IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

JonPikeUK

Elliot has not looked as good as he used to be for a very long time now. It's possible his head has been turned by all the speculation linking him with moves away from the club.

Your right, it's possible. Clearly this means Marvin is no longer commited to BCFC.

If the players were not sure what they were doing then I would imagine Gary Johnson would be infuriated. Professional football players should know what they have to do as soon as they get told the instructions otherwise they should not be playing football.

As i said Leo not good enough for the championship, and short on ability at this level.

You have also stated that the players may not have known what they were supposed to be doing.

The players are told what is expected of them and the team plan, but as i said NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO STICK TO A PLAN! they looked a lost bunch out there.

I stated that I didn't think he showed much enthusiasm or commitment today. I have not said that he doesn't have commitment to City all the time just today.

In fairness, having re-read you comment, you did say that, for which i apoligise.

However still think it was slightly harsh considering the majority of our players were poor today. Opinions and all that :thumbsup:

In fairness, having re-read you comment, you did say that, for which i apoligise.

However still think it was slightly harsh considering the majority of our players were poor today. Opinions and all that :thumbsup:

Fair play. I might have been a tad harsh on Elliot he wasn't worse having seen the highlights of the game than the majority as you say. I still think it was a poor game by his standards.

I would be quite happy with selling Marvin Elliot for £3.5 million, but only on the proviso that we spent that money on properly strengthening the squad immediately. However I don't think that would happen and we would plod along with what we have until its too late .

Sell Elliot by all means for that sort of money, but we must strengthen now and not later.

A lot of what went on today was down to GARY JOHNSON, changing formations, players coming in, not sure with what they doing (or just not good enough to be wearing the shirt). Its down to the manager to have a settled team, with players coming in for injuries, fitting in to a formation for playing to their strenghts.

Anyway Elliot is a sound player, otherwise we would not talking about a valuation of so called 3.5m.

Elliot is still learning the game and with players like Hartley about, can only get better.

Its getting the right balance and tactics that we lack. IMO

I agree GJ got his tactics wrong on Sunday just wish he would take blame for his mistakes. but on the Elliot front 3.5 mill is bloody good business we need to cash in now.

WHAT!?

A man just came on sky sports news from the city of manchester stadium and was asked about any of their signings and then was asked about any other premier league signings in the north west and He straight away said 'Well bristol city midfielder marvin elliott has been attracting alot of attention from roberto martinez, believed to be an admirer of the midfielder from his times of swansea and has believed to be putting in a bid of £5million!?

Surely this cant be true?

I would be quite happy with selling Marvin Elliot for £3.5 million, but only on the proviso that we spent that money on properly strengthening the squad immediately. However I don't think that would happen and we would plod along with what we have until its too late .

Sell Elliot by all means for that sort of money, but we must strengthen now and not later.

We have LJ and Skuse, why strengthen?

WHAT!?

A man just came on sky sports news from the city of manchester stadium and was asked about any of their signings and then was asked about any other premier league signings in the north west and He straight away said 'Well bristol city midfielder marvin elliott has been attracting alot of attention from roberto martinez, believed to be an admirer of the midfielder from his times of swansea and has believed to be putting in a bid of £5million!?

Surely this cant be true?

Bloody hope its true! Just think what we could do with 5 million :noexpression:

There doesn't seem to be any foundation to the rumour. I dont think he is going anywhere....

A short time ago on SSN Martinez said he was still looking to bring a couple more players before the deadline, probably from outside the prem, with a view to developing them into prem players. So I wouldn't rule out his interest in Marv.

I wouldn't trust GJ with £5m.....he would probably buy a couple of players for £2.5m and then decide a week later there not right for his squad!

GJ's only signing for that sort of sum is Maynard, who featured throughout last season and has started every game so far this.

Perhaps after losing a league match we should get on and sack him and get a genius with City's money like Pulis back, then?

...OK a reputed £3.5M sounds like a lot of money (in the real world it bloody well is) but in the crazy world of football -is it?.

We are no longer a leading League 1 side - if we were then three & a half Million would be something to get excited about (ala the £2mil we got for Cotts -luvely jubbly)- BUT we are now a VERY Credible Championship outfit & Marv is without doubt one of the 'stars' of the squad - therefore £3.5M is NOT such a HUGE amount.

Unless the player himself displays a desire to leave then imo I reckon we should resist any offers for the time being.

Marv's transfer 'value' is unlikely to reduce over the next few months, infact its more likely to increase nearer to the £5M mark if he & Bristol City together have another good season...

-we might even find ourselves again fighting for a Prem spot :fingerscrossed:, who knows?, if so what price/value would Marv mean to us (& others) then?.. maybe if our season is 'over' by January we should think about potential offers then but for now I think we should send a clear 'hands-off' message to anyone with anything less than 'silly-money' cheques to wave at us! (& that goes for ANY of our better players).

Strength of squad depth is vital in the higher leagues, we cant afford to weaken our overall strength at this moment in time - if Marv was to leave where exactly would we pick up a viable replacement for anything less than big money?.. it'd be cash in one hand & out of the other with no guarantee any new player would be a success... hang on to what we have, I say, we need to be strengthening not weakening ourselves right now.

...OK a reputed £3.5M sounds like a lot of money (in the real world it bloody well is) but in the crazy world of football -is it?.

We are no longer a leading League 1 side - if we were then three & a half Million would be something to get excited about (ala the £2mil we got for Cotts -luvely jubbly)- BUT we are now a VERY Credible Championship outfit & Marv is without doubt one of the 'stars' of the squad - therefore £3.5M is NOT such a HUGE amount.

Unless the player himself displays a desire to leave then imo I reckon we should resist any offers for the time being.

Marv's transfer 'value' is unlikely to reduce over the next few months, infact its more likely to increase nearer to the £5M mark if he & Bristol City together have another good season...

-we might even find ourselves again fighting for a Prem spot :fingerscrossed:, who knows?, if so what price/value would Marv mean to us (& others) then?.. maybe if our season is 'over' by January we should think about potential offers then but for now I think we should send a clear 'hands-off' message to anyone with anything less than 'silly-money' cheques to wave at us! (& that goes for ANY of our better players).

Strength of squad depth is vital in the higher leagues, we cant afford to weaken our overall strength at this moment in time - if Marv was to leave where exactly would we pick up a viable replacement for anything less than big money?.. it'd be cash in one hand & out of the other with no guarantee any new player would be a success... hang on to what we have, I say, we need to be strengthening not weakening ourselves right now.

Great post, I completely agree with everything you say. How do you manage to write with such lucidity at 4:06 a.m.? As I've said on another post if we are going to persist with 3-5-2, and given the players we have in the squad at present that seems to be preferred option, then we need to have 6 CMs if we are to have adequate cover.

Elliott/Hartley/Skuse(but could be increasingly called upon to play CB)/Williams/Artus/Johnson are the six at the moment, I am not going to include Clarkson as I feel he has goals in him if played further up the pitch.

Definitely an area we need to strengthen, not weaken and for me(I know many of you are going to groan) I would be looking to replace LJ as (1) I don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter and (2) the only time you should be working for your dad is in a family owned business.

if we loose elliott we are f**ked, skuse could replace him but if he gets injured the maybe a midfield 3 which consits of johnson, hartley and williams, pretty flimsey too me, i mean we are still waiting for a replacement for nick carle sooo think how long it would take to get a replacement for elliott!

if we loose elliott we are f**ked, skuse could replace him but if he gets injured the maybe a midfield 3 which consits of johnson, hartley and williams, pretty flimsey too me, i mean we are still waiting for a replacement for nick carle sooo think how long it would take to get a replacement for elliott!

I dont think there is any foundation in Marvin going anywhere... no reliable evidence is there??

Great post, I completely agree with everything you say. How do you manage to write with such lucidity at 4:06 a.m.? As I've said on another post if we are going to persist with 3-5-2, and given the players we have in the squad at present that seems to be preferred option, then we need to have 6 CMs if we are to have adequate cover.

Elliott/Hartley/Skuse(but could be increasingly called upon to play CB)/Williams/Artus/Johnson are the six at the moment, I am not going to include Clarkson as I feel he has goals in him if played further up the pitch.

Definitely an area we need to strengthen, not weaken and for me(I know many of you are going to groan) I would be looking to replace LJ as (1) I don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter and (2) the only time you should be working for your dad is in a family owned business.

"Great post, I completely agree with everything you say."

..blimey, you sound just like my ex-missus! :)

Archived