IGNORED

Danny Coles

Lordofthebling

I think thats wishful thinking on his part. He's assuming that he'd be forst choice for them now being one of the better teams in the championship. Lets not forget he moved to hull to try and further his career and that never worked out. He ended up back at rovers.

id suggest the main mistake was leaving us for hull. Chances are if GJ had liked him then he may still be a regular centre half for us now. To be honest i dont think the knee injury he got at hull helped him much, he's not really been the same since...

I think thats wishful thinking on his part. He's assuming that he'd be forst choice for them now being one of the better teams in the championship. Lets not forget he moved to hull to try and further his career and that never worked out. He ended up back at rovers.

id suggest the main mistake was leaving us for hull. Chances are if GJ had liked him then he may still be a regular centre half for us now. To be honest i dont think the knee injury he got at hull helped him much, he's not really been the same since...

Correct. It wasn't a failure to secure a transfer to Cardiff that undermined his career: it was his own lack of professionalism at a crucial stage in his development as a player, which was why Brian Tinnion effectively showed him the door, along with Tommy Doherty, who one suspects had an unhelpful influence on Coles' attitude. He is by no means the only talented Academy product who thought he could do better elsewhere and ended up back in League One - or worse.

Goodness me, is Danny Coles for real.......I thought he was from Bristol or surrounding area (?) and comes out in public to state that his biggest regret was that he didn't sign for Cardiff.........we all dislike the Gas, but even this might get up their noses!

Mind you, he really does think he is pretty special, only last Sunday I walked past him in Sainsburys (Emerson Green) and he was strutting around as if he was Ronaldo, although he did side step my daughters late challenge down the produce aisle, but I am convinced that was more luck that judgement!

He is by no means the only talented Academy product who thought he could do better elsewhere and ended up back in League One - or worse.

Perhaps it's not the players, but their agents (boo, hiss) who are to blame. They convince the promising young player that he's too good for a small club like Bristol City and get him looking elsewhere. Of course the agent is only too well aware that every time the player is transferred, the agent gets some cash out of it.

Archived