IGNORED

Palace, Warnock, Jordan & Their Right To Complain

Olé

Thought the 'blue few' have been quiet over this matter but notice they've had a pop on the Guardian article.

Anyone remember when they played Brentford 10+ years ago and someone in the crowd had a whistle? Keeper threw the ball out thinking it was a FK and the Rovers player (think it was Cureton) played it into the net.

His personal email will be in there this week at some point if he actually gets a story in there, and hopefully we can all get together and hammer his inbox non stop. Ive emailed the sun but doubt i will get anything back

I think its shaun.custis@the-sun.co.uk

I've stayed out of this until now as there seems to be enough of us on the case already and I would rather not get involved in the trading of insults that has been going on, which does the forum no credit, even if the provocation has been extreme.

However, I would just like to reinforce something you've picked up on here (in your penultimate paragraph), as unless I've missed it on another thread I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. It struck me as highly significant when I saw it on the BBC prog. Warnock has stated or implied that the sporting thing for us to have done would have been to gift Palace a goal, but when asked in plain terms by the presenter if he would have done so himself, Warnock evaded the question and didn't give a direct answer. He couldn't, because being the sort of ultra-competitive bloke he is, he knows in his heart of hearts that he'd have done no such thing - and neither would most other managers in the modern game. And therein lies the hypocrisy that undermines his stance, which will in the long run do more damage to his own reputation, and that of his club, than it will do to us - provided we maintain a bit of dignity (as Johnson has sensibly done) and don't get dragged down to the same level.

Let's have our say guys, by all means, but stop short of mud-slinging.

Cliff. Yet again you've written an objective and considered post, which rightly highlights Warnock's rank hypocrisy. A valid point and one that should be offered against Palace's Chairman's accusation of cheating towards us as essentially his own manager's refusal to confirm that he'd do the sporting thing is an admission that he too is a 'cheat' in the eyes of his own Chairman. You'd like to think the media would focus on this, but listening to Warnock and Jordan go on in the way they currently are is far more interesting.

Notwithstanding the above, it is still fresh in my head the disgraceful way that Warnock, his players and the Palace fans behaved after the first leg of the Play Offs. It was disgraceful gamesmanship and in no way sporting behaviour, so as far as i'm concerned i will continue to drop to their level and sling the mud for as long as they are prepared to come on here and take it as i have less respect for their supporters (re-affirmed by their behaviour as a club and fans in the last 24 hours) than your average gashead. They deserve everything they get and long may it continue.

just been watching the Rugby League on Sky. A Huddersfield player passed the ball back, a team mate grabbed it and went charging forwards to an undefended goal. The Ref blew his whistle because he thought it had been an illegal forward pass. TV replays showed the Ref was wrong.

What happened, the players accepted the Ref had made a mistake and got on with the game. Not even any villifying of the Ref from the commentators.

I have enjoyed this weekend like no other victory in recent times!

Jordan & Colin, The Palarse fans coming on here spouting all their shite. Ive loved every single second.

Get over it, WE WON 1-0- Its in the history books. :winner_third_h4h:

Thank you Referee. Thank you Colin. Thank you Orange****. & Thank you all Palarse fans!

Oh that is THE best signature I've seen on here. Brilliant.

Haven't read through all post but some people mentioning when players have owned up to things? didnt michael owen when playing for liverpool sat to referee that it was no penalty when he went over in opposition box although the referee still gave penalty? please put me right if wrong but i can remember that but cant remember year or game.

Haven't read through all post but some people mentioning when players have owned up to things? didnt michael owen when playing for liverpool sat to referee that it was no penalty when he went over in opposition box although the referee still gave penalty? please put me right if wrong but i can remember that but cant remember year or game.

Fowler vs Arsenal - 1997 ish?

I'd like to add Warnock's claim that the referee celebrated when Jamie McCombe scored against them in the final minute two seasons ago. RESPECT?

also their tirade after David Nobles goal in the pray off first leg, inciting their fans.............

And didn't GARY JOHNSON instruct his team to allow Plymouth to equalise against Yeovil, winning a FIFA fair play award in the process, when Yeovil accidently kicked an intended pass to the Plymouth keeper from a drop ball into the net?

Someone tell me what the **** Warnock has ever done in his managerial career that can be considered sporting or fair play? I can quite happily live with the pantomime of Warnock but when it transcends into rotten, stinking hypocrisy of the highest order then you have to draw the line. As people have pointed out, TWICE he was DIRECTLY asked what he would have done in the same situation and TWICE he avoided the question.

Mind you I have to give the guy enormous credit for managing to turn 14K South Londoners into tranced up bitches of his who now hang on his every word and truly believe that poor, hard done by little old Palace (who are still miles bigger than Bristol City though!!) are fighting a jihad against the rest of the nasty football world.

The only pundit who has come out with anything approaching sense in this whole sorry saga is Tony Gale who, presumably, has no axe to grind with either club.

I don't half feel sorry for Palace fans, not because of the 'goal' but because of that clown Warnock.

He's the sort of bloke that you'd never want managing your team, yet they've been lumbered with him.

Unlucky boys, you can always offload him to Rovers.

• Admin
I've stayed out of this until now as there seems to be enough of us on the case already and I would rather not get involved in the trading of insults that has been going on, which does the forum no credit, even if the provocation has been extreme.

However, I would just like to reinforce something you've picked up on here (in your penultimate paragraph), as unless I've missed it on another thread I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. It struck me as highly significant when I saw it on the BBC prog. Warnock has stated or implied that the sporting thing for us to have done would have been to gift Palace a goal, but when asked in plain terms by the presenter if he would have done so himself, Warnock evaded the question and didn't give a direct answer. He couldn't, because being the sort of ultra-competitive bloke he is, he knows in his heart of hearts that he'd have done no such thing - and neither would most other managers in the modern game. And therein lies the hypocrisy that undermines his stance, which will in the long run do more damage to his own reputation, and that of his club, than it will do to us - provided we maintain a bit of dignity (as Johnson has sensibly done) and don't get dragged down to the same level.

Let's have our say guys, by all means, but stop short of mud-slinging.

Noticed this and posted a transcript of his post-match conference last night:

Reporter: you really think Gary should have <put his hand up>?

Colin: I do, yeah

Reporter: so in his situation you would have said something to the ref?

Colin: Bristol City's hard enough as it is, I don't think my players deserve this

Since then he's changed the non-answer to "if you check back I said after the Watford game that Reading should have allowed Watford to equalise".

So it would appear that his position is if a team that isn't the one he manages benefits from a goal being awarded/not awarded in controversial circumstances they should take action to redress than injustice.

Got up from ground and waved his hands at ref to say no penalty, he got alot of respect that day.

Didn't stop him stepping up and slotting the penalty in though ;)

I keep readin that Warnock and Jordan anre trying to take the "moral high ground".

Can someone explain to me how you can take high ground when you are in a hole and still digging?

Archived