IGNORED

Johnson Wants Apology From Hackett

sh1t_ref_again

From an interview with GJ

"I've spoken to the assessor of the game and at that actual incident, just after the ball went into the net, the linesman put his flag in to the air. The referee ran over to the linesman who was still standing with his flag in the air and obviously spoke to him. At this point nobody knew why the goal was not given. We all saw the ball hit the back of the net. Then the referee didn't give the goal so at the end we asked the referee why the goal wasn't given and he said `for an infringement`.

"That doesn't make me a cheat, a liar or unsporting. That's what's in the report and I think he [Keith Hackett] needs to apologise to Bristol City fans, players and management now. They are the facts that will come out of the report of that event."

Source - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17082009/63/...fringement.html

It did seem very strange from Hacket to come out and effectivley blame the ref by giving an opology to CP and say the ref is suspended until they review the game. Perjhaps its Hacket that should be suspended

"I've spoken to the assessor of the game and at that actual incident, just after the ball went into the net, the linesman put his flag in to the air. The referee ran over to the linesman who was still standing with his flag in the air and obviously spoke to him. At this point nobody knew why the goal was not given. We all saw the ball hit the back of the net. Then the referee didn't give the goal so at the end we asked the referee why the goal wasn't given and he said `for an infringement`.

"That doesn't make me a cheat, a liar or unsporting. That's what's in the report and I think he [Keith Hackett] needs to apologise to Bristol City fans, players and management now. They are the facts that will come out of the report of that event."

Source - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17082009/63/...fringement.html

It did seem very strange from Hacket to come out and effectivley blame the ref by giving an opology to CP and say the ref is suspended until they review the game. Perjhaps its Hacket that should be suspended

If this is right then thats brill, Hackett, Tango, Colin, and sun journo all eating humble pie, hope they choke on it the knobs. :winner_third_h4h:

Hackett is an absolute ****. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to come out and say! Whilst neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the referee's decision, the referee' boss should at least conduct a full investigation into the decision first of all.

Imagine if our bosses came out publically everytime we made mistakes and told the world? How undermined would we all feel? No-one would have any confidence at all in our superiors. For all Hackett knows, there could well be genuine reasons which he has yet not discovered - how is he and the referee and the other officials going to look if he discovers that now?

This whole incident, whilst looking like a big mistake, has been turned into a needlessly overblown and ridiculous affair, and everybody is now starting to come out of it looking like idiots. Rather than jumping around waving their arms and shouting, people really should be talking sensibly about this.

If it was a mistake, they happen. Nobody cheated, nobody broke the rules (although, watching the second half, you may disagree...). Everybody is human and errs occasionally.

I sure hope that the infringement theory is correct, though I can't understand why that did not come to light yesterday.

Sky TV has been on this one for over 24 hours now, with the line of "belly achers" increasing all the time.

Though.....Good Karma be to Tony Gale for totally defending Bristol City and Gary Johnson live on Sky.

I'd say Mr. (shoot first and ask questions later Hackett) is on the rack at the moment, but sometimes The Devil looks after his own.

Let's hope scrutiny of Mr.Shoebridge's report well and truly pushes egg upon egg into Colin's face.

Hackett is an absolute ****. What an absolutely ridiculous thing to come out and say! Whilst neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the referee's decision, the referee' boss should at least conduct a full investigation into the decision first of all.

Imagine if our bosses came out publically everytime we made mistakes and told the world? How undermined would we all feel? No-one would have any confidence at all in our superiors. For all Hackett knows, there could well be genuine reasons which he has yet not discovered - how is he and the referee and the other officials going to look if he discovers that now?

This whole incident, whilst looking like a big mistake, has been turned into a needlessly overblown and ridiculous affair, and everybody is now starting to come out of it looking like idiots. Rather than jumping around waving their arms and shouting, people really should be talking sensibly about this.

If it was a mistake, they happen. Nobody cheated, nobody broke the rules (although, watching the second half, you may disagree...). Everybody is human and errs occasionally.

Maybe he should read the referee's report first. That would then tell him whether he needs to have an investigation. If the report says that the goal has been ruled out for an infringement then I expect the club to get a full apology from Hackett, Jordan, Warnock, most of the newspapers, Sky Sports the BBC etc etc. Jez, I'm starting to get paranoid about the whole thing!!

Maybe he should read the referee's report first. That would then tell him whether he needs to have an investigation. If the report says that the goal has been ruled out for an infringement then I expect the club to get a full apology from Hackett, Jordan, Warnock, most of the newspapers, Sky Sports the BBC etc etc. Jez, I'm starting to get paranoid about the whole thing!!

Exactly. How can the referee's boss apologise for something HE doesn't know anything about?! He won't know exactly what the reasons were until he has read that match report, along with additional comments from the fourth official, referee's assessor and the manager's involved.

I'm started to get worried that some ridiculous and dangerous precedent is going to be set, and they're going to change the rules of the game to allow a rematch.

Still, we'll just have to stuff 'em in that to make sure of the result.

If the referee's report states that the flag went up for an infringement, then our club deserve a very public apology from Tango Man, Colin, Shaun Custis and every other journo who have lambasted our club in the papers today. Not that they will allow the truth to get in the way of a sensationalist headlines of course, so i won't hold my breath.

After that apology, he has made it awfully difficult for whoever referees a game Crystal Palace are invloved - and in particular for the Palace/City game in January.

What do you do as ref? Play safe & give all 50/50s to Palarse? give all 50/50s to City to show you aren't intimidated - ooh dangerous, you might Hackett suspends you. Someone goes down in the box, you are certain it was a trip on a City attacker, oh best let it go, the linesman is unsighted so will go along with it.

I am dreading who we get to ref that game.

After that apology, he has made it awfully difficult for whoever referees a game Crystal Palace are invloved - and in particular for the Palace/City game in January.

What do you do as ref? Play safe & give all 50/50s to Palarse? give all 50/50s to City to show you aren't intimidated - ooh dangerous, you might Hackett suspends you. Someone goes down in the box, you are certain it was a trip on a City attacker, oh best let it go, the linesman is unsighted so will go along with it.

I am dreading who we get to ref that game.

Urriah Rennie - that has the potential to be painful to watch if he was running it!

I thought the ref has also appologised for missing the goal, so how can they now be saying it was for an infringement?

Despite the media coverage, I thought all along that it was cancelled for an infringement (rightly or wrongly). Sitting in the EE, I did not know for sure the ball went in the net. As it was all very confusing, I was watching the officials to see what they did. The lino at no point lowered his flag and pointed for a goal kick. He had his flag raised the whole time, which in the rules means its either offside or an infringement I believe.

Johnson also came out yesterday and said the ref told him after the game it was for an infringement.

For the record, I think it should have stood (no infringement) but I have speculated with friends that it could be due to either Sears having his hand on Cole Skuse, or Sears foot being 'nearly' a high foot. The lino could have made wrong judgments on either of them. In which case, its exactly the same situation as the hartley goal (wrong decision!).

Why should the goal have stood if there was an infringement. If there has been an incident that warrants a free kick then you give a free kick. I think the only mistake the referee made was to award a goal kick. Had he given the free kick on the edgr of the area it would have clarified the situation.

I would think that Bruce has issues with Palarse anyway, was Jordan chairman during his short reign there?

Yes. I believe Jordan took out a high court injunction to stop him starting a new job.

Mind you, Bruce is a bellend too, so I find it hard to take sides.

It's time for goal line technology blah blah blah. It costs managers their jobs yadda yadda yadda. It's a hard enough job etc etc etc.

Would anyone, including any of that lot, really complain if it cost Colin his job?! Really...?!

Colin's wife, surely, but only because he'd be spending more time at home with her...

I just hope Lansdown is instructing the City's lawyers to keep a record of every word being spouted by Warnock, Jordan and some of the hacks in the media. When all this has been sorted several defermation of character lawsuits being handed out to those who have gone out of thier way to brand the club as cheats.

I just hope Lansdown is instructing the City's lawyers to keep a record of every word being spouted by Warnock, Jordan and some of the hacks in the media. When all this has been sorted several defermation of character lawsuits being handed out to those who have gone out of thier way to brand the club as cheats.

Amen to that - sue the papers for all they're worth and use the funds to start a charity that provides free anger management classes for all managers at football league level.

Pfft of course not. They're happy to show that clip with the ball freezed in the back of the net 500 times every hour.. followed by a few comments of how disgraceful a club we are.

No one likes us? ... I don't care!

Archived