IGNORED

Hartley

bcfcbs20

yes he is a great player the scholes of the championship if you like but im worried that playing 3 games in just over a week is too much for the bloke he was missing for large parts of the game yesterday and was neither back helping the defence or forward helping our strikers my conclusion he should definitely be rested against carlisle and shouldn't be over used if that makes sense throughout the season

yes he is a great player the scholes of the championship if you like but im worried that playing 3 games in just over a week is too much for the bloke he was missing for large parts of the game yesterday and was neither back helping the defence or forward helping our strikers my conclusion he should definitely be rested against carlisle and shouldn't be over used if that makes sense throughout the season

Agreed. Needs resting through the season, 3 games in a week is too much for him. But who will replace him?

Agreed. Needs resting through the season, 3 games in a week is too much for him. But who will replace him?

i dont know skuse for the tracking back getting stuck in willams for his passing and attacking play or lj as a floater who will do both but not as good as skuse or willams

i dont know skuse for the tracking back getting stuck in willams for his passing and attacking play or lj as a floater who will do both but not as good as skuse or willams

Id personally say Skuse but i think he was looking good as the right sided centre back in the back three before he got injured.

Problem is you wont get a lot of goals from either where as iv noticed although Hartley might not ALWAYS be in the box he tries too alot and pushes Elliott to get forward.

Thought he had a shocker against Cardiff. I do rate him though.

that's what im saying he cant play 3 games a week he should play say on a saturday be rested midweek and be ready to come on if needed so he can play again the following saturday or vice versa depending who were playing

Although I agree a player should be rested, Imagine the outcome of peoples comments if GJ had rested him for the Cardiff Game?

Fair enough, he worked hard against Palace and was one of the only people chasing down QPR's midfield so must have been tired especially because of his age. Wouldnt have minded him being rested but not really a replacement. At least have him on the bench for a bit of experience to get on there.

Fair enough, he worked hard against Palace and was one of the only people chasing down QPR's midfield so must have been tired especially because of his age. Wouldnt have minded him being rested but not really a replacement. At least have him on the bench for a bit of experience to get on there.

who would you want as his replacment then if we continue to play 3 in midfield?

that's what im saying he cant play 3 games a week he should play say on a saturday be rested midweek and be ready to come on if needed so he can play again the following saturday or vice versa depending who were playing

He's not 40 ffs!

Your suggesting that the legs have gone on a bloke who is 33 in a the autumn. He's been a pro footballer since his teens and should be uber fit. Gary Speed was playing in the PL at 36 and in the CCC after that.

Its nonsense to suggest he can't play three games in a week.

He had a poor game yesterday - like most of the City team and now some are pointing to his age as the reason. How do you explain the other 20+ somethings having poor games?

I know - lack of experience..... :disapointed2se:

Guest ashtonyate

Glory be my message is getting home,I have said ever since we signed him that his age would be a concern you cannot cheat old father times.

That said I think he has a great presents on the field and used correctly will be a great asset. I think he needs to be rested and subbed at times,but to do that we need back up who can play the same roll as he does.

I keen youngster who can be nurtured into the roll Hartley plays 20 minuites here and there would be ideal we need to buy or see if any of the academe youngster could make a breakthrough on to the bench.

He's not 40 ffs!

Your suggesting that the legs have gone on a bloke who is 33 in a the autumn. He's been a pro footballer since his teens and should be uber fit. Gary Speed was playing in the PL at 36 and in the CCC after that.

Its nonsense to suggest he can't play three games in a week.

He had a poor game yesterday - like most of the City team and now some are pointing to his age as the reason. How do you explain the other 20+ somethings having poor games?

I know - lack of experience..... :disapointed2se:

so why did he look so tired yesterday then and wasn't running box to box as much as he did in the two previous games he wasn't playing week in week out for celtic so to come here and be asked to play 3 games in a week will affect him and if we want to get the best of him i think he will need to be rested from time to time

Glory be my message is getting home,I have said ever since we signed him that his age would be a concern you cannot cheat old father times.

That said I think he has a great presents on the field and used correctly will be a great asset. I think he needs to be rested and subbed at times,but to do that we need back up who can play the same roll as he does.

I keen youngster who can be nurtured into the roll Hartley plays 20 minuites here and there would be ideal we need to buy or see if any of the academe youngster could make a breakthrough on to the bench.

So, that's it?

Four games in, one poor performance (by everyone bar one or two) and that proves he's not up to playing 90 minutes?

Give players a chance, for god's sake.

He's only 32 not bloody 90. Jeez.

so why did he look so tired yesterday then and wasn't running box to box as much as he did in the two previous games he wasn't playing week in week out for celtic so to come here and be asked to play 3 games in a week will affect him and if we want to get the best of him i think he will need to be rested from time to time

Because we were overrun in midfield.

he still looked tired you can say he is ubber fit etc... but he played 56 games in three years at celtic so to come here and play 3 games in a week will effect him especially playing in a three man midfield

Hartley is a professinal footballer at this level it is silly to say he is unable to play 3 games in a week, he seems a fit player.

If Johnson thought Hartley couldnt play 3 games in a week at the start of the season, he wouldnt of gave him a one year deal, let alone a 2 year one.

Guest ashtonyate
So, that's it?

Four games in, one poor performance (by everyone bar one or two) and that proves he's not up to playing 90 minutes?

Give players a chance, for god's sake.

He's only 32 not bloody 90. Jeez.

Any player can have a bad game but its what he was doing in the game or not doing he was not at the races, his performance lacked so much that he showed over the two games I have seen him play.

I put it down to tiredness if it was not then we have a problem,but I think he looked knackered.

Guest ashtonyate
Hartley is a professinal footballer at this level it is silly to say he is unable to play 3 games in a week, he seems a fit player.

If Johnson thought Hartley couldnt play 3 games in a week at the start of the season, he wouldnt of gave him a one year deal, let alone a 2 year one.

I think that's daft to say that, we signed Adbola about the same age as Hartley is now and Dele would struggle to play 3 games in 8 days.

Agreed - his booking was borne out of frustration, the look on his face and gesticulation immediately after told you everything.

He is going to be a quality signing for us, he can tackle, pass (admitedly a bit off radar at times yesterday), shoot, has skill, and works his wotsits off.

I think that's daft to say that, we signed Adbola about the same age as Hartley is now and Dele would struggle to play 3 games in 8 days.

Adebola played in every game from when he signed in January until the end of the season.

You're saying Hartley looked tired. Presumably he looked significantly more lethargic than everyone else, for that to be a fair observation.

So who showed boundless energy on the day?

Any player can have a bad game but its what he was doing in the game or not doing he was not at the races, his performance lacked so much that he showed over the two games I have seen him play.

I put it down to tiredness if it was not then we have a problem,but I think he looked knackered.

Yesterday I saw signs of Tommy Doherty in Hartley, he looked knackered after 60 minutes and this looked as though it was affecting his game generally. The big problem with Hartley is that he will only get worse with age. His experience, however in my opinion will be key to whether or not we will be battling for a place in the top 6 come May. Hartley has a fantastic eye for a pass that some of our players in the squad could only dream of, for me he is the most technically gifted player in the first team.

Adebola played in every game from when he signed in January until the end of the season.

You're saying Hartley looked tired. Presumably he looked significantly more lethargic than everyone else, for that to be a fair observation.

But to be fair central midifled involves possibly the most amount of running on the pitch.

Strikers do run alot however they only really operate in one half and especially Dele wasnt made to do lots of running in behind.

But to be fair central midifled involves possibly the most amount of running on the pitch.

Strikers do run alot however they only really operate in one half and especially Dele wasnt made to do lots of running in behind.

So everyone showed acceptable energy levels except Hartley in yesterday's game?

Guest ashtonyate

Hartley was bought to lead and show an example to the rest of the team if he has lost his motivation after 4 games then we have a problem.

I say it was playing 3 games in 8 days if you say no then he will be a bad buy we have had to many at this club who in the past performed when they think they will,but I still say its was fatigue.

Hartley was bought to lead and show an example to the rest of the team if he has lost his motivation after 4 games then we have a problem.

I say it was playing 3 games in 8 days if you say no then he will be a bad buy we have had to many at this club who in the past performed when they think they will,but I still say its was fatigue.

Can you answer my question, please.

Archived