

Bit of an Iain Dowie moment here, but am I pissed off with the referee and officials? Too bloody right. Am I pissed off with the Bristol City players for not admitting the goal? Again, of course I am! But that's just because of the idealistic views we have as football fans, where we cling on to any hope that footballers, and managers, have a sense of fair play today. The game has been so corrupted by Sky and the billionaires that every point counts and can make or break a club. Would I expect Palace to admit the goal? I'd like to think they would but it's probably 90% likely they wouldn't - and the same goes for most teams in the league. If they had admitted it, I know I'd feel a sense of pride in the fact they did, and I wouldn't be so pissed off if you'd won or drawn as that would have been the fairest result.

But hey ho, what can we do? The match won't be replayed, the officials will be suspended for a year or something and nothing else will come of it apart from increased coverage for the home fixture, and possibly a TV match. Here's hoping - we need the money.

I wouldn't have expected any Warnock side to admit the goal. I doubt any of the 92 clubs in the football league would have. Is that right- no but that is life. To blame us is ridiculous.

Only Bristol City fans could try and flip this whole thing on its head and make it look like they're the ones being hard done by.

We haven't been hard done by in terms of the ref decision obviously.

But your manager and chairman's unprofessional attitude and comments have made us all pretty angry understandably.

I think you need to look at your own side before commenting on ours. Your manager is well known for 'bending' the rules frequently. And now he accues us of cheating. Joker.

If CPFC had focused their anger on a shocking refereeing decision we'd have not said a word (other than to agree with you on the incompetence of the decision). Funnily enough when your Manager and Chairman make baseless accusations of cheating against our club we'll have something to say about it.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

We did nothing to you.

Your manager and chairman have decided to smear us because they realise going after the officials is an expesive business and not one they can afford right now.

Notice Warnock refuses to respond whne asked if he'd have let us score in the same situation, and in fact said "that sort of things not done" on the Football League show? Because he know he's done worse and will do worse again.

I realise a cash-poor, talent-sparse team like yourselves need to build a siege mentality to survive in this league, but if you want to try and do it at our expense you've got a fight on your hands, and it's not one that men with Warnock or Jordon's reputations and perious actions will ever win.

I cannot believe how blinded these palace fans are. A mate of mine at work is a Palace fan, and he cannot stand Warnock or Jordan, feels they are ruining the club, I have no doubt hed agree with me about there idiotic reactions. So at least not all Palace fans are so ignorant.

Give me an example of a refereeing decision, where the referee has changed his mind because a player said "Actually, you got that one wrong, ref."

Referees do not consult players when making decisions, they make the decisions on what they believe they have seen and what they believe to be correct. To suggest otherwise is complete bollocks, which is pretty much all we have heard coming out of your club.

We scored a goal that is, without any question at all, not offside. Of course, you won't accept that because it doesn't fit in with your club's vile assertion that Bristol City somehow cheated. Read the opening post of this thread and you will see the true work of cheats and scum, because that is all Messrs. Warnock and Jordan are, and your fans would appear, in the main, to very much deserve them.

Only Palace would try and blame the opposition for a decision made by a referee.

Top nobheads.

Incorrect. We blame the officials for the decision.

We are then consequently annoyed at the reaction of your players and management in light of the decision trying to justify things.

There's a difference.

There again, I wouldn't expect any other kind of reaction from supporters of this particular football club.

It's a different situation. The ball was in the net before the whistle was blown for Sears, it wasn't for Hartley. Also, there is still no conclusive proof that Hartley was onside (please don't bring out this fuzzy picture where you can't see the players' legs or the ball), whereas there is for Sears' goal.

And if you can say BCFC aren't to blame for this cock up (that lies with the officials), then CPFC aren't for that offside decision.

Have you seen a copy of the Refs report regarding this incident, NO and neither has anyone else yet, do you know why the goal was disallowed, NO, neither do we the fans, Gary Johnson Steve Lansdown or anybody connected to BCFC, yet your Manager and his orange mate label us as cheats, you are only second guessing that the ref thought that the ball had not crossed the line, i think he did know that it had but disallowed it for an infringment after consulting with his assistant, whatever his reason one thing for sure is we did not cheat but as the old saying goes, a drowing man will clutch at a straw, and you lot are drowning fast as Mr Warnock keeps pointing out in defence of his argument, whats it like having a pair of idiots in charge of your club.

We are then consequently annoyed at the reaction of your players and management in light of the decision trying to justify things.

There's a difference.

There again, I wouldn't expect any other kind of reaction from supporters of this particular football club.

And we wouldn't expect any other reaction from your lot who have been brainwashed by that cheat Warnock. I bet you hated him before he came to Palace because he was such a cheat. Of course now everything he says is correct.

Your on your way down and we are on our way up. Sorry about that :)

I have enjoyed this weekend like no other victory in recent times!

Jordan & Colin, The Palarse fans coming on here spouting all their shite. Ive loved every single second.

Get over it, WE WON 1-0- Its in the history books. :winner_third_h4h:

Thank you Referee. Thank you Colin. Thank you Orange****. & Thank you all Palarse fans!

There's a difference.

Our reaction?

What, that our players stopped, our fans looked on dismayed and that all who saw it were surprised when the linesman and referee ruled it out?

Yes, I can see how that might surprise you, when you follow a club that won't pay its debts, defames officials and tries to smear other clubs.

Find me one team who have not done something similar {taking advantage of refereeing incompetance} in such a high pressure situation. If players stopped every time an incident like that happened to say 'Yep, sorry, I handballed it', games wouldn't finish for hours.

Enough said then?

There's a difference.

Why shoulld we justify anything- it was your manager and chairman that accused US of cheating.

I'll ask you the question that your mamager refused to answer on the BBC - if it had been the other way round would you have let us score - I very much doubt if he would have done and if you think he would have done then you're delude!!

It was a goal, no need for charity at all. Warnock has every right to be pissed off with it, though I would have preferred that SJ did not get involved. When you look at the replay of the 'goal', the Palace players celebrate, the Bristol players look disappointed/annoyed and start trudging back to their positions, as does the ref to the centre circle before he sees the flag of his assistant.

This was not Neil Warnock's fault, it was obviously an error on the admin side of things. Have a look here: http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/...-crystal-palace to see that the loan was extended to the 3rd of May - the day we played Sheffield United. Obviously it was done until 00:00 on the 3rd, rather than the 4th. NW would not have played him illegally deliberately.

CPFC are going through financial difficulties at the moment, there's no denying that. We've arranged to stall the payments owed to those out of contract over 3 months - something to which the PFA have agreed we can do. Some of those players accepted this, others have not. Not much can be done there.

You yourself have used the word 'allegedly', so until there is actual proof then this is irrelevant.

Again, there's no proof of asking players to feign injury, and what mind control does NW have over the players once they're on the field?! No doubt he'd told them to 'get into' West Brom, and his team of cloggers (yes he does like them in his team) maybe took it a bit too far. There has never been any proof that what the SU players did was a direct result of what NW had said.

He gets up people's noses, and is always very forward and tries to manipulate officials, yes. That's him - and I'm sure he's tried to do it more than those mentioned times. How many times has he been charged for it?

Find me one team who have not done something similar in such a high pressure situation. If players stopped every time an incident like that happened to say 'Yep, sorry, I handballed it', games wouldn't finish for hours.

A perfectly good goal was scored, your players knew it, and did nothing when they could have done. Hence why they're being called cheats. I don't know why you're so surprised? I have no doubt if the boot was on the other foot you would be going mental in the same way we are, and we'd be getting it even more so because of Warnock being our manager. BCFC are no angels anyway, are any team in this league? CPFC as a whole are under severe pressure, this season more than most, to stay in the league and possibly get promoted, due to our worrying money problems; every point is vital - this refereeing cock up could have huge ramifications on our future.

A spirited effort at defending the indefensible but you are ignoring what actually happened. Let's say you're Gary Johnson standing in the technical area. You see the ball go into the net and bounce out. You have no doubt it has done so and your players do not appeal otherwise. You see the referee turn to run back to the centre circle so you assume he has seen it too. Then you see the linesman has his flag up. The referee consults him and disallows the goal, you assume because of an infringement. You have no grounds for believing he has ruled it did not go in as it clearly did so it doesn't cross your mind that could be it, given the referee's previous response. After the game the linesman tells your assistant he saw an infringement. You have no reason to believe he is lying (though it is possible the officials told each set of management what they wanted to hear of course to try to get off the hook). So what exactly have you done to be accused of cheating, especially by a pot calling the kettle black? And why are you accused when no such abuse was directed at Steve Coppell in worse circumstances? Then why was Boothroyd punished for protesting when it appears Warnock will not be? Etc. etc. These were exactly the thoughts that went through my mind at the time and since (apart from a conversation with the linesman of course).

BTW you neglect to mention the money your club owes to other clubs. One of those is Bristol City. Any chance that could be a factor in Jordan's hostility? Or is it his sudden sensitivity at our fans calling him Orange Chairman last season, poor thing. Perhaps your Chairman, who has always liked to brag about his wealth, would like to settle his debts now if he wants to take the moral high ground? No, thought not. Not the sort of thing a middle aged spiv who thinks he's young and gorgeous is likely to do is it? :disapointed2se:

There's a difference.

Go on then tell us how you would like your club to react to a referee making a bad decision that goes in your favour. And when you have finished tell us how you would react if the chairman and manager of another club accused your club and it's fans of cheating with no foundation.

There's a difference.

What it all boils down to at the end of the day is that you lot simply cannot get over losing to us in the play-offs when you all thought you had a "bye" into the final.

I would actually love to see the game replayed and beat you so heavily in the return that it sends you down to 22nd place at the end of the season on goal difference. I now sincerely hope you lot get relegated this season - and if that's what you would expect from fans of our particular club then so be it. On your bike if you don't like it and gob off on some other poor teams forum.

Well if your house brick coloured chair person will insist on calling up Sky and calling us cheat live on air what do you expect?

Total madness; you seriously think we are just going to let you slag us in the press for no legit reason?

Archived