IGNORED

Palace, Warnock, Jordan & Their Right To Complain

Olé

I would actually love to see the game replayed

You no what, I think I agree... Not because i think we need to or should, as that has no foundation. but just because I woulod love to see this game now. Can you imagion the atmosphere? How much abuse would Colin and the tango man get!!!

Incorrect. We blame the officials for the decision.

We are then consequently annoyed at the reaction of your players and management in light of the decision trying to justify things.

There's a difference.

There again, I wouldn't expect any other kind of reaction from supporters of this particular football club.

dont come here with yor wideboy attitude

What it all boils down to at the end of the day is that you lot simply cannot get over losing to us in the play-offs when you all thought you had a "bye" into the final.

I would actually love to see the game replayed and beat you so heavily in the return that it sends you down to 22nd place at the end of the season on goal difference. I now sincerely hope you lot get relegated this season - and if that's what you would expect from fans of our particular club then so be it. On your bike if you don't like it and gob off on some other poor teams forum.

I personally cannot get over the fact we were not awarded a goal that went in, had nothing wrong with it and suchlike.

The playoffs some 15 months ago are irrelevant in regard to that decision. I'm over that. I was over that 15 months ago.

You can wish relegation on us if you wish. The feeling is probably mutual given the general classlessness of your supporters towards us. You're far too easily antagonised. But given the strong overtones of unjustified arrogance within your fanbase as a whole, perhaps that's not surprising.

(We're straying from the subject matter here, but it suits your anti-Palace agenda better, I feel)

Yep, Warnock and Jordan are disliked in the game, and Warnock does have his, erm, 'unique' ways - but we'd probably be in League One if it wasn't for him, and he is working under very tight constraints. Jordan is hated because he doesn't stand for the bollocks he comes across in the modern game, what with agents in particular, greedy players and bullshit chairmen. And this has been to our detriment quite often. Also, you'll find that the Warnock in football is totally different to the one outside of it - he's more liked than you'd think.

You'll miss them when they're gone ;)

Warnock I've never had any time for - the only man to see nothing wrong with incident that put the Leicester lad in hospital last season - yesterday was a classic ego-trip on his part, ranting and raving that every man and his dog was to blame for what happened and anyone who didn't see it his way was a cheat. He would have had a very good point about goal-line technology if he'd stuck to it (*) but lost it completely with the refusal to shake hands and rubbish about City needing to take the laws of the game into our own hands.

Jordan at one time used to write some very thought-provoking and intelligent stuff about the way the game was run (in the Observer I think) but again the impression has always been of someone just a few light years up himself. Perhaps we'll be seeing the balance of the Nick Carle deal sooner rather than later now that he's claimed the higher ground?

* The one piece of "modern technology" I'd like to see brought in

is what they've even managed to do in jolly rugger and that is to

wire the ref up so that he can actually explain his decisions at the

time. As it stands I've still no idea why Palace's "goal" was disallowed

yesterday and perhaps I never will.

Give me an example of a refereeing decision, where the referee has changed his mind because a player said "Actually, you got that one wrong, ref."

Referees do not consult players when making decisions, they make the decisions on what they believe they have seen and what they believe to be correct. To suggest otherwise is complete bollocks, which is pretty much all we have heard coming out of your club.

Steve Kember for Palace vs Nottm Forest, when Forest had scored a goal, but the referee wasn't sure, and Kember as captain admitted it :)

We scored a goal that is, without any question at all, not offside. Of course, you won't accept that because it doesn't fit in with your club's vile assertion that Bristol City somehow cheated. Read the opening post of this thread and you will see the true work of cheats and scum, because that is all Messrs. Warnock and Jordan are, and your fans would appear, in the main, to very much deserve them.

So why on earth have none of the media reported it as 'without any question at all, not offside'? Of course you won't accept that...

Steve Kember for Palace vs Nottm Forest, when Forest had scored a goal, but the referee wasn't sure, and Kember as captain admitted it :)

So why on earth have none of the media reported it as 'without any question at all, not offside'? Of course you won't accept that...

Umm Tony Gale said it earlier on SSN for one.

I personally cannot get over the fact we were not awarded a goal that went in, had nothing wrong with it and suchlike.

The playoffs some 15 months ago are irrelevant in regard to that decision. I'm over that. I was over that 15 months ago.

You can wish relegation on us if you wish. The feeling is probably mutual given the general classlessness of your supporters towards us. You're far too easily antagonised. But given the strong overtones of unjustified arrogance within your fanbase as a whole, perhaps that's not surprising.

(We're straying from the subject matter here, but it suits your anti-Palace agenda better, I feel)

Sorry, "too easily antagonised"?

Your manager and chairman (who owes us a quarter of a million pounds) went on national television calling us "a disgrace" and "cheats", over a decision made by an official and you don't feel we have a right to feel aggrieved?

Face fact. You lost to us in a Play Off semi final nad have never come to terms with getting turned over by little ol' Bristol City. Your manager is scum, who likes to question the integrity of officials and fellow professionals, despite a list of indisrections of his own that's as long as your arm, and your chairman is no better.

Your team scored a goal that should have stood. A referee and his assistant ruled it out. Go and bleat at them, not us.

Or does that not suit your anti-Bristol City agenda?

Maybe because our manager is proffesional and wont whinge like a baby about it - just accepts that these things happen...

Anyway, what has the media got to do with it? It was onside end of.

The media are interested in Warnock's rants rather than the fact that is was not offside.

I find the offside irrelevant in many ways.

Did you know that the Swansea keeper admitted that we scored a goal last season that was never given? The game ended 0-0. We never moaned to the media, asked for the game to be replayed or accused Swansea of cheating. That is humility for you. But Palace don't know anything about that.

For the same bloody reason that you lot cannot accept that there could have been a infringment before you scored, is it that hard to work out.

You come on here, write a sack of arrogant $h1t yourself about our supporters, and then bellyache like a little toddler when a few of us give you a bit back. Why dish the written word out if you can't take a bit back?

Ditto.

Funny, I couldn't have told you how many months ago that was, just that it was a while ago. The details must still be fresh in you mind. Bitterness will end you if your not careful...

Warnock's really done a number on you boys hasn't he? We are a team with nine years in league one in our recent history; you had Premier League football less than five years back. You're the big boys slumming it here. As for "classlessness"; very funny. You've got the manager and chairman whining like children, not us. If you had any class at all you'd have kept it under wraps and complained. Bunch of cockney chancers; none of your pathetic fan base has the guts to admit your clubs a joke.

Couldn't give a tinker's cuss about your shady mob before Mr Tango and Colin started firing off thier bile yesterday; Warnock was always worth a bit of comedy, nothing more.

Now I hope you end up getting bummed every single game.

You are the new Rovers to me, which is pretty much the worse insult I can give you. Then again, even Rovers mght (just might) have had more class than you have had over all this.

Steve Kember for Palace vs Nottm Forest, when Forest had scored a goal, but the referee wasn't sure, and Kember as captain admitted it smile.gif

Do you have a report of the Palace game I could see, where Kember did that?

Maybe because Dumb and Dumber have monopolised the headlines with their slander, while we've just accepted a wrong decision and got on with it.

You're disappointed, that's understandable. But stop blaming us for a refereeing error. It makes you look stupid, and you already have Warnock and Jordan to do that for you.

I definitely have an anti-Palace agenda, shall i tell you why? It's because of the complete lack of grace and total arrogance shown by your players, manager and staff after the first leg of the Play Offs. Now THAT was unjustified arrogance so before you come on here talking about classlessness look no further than your own backyard for it. This is the reason why i personally think it was hilarious that the 'goal' was disallowed and absolutely fantastic when we scored a last minute winner and Colin's reaction was just comedy gold of the highest order!

The fact remains that the 'goal' wasn't given by the officials and the players, by the letter of the law, can't tell the referee to change his mind once he has come to a decision. They could of course have allowed you to walk in a goal but quite frankly you don't deserve that level of sportsmanship for all the reasons previously mentioned.

I hope Palace get relegated, if City don't get promoted, so i don't have to witness your bully boy tactics and your graceless team, manager, chairman and fans again for some time to come.

A perfectly good goal was scored, your players knew it, and did nothing when they could have done. Hence why they're being called cheats. I don't know why you're so surprised? I have no doubt if the boot was on the other foot you would be going mental in the same way we are

Happened last season at home to Swansea, ball was over the line, goal wasn't given. Didn't go mental, it happens in football, to a lot of teams, it never once even occurred to me to call Swansea players cheats, match officials are in charge, footballer's will ride their luck and get on with it, so yes, I am surprised, apparently you live in another world where yet another hopeless ref is worth as serious an accusation as defaming another manager and his players by calling them cheats.

Which by the way is what my post is RESPONDING to, I don't need your feedback, that was our right to reply, Palace have already had their say for the past 24 hours and it's well known what depths of accusation you sink to when you're aggrieved.

It's pitiful that a manager who has instructed staff to cheat and who oversaw the only side in the history of the English game to be so indisciplined their game was abandoned, can turn around and call a manager who was unprecedented in ordering an own goal to right an injustice, a cheat. Talk about not fit to comment. Johnson's record of sportsmanship is light years ahead.

And don't use the 'boot on the other foot' line unless you need reminding that your players would've said and done nothing too. But then you admit as much yourself. "Find me one team who have not done something similar in such a high pressure situation." Well exactly. You have. We have. Everyone has. All players shut up and get on with it when opponents have a goal disallowed, we aren't the first nor the last which is why I'm amazed your mob have the nerve to call us cheats for doing what every club does as a matter of course, far removed from the real niggling gamesmanship of Warnock and his sides.

It is no odds what our players saw, the linesman's flag went up immediately, long before players or referee were back upfield as you appear to claim, I have no idea what for, but up it went, at that point there isn't a player in the land on the right end of a linesman's flag disallowing a goal who would run over and tell the linesman to put the flag down. For Palace or a Warnock-managed team with such a history of indiscipline and disregard for officials to find it amazing we didn't do so is laughable and shows quite how transparently you've hijacked this issue to make the most baseless and unfounded attack on our club.

As for your responses to my background notes on your charming bunch, unsurprisingly they're all just excuses. What's funny is that you find an excuse or mitigating circumstances for every one of the things I raised (even getting a club relegated on a universally accepted bad decision) but believe yesterday's contentious issue (with plenty of precedent for how it was handled by both officials and us), is suddenly not just inexcusable but an act of downright cheating. If you wish to excuse all the points I have raised, then clearly you feel all behaviour is excusable and should be embarrassed by the description of us as cheats.

Either that or you're a hypocrite. The sad thing is that everyone I know has said it was a goal from the moment it went in and were prepared to feel sorry for Sears and for Palace and felt the referee spoiled the game throughout. But since it finished your club's senior figures have launched into an incredibly mis-targeted tirade which brands our passive and surely expected role in the issue as that of 'cheats'. Utter garbage. The clearest indictment of how weak your argument is, is that you concede Warnock "tries to manipulate officials, yes. That's him" but find our much more reasonable decision not to manipulate a referee in your favour a gross act of cheating. I'm not sure whether you're living in glass houses or on another planet.

To say I've been stunned by the absence of logic from your club in the past 24 hours would be serious understatement.

Yes - and I'm pretty sure it's more a case of can't than won't pay them.

In that case a disallowed goal at Ashton Gate is the least of your worries.

Whilst having the utmost sympathy for Palace supporters, the morality of your chairman must surely be questioned if (as you suggest) the club can not afford to compete at this level.

Yes - and I'm pretty sure it's more a case of can't than won't pay them.

Greg - you don't sound like a bad bloke. Isn't it sad that both sets of fans can't rise above all this nonsense? We all travel around the country and are on the end of amzingly bad decisions every week. We had one at Preston last week - a 96th minute penaly after the allotted 4 minutes (ok minimum 4 mins) of added time. Difficult to take but the only way to go is shrog your shoulders and get on with the next match.

If you want another we were winning 2-1 at Forest late last season when our goalie tamely injures himself. We kick the ball out and rather than throw it back to us Forest throw it down into the corner and pressurise our left back who gets surprised by the challenge and loses possession. He tugs away at their bloke and being already booked gets a red card. They score from the resultant free kick then get a winner when we are down to 10 men. Gutted but what can you say - s*it happens.

I bet you have your fair share as well. Yesterdays was an absolute shocker unless I suppose we find that the ref finds some infringment which must be pretty unlikely given Hackets response. However, even if it had been given no one would have known what impact it would have had on the outcome - we actually play a lot better when we are behind and forced to attack! We'll never know.

But calling the opposition cheats in isolation is pretty nasty stuff and is leading to an unecessary and bitter and nasty rivalry between the fans.

Sadly modern footballers are all cheats - you should know that. A ball goes out and two sets of players appeal for the throw. Simulation means penalties are awarded with the slightest contact, players feign injury and players waste time ALL the time which is actually cheating the paying fans of both sides. My point is, allowing players to get involved in refereeing decisions "it came off me ref", "I touched me last ref", "the ball was over the line ref" is the road to complete anarchy. The only way forward is to take the stupid refs decision on the chin and bounce back.

Good luck on Tuesday against the Tractor boys - I hope you get a dodgy last minute penalty and win 1-0.

Best of luck.

Sorry, "too easily antagonised"?

Your manager and chairman (who owes us a quarter of a million pounds) went on national television calling us "a disgrace" and "cheats", over a decision made by an official and you don't feel we have a right to feel aggrieved?

Face fact. You lost to us in a Play Off semi final nad have never come to terms with getting turned over by little ol' Bristol City. Your manager is scum, who likes to question the integrity of officials and fellow professionals, despite a list of indisrections of his own that's as long as your arm, and your chairman is no better.

Your team scored a goal that should have stood. A referee and his assistant ruled it out. Go and bleat at them, not us.

Or does that not suit your anti-Bristol City agenda?

The only issue I have with that post is the "never come to terms with getting turned over by little ol' Bristol City" bit. I have done. That's football.

I appreciate the frustration towards Neil Warnock and Simon Jordan's comments, though equally I sympathise with their frustration (frustration I generally share myself, not to as strong an extent).

Consequently you find that (some) Palace fans are frustrated at your reaction to our side's comments. We have a duty to stick up for our club, just as you do yours.

And then it all gets caught up in some sticky mess which eventually degenerates into some kind of slanging match, petty points scoring and mud slinging. Much like this.

(That's probably a long way of going about saying that on this matter that I'll agree to disagree).

Did you know that the Swansea keeper admitted that we scored a goal last season that was never given? The game ended 0-0. We never moaned to the media, asked for the game to be replayed or accused Swansea of cheating. That is humility for you. But Palace don't know anything about that.

Palace wouldn't know about it because City showed a modicum of class after that incorrect decision, and as Palace have demonstrated, they just have absolutely no idea what that is.

The only issue I have with that post is the "never come to terms with getting turned over by little ol' Bristol City" bit. I have done. That's football.

I appreciate the frustration towards Neil Warnock and Simon Jordan's comments, though equally I sympathise with their frustration (frustration I generally share myself, not to as strong an extent).

Consequently you find that (some) Palace fans are frustrated at your reaction to our side's comments. We have a duty to stick up for our club, just as you do yours.

And then it all gets caught up in some sticky mess which eventually degenerates into some kind of slanging match, petty points scoring and mud slinging. Much like this.

(That's probably a long way of going about saying that on this matter that I'll agree to disagree).

No one has a problem with you sticking up for your club in terms of moaning about that decision- every side would. The problem is when you go slanging off other clubs when you know full well that your team would do exactly the same.

Did Watford ask for the game to be replayed last year or accuse Reading of cheating? No. Why did Palace do this? It just stinks of bitterness towards us.

By 'you' I meant your club, not you personally.

I fully understand your frustration, but take it out on the people who cocked up - That's the referee and his assistant, not us.

By 'you' I meant your club, not you personally.

I fully understand your frustration, but take it out on the people who cocked up - That's the referee and his assistant, not us.

I know you did.

We're taking it out on the people that cocked it up - you've only got to read our boards to see that.

We've had an apology from Keith Hackett and the officials have been suspended indefinitely. Some justice...

Roll on Ipswich on Tuesday.

I know you did.

We're taking it out on the people that cocked it up - you've only got to read our boards to see that.

We've had an apology from Keith Hackett and the officials have been suspended indefinitely. Some justice...

So what are the chances of an apology from Mr Warnock and Jordan. Pigs might fly is my guess.

So what are the chances of an apology from Mr Warnock and Jordan. Pigs might fly is my guess.

Would you want one from them two Alex, stuff em i say, i just feel sorry towards the normal everyday palace fan that luvs his club having to put up with that pair of idiots, thank the lord for GJ+SL.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

We did nothing to you.

Your manager and chairman have decided to smear us because they realise going after the officials is an expesive business and not one they can afford right now.

Notice Warnock refuses to respond whne asked if he'd have let us score in the same situation, and in fact said "that sort of things not done" on the Football League show? Because he know he's done worse and will do worse again.

I realise a cash-poor, talent-sparse team like yourselves need to build a siege mentality to survive in this league, but if you want to try and do it at our expense you've got a fight on your hands, and it's not one that men with Warnock or Jordon's reputations and perious actions will ever win.

I've stayed out of this until now as there seems to be enough of us on the case already and I would rather not get involved in the trading of insults that has been going on, which does the forum no credit, even if the provocation has been extreme.

However, I would just like to reinforce something you've picked up on here (in your penultimate paragraph), as unless I've missed it on another thread I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. It struck me as highly significant when I saw it on the BBC prog. Warnock has stated or implied that the sporting thing for us to have done would have been to gift Palace a goal, but when asked in plain terms by the presenter if he would have done so himself, Warnock evaded the question and didn't give a direct answer. He couldn't, because being the sort of ultra-competitive bloke he is, he knows in his heart of hearts that he'd have done no such thing - and neither would most other managers in the modern game. And therein lies the hypocrisy that undermines his stance, which will in the long run do more damage to his own reputation, and that of his club, than it will do to us - provided we maintain a bit of dignity (as Johnson has sensibly done) and don't get dragged down to the same level.

Let's have our say guys, by all means, but stop short of mud-slinging.

if i was gj or sl i wouldn't give colin or tango man the drippings off my c### yeah the goal didn't stand good im proud our players played on and even more proud of maynard scoring in the 89th min why because i hate everything about palarse and i said as we were walking back to the car wait for those clowns resonse safely to say they didn't disappoint this could only of been better if it happened against baaaardiff colin deserves a little pay back for acting like a f###### clown for all these years now finally some justice for the little bitch

Well, that's your personal view.

But I think you'll find that Crystal Palace FC haven't heard the last of Jordan and Warnocks unprofessional outburst and it won't be a question of agreeing to disagree.

They've slandered this football club through the media and I'm sure they won't be allowed to get away with it - hence the very restrained response from BCFC.

The small matter of 250k owed to us also needs sorting, and I suspect that these things will now be top of Steve Lansdown's "to do" list tomorrow.

Palace were already in a hole and hopefully, thanks to with that **** of a chairman and the nobhead of a manager, they're going to be in a far deeper one soon.

Hope he refuses to pay the cash and SL goes down the court route for interest/court costs/solicitor fees etc, and hits him really hard. Because i cannot see for one minute that jordan is going to pay without a fight, and pretty sure he will come out a very poor loser AGAIN

I know you did.

But the question now is Simon Jordan, & Neil Warnock MAN ENOUGH to give us an apology in public for a liable accusation made against us of cheating?

I really hope this blows over soon cos i feel the clubs name is being tarnished by these idiots including that **** who works for the Sun on SSN this morning. Makes my blood boil. Get over it

His personal email will be in there this week at some point if he actually gets a story in there, and hopefully we can all get together and hammer his inbox non stop. Ive emailed the sun but doubt i will get anything back

Archived