IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

JonPikeUK

quite simple we dont need to sell so we wont sell him for 3.5 maybe up it another 1.5m and they may tempt us but with marv happy and our good financial status he wont be going nowhere

No - GJ won't deny Marv the opportunity to get a move to a Premier club, providing the deals right financially City will sell him.

If Marv wants to go - and for Prem football and a doubling or even tripling of his wage, why wouldn't he? - and it is £3.5M then reality bites and he will go.

Clubs don't/can't keep players who want to better themselves - look at Lescott

No - GJ won't deny Marv the opportunity to get a move to a Premier club, providing the deals right financially City will sell him.

If Marv wants to go - and for Prem football and a doubling or even tripling of his wage, why wouldn't he? - and it is £3.5M then reality bites and he will go.

Clubs don't/can't keep players who want to better themselves - look at Lescott

so why didn't marv go to wolves then where he will be playing prem football now instead he showed he was happy by signing a new deal if marv is content staying we are in the driving seat we could demand whatever we want

If Marv wanted to leave and we were offered £3.5 million for him I'd say that's a fair price and we should take the money.

Yes, it would be a loss and it's late in the day window-wise, but we can always loan with a view to buy a replacement (i.e. Noble style).

We're not a one man team, as good as that man is.

I think marvin should move on, and Skuse take on his role.

GJ has shown that younger players without enough quality get moved out. If not quite ready they are loaned out.

Artus our oldest local midfielder, is 21 next month. GJ and SL gave him another contract, obviously for a good reason. Certainly another option and Artus is more in the aggressive Elliot mode, as he well proved in league 1 last season.

Artus at 21 is past being called one for the future, so why would we sign an outside younger midfielder with promise, we already have one of our own, plus Skuse another home grown product. We will do just fine with Artus and Skuse who will both play for the shirt with passion.

GJ has shown that younger players without enough quality get moved out. If not quite ready they are loaned out.

Artus our oldest local midfielder, is 21 next month. GJ and SL gave him another contract, obviously for a good reason. Certainly another option and Artus is more in the aggressive Elliot mode, as he well proved in league 1 last season.

Artus at 21 is past being called one for the future, so why would we sign an outside younger midfielder with promise, we already have one of our own, plus Skuse another home grown product. We will do just fine with Artus and Skuse who will both play for the shirt with passion.

I will be absolutely delighted if we get 3.5m for him. Today showed me that he had absolutely no commitment to the cause at all.

I will be absolutely delighted if we get 3.5m for him. Today showed me that he had absolutely no commitment to the cause at all.

I was thinking the same!! After todays performance I would jump at the chance to have £3.5million - hell right now Id even take £2million!!

I was thinking the same!! After todays performance I would jump at the chance to have £3.5million - hell right now Id even take £2million!!

And to think that Kalifa Cisse cost Reading 1.5m. Elliot is only good at tackling, he has no footballing ability today even his tackling was poor. Not impressed.

Hang on a minute, he had a bad game, better than 8 or 9 others though, if LJ showed the same commitment we may have had a bit more authority today, Elliot wins it Johnson gives it away.........repeat.

Im sorry but your an idiot mate. "blah blah blah Lee johnons useless blah blah blah blahhhhh". :fastasleep:

Hang on a minute, he had a bad game, better than 8 or 9 others though, if LJ showed the same commitment we may have had a bit more authority today, Elliot wins it Johnson gives it away.........repeat.

On the day Marvin barely found his man with a pass once, unfortunately.

Have you contributed anything meaningful to the debate by saying that mate? Attack the post not the poster I thought.

Okay i apologise i will contribute if thats what has to happen on here.

Lee Johnson hardly ever tries to boot the ball and he keeps trying to keep it and pass it so by doing that he will do some errors and when he does those errors they can be picked up on easily and because hes the managers son ect. but Paul Hartley wasn't great today by a long stretch of the imagination. I do think he is class but so many times the defence would give it to him or LJ would give it to him and he would wack it somewhere up there especially first half.

When we could finally keep it in their half it was LJ knocking it to McAllister and going for it back and then Akinde and back and looking for movement but there wasn't much especially with no Clarkson and Haynes. This was when the commentator said 'and this is citys best spell in the game'.

For me Lee Johnson played much better than Hartley did today but surprise surprise its all LJs fault. Im getting tired of it.

Okay i apologise i will contribute if thats what has to happen on here.

Lee Johnson hardly ever tries to boot the ball and he keeps trying to keep it and pass it so by doing that he will do some errors and when he does those errors they can be picked up on easily and because hes the managers son ect. but Paul Hartley wasn't great today by a long stretch of the imagination. I do think he is class but so many times the defence would give it to him or LJ would give it to him and he would wack it somewhere up there especially first half.

When we could finally keep it in their half it was LJ knocking it to McAllister and going for it back and then Akinde and back and looking for movement but there wasn't much especially with no Clarkson and Haynes. This was when the commentator said 'and this is citys best spell in the game'.

For me Lee Johnson played much better than Hartley did today but surprise surprise its all LJs fault. Im getting tired of it.

It's just the manner of defeat mate. Don't worry im sure we will bounce back against Middlesbrough.

It's just the manner of defeat mate. Don't worry im sure we will bounce back against Middlesbrough

I agree and i too am dissapointed with the loss but we need a sense of perspective.

Wev played 5, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 which is a very good start.

After QPR many people on here were thinking top six easily puching top 2 now suddenly wer woeful with a team full of league 1 players.

Im not sure whether we will get anything against Boro is the problem and then i wouldnt be shocked if i came on here to see that we will end up relegating according to everybody.

I agree and i too am dissapointed with the loss but we need a sense of perspective.

Wev played 5, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 which is a very good start.

After QPR many people on here were thinking top six easily puching top 2 now suddenly wer woeful with a team full of league 1 players.

Im not sure whether we will get anything against Boro is the problem and then i wouldnt be shocked if i came on here to see that we will end up relegating according to everybody.

Good sensible post completely agree.

I've long thought this summer was the right time to cash in on Marv. We have a ready made replacement in Skuse (who is no worse imo) and we could use the money to buy the one or two wingers our squad is clearly dying out for. I hope this rumour is true.

Agree, im so glad that Skuse has stepped up to the plate and showed everyone that he wasnt just potential. He as you said is as good as Eliott, 3.5 mill would be a fantastic sum of money to play with.

What a stupid thing to say. Perhaps think before you speak?

I don't think this was a stupid thing to say at all. Marvin Elliot has reached the height of his ability in my opinion and I don't think he will get any better 3.5m for him would be a fantastic piece of business. Elliot like others today showed no enthusiasm or bite in the tackles that we come to expect for a player of his quality.

I don't think this was a stupid thing to say at all. Marvin Elliot has reached the height of his ability in my opinion and I don't think he will get any better 3.5m for him would be a fantastic piece of business. Elliot like others today showed no enthusiasm or bite in the tackles that we come to expect for a player of his quality.

A lot of what went on today was down to GARY JOHNSON, changing formations, players coming in, not sure with what they doing (or just not good enough to be wearing the shirt). Its down to the manager to have a settled team, with players coming in for injuries, fitting in to a formation for playing to their strenghts.

Anyway Elliot is a sound player, otherwise we would not talking about a valuation of so called 3.5m.

Elliot is still learning the game and with players like Hartley about, can only get better.

Its getting the right balance and tactics that we lack. IMO

To accuse M.E of having no commitment to our football club based on one average performance is ludacris. Everyone today except maybe Gerkin was poor. So yes, it was a stupid thing to say.

A lot of what went on today was down to GARY JOHNSON, changing formations, players coming in, not sure with what they doing (or just not good enough to be wearing the shirt). Its down to the manager to have a settled team, with players coming in for injuries, fitting in to a formation for playing to their strenghts.

Anyway Elliot is a sound player, otherwise we would not talking about a valuation of so called 3.5m.

Elliot is still learning the game and with players like Hartley about, can only get better.

If the players were not sure what they were doing then I would imagine Gary Johnson would be infuriated. Professional football players should know what they have to do as soon as they get told the instructions, otherwise they should not be playing football.

If the players were not sure what they were doing then I would imagine Gary Johnson would be infuriated. Professional football players should know what they have to do as soon as they get told the instructions otherwise they should not be playing football.

Well according to SL today, this is the first he's heard anything about Elliott, papers will make things up towards the end of transfer deadline.

Elliot is going nowhere, and its unlikely we wil bring anyone else in.

I think i must have missed this interview. Unlikely we will get any new signings? That is a shame, I still think we could do with 1 or 2 more.

To accuse M.E of having no commitment to our football club based on one average performance is ludacris. Everyone today except maybe Gerkin was poor. So yes, it was a stupid thing to say.

Elliot has not looked as good as he used to be for a very long time now. It's possible his head has been turned by all the speculation linking him with moves away from the club.

Archived