IGNORED

Guy At The Bottom Of The Dolman?

Jordan Tansley

I was sat by the bloke who said it in the first half. He was voicing his opinions all game and he did suggest that Fontaine should donate some money to charity. Lee Johnson told him not to bother coming to the next game. TBH as many others have said Fontaine had a crap game but then so did everyone in our team.

Someone told Fontaine to donate his wages to charity?

Clearly Fontaine isnt going to do that, but for the crap team performance, not just Fontaine, that doesnt seem an unreasonable request.

And LJ's response is to tell them not to come back? While the game, meanwhile, was going on.

An inappropriate response at an inappropriate time, I would say.

I was near a similar incident in the 2nd half, so presumably different to yours - but also involving LJ, having an argument with someone while the game was going on. LJ may well have had a point, I dont know, but I do think players need to be more professional and focused during the game.

Someone told Fontaine to donate his wages to charity?

Clearly Fontaine isnt going to do that, but for the crap team performance, not just Fontaine, that doesnt seem an unreasonable request.

And LJ's response is to tell them not to come back? While the game, meanwhile, was going on.

An inappropriate response at an inappropriate time, I would say.

I was near a similar incident in the 2nd half, so presumably different to yours - but also involving LJ, having an argument with someone while the game was going on. LJ may well have had a point, I dont know, but I do think players need to be more professional and focused during the game.

this incident happened after the game when fonts clapped the dolman stand.

this incident happened after the game when fonts clapped the dolman stand.

No it didnt, not the one I'm talking about. It happened with about 20 minutes to go.

After the game, LJ went for more words with that person - they ended up shaking hands, down near the EE. Then, LJ walked up the side of the Dolman where Fonts and Carey were having words with a small group. For some reason LJ decided to get involved in that one too, but Carey pulled him away.

No it didnt, not the one I'm talking about. It happened with about 20 minutes to go.

After the game, LJ went for more words with that person - they ended up shaking hands, down near the EE. Then, LJ walked up the side of the Dolman where Fonts and Carey were having words with a small group. For some reason LJ decided to get involved in that one too, but Carey pulled him away.

I'm commenting on the incident this thread is about. shockingly.

you said in your post that LJ spoke to the person in question at the bottom of the dolman during the match, he didn't. it happened at the end of the game.

LJ had every right to, because the bloke seemed to get much more aggitated once LJ came... :fastasleep: LJ deserves plaudits for the way he handled it, top little man he is.

you said in your post that LJ spoke to the person in question at the bottom of the dolman during the match, he didn't. it happened at the end of the game.

LJ had every right to, because the bloke seemed to get much more aggitated once LJ came... :fastasleep: LJ deserves plaudits for the way he handled it, top little man he is.

To clarify what I saw with my own eyes.

- With 20 minutes to go, someone shouted out something to LJ, who turned around and, while the game was going on, had a go at the bloke, who was sat about 4 rows from the front of pitchside.

- After the game, LJ came back down to talk to the same guy (down towards the EE). They ended up shaking hands.

- Subsequently (ie by now 3/4 minutes after the end of the game) LJ walked up the side of the Dolman towards where Fonts and Carey were having a discussion with a small group. LJ went to get involved, Carey pulled him away, LJ walked away clapping the fans.

That's what I saw, not sure if that contradicts what you saw.

As for whether LJ "is a top little man", I wouldnt disagree, however I do not think he should have been geting invoved, a he did, while the game was going on.

Apologies Nick J, I read your original post wrongly clearly!

Maybe he shouldn't get involved, But he shouldn't really be getting the opportunity to do that! why are fans saying things to our players that are provoking a negative reaction? in what way does that constitute support?

Apologies Nick J, I read your original post wrongly clearly!

Maybe he shouldn't get involved, But he shouldn't really be getting the opportunity to do that! why are fans saying things to our players that are provoking a negative reaction? in what way does that constitute support?

Dont dsagree with you, however the players are supposedly professionals and should know that some supporters will get behind the team nonstop as no doubt you do, while some will just be moaning bastards.

LJ and all the players should recognize that. I saw LJ give the old 2 fingered salute to a group of City fans at Orient a few years ago when he was brought off, so he doesn't seem to have learnt - IMO.

I personally would never abuse players while the game is going on because I agree with you that positive support no matter how badly they are playing is the way forward if we want them to play better.

how are we in trouble!?

I would understand if we had 10 points deducted for administration, all our players were leaving us and we hadn't scored yet this season

In reality we've only lost 1 in 4, yes it was a poor-performance, but you name one club in any division that will go the whole season without playin poorly...

We are in trouble and serious trouble at that. In our last 15 league games we have won only THREE games lost 7 and drawn 5. That is 14 points, If we continue with form like this and times them 15 games by 3 then then that would leave us with 42 points from 45 games which if that was in one season we would be facing relegation. There is problems at AG and they need to be sorted out urgently instead of just sweeping them under the carpet. Normally I am a very positive person but even I can see there is problems like lack of width due to having no proper wingers, No creativity, Lack of goals and last night we didn't even have ONE shot on goal. When you struggle to have a shot on target against a league one side who are 17th in the table then there is massive problems. Following Sundays shambolic display I expected a response from our players, To not have a single shot on goal really is a kick in the teeth to us fans especialy the ones that attended tonight and they should be refunded. I am so glad I got stuck in traffic and missed te game because if I had witnessed what sounds like a disgracful performance then I would be seething.

I understand every team has bad performances but for us it is happening all to often and ther must be a reason for that, negitive tactics possibly? Lack of squad harmoney? The wa we change our system depending on the opposition? I am firm believer in play to your strengths and play your prefered tactics and let he opposition worry about what you have to offer. But what we seem to do is change our tactics to try and exploit weaknesses in the oppisition but that then leaves us clueless if the oppo change there tactic or come playing a different system than expected.

1st all I want to agree that last night was very poor, but to all those fans that were having a go at the players can I ask 2 things:

1) Have you never had a bad day at work?

2) Did you then donate your money to charity because you did such a poor job?

To point out LF and LJ for having poor games is unbelieveable they were probably 2 of our better players in a poor bunch last night, what about Gavin Williams who was awful, John Akinde (MOM your having a laugh), Danny Haynes, Cole Skuse and the list goes on and on.

We were terrible last night and I think GJ & KM realise this hence the 'training session' after the game!!!!!

1st all I want to agree that last night was very poor, but to all those fans that were having a go at the players can I ask 2 things:

1) Have you never had a bad day at work?

2) Did you then donate your money to charity because you did such a poor job?

To point out LF and LJ for having poor games is unbelieveable they were probably 2 of our better players in a poor bunch last night, what about Gavin Williams who was awful, John Akinde (MOM your having a laugh), Danny Haynes, Cole Skuse and the list goes on and on.

We were terrible last night and I think GJ & KM realise this hence the 'training session' after the game!!!!!

1) Yes, and when I do the customers has the right to complain !

2) No, but then Im not on 5-10k per week !

No exscuses last night the team were terrible.

Why rest Maynard ? its the start of the season 4 competitive games in and Johnson rests him ! Then bring on a defender up front when we have a 10k a week striker rotting in the reserves that is bad management by any ones standards.

I pray Im wrong but I can see a big defeat on Saturday unless the attitude of the players bucks up.

• Admin
. . . why are fans saying things to our players that are provoking a negative reaction? in what way does that constitute support?

On a similar note, how many other people's customers would put up with such poor quality and not voice their concerns ???

Not sure why everyone always seems to think footballers are above criticism, as long as its not personal they should appreciate that supporting the team is not cheap and that when they put in another poor performance, there are going to be unhappy supporters.

Have to argue with you there Tanzleyred. Lee Johnson was having a debate with 2 Dolman fans during the game. I was sat not far away. At the end of the game the two guys walked to the edge of the pitch as Johnson was making his way towards them, they all then shook hands. I left the goround at 11.15 last night and there was a lock in of all the players. They were all out on the pitch at 10.30pm training!!

It was a dire performance and Carlisle were better than us in every department. The game is now over and we should all concentrate on the Middlesborough game and get behind the team. Come on you Reds....................

we all agree it was pathetic. question is, does that justify 'fans' singling out our players individually to abuse them. if you think it does, you have a different definition of support to me.

I'm not a c***, but i have singled out players for stick before.

I wasn't at the game last night, so don't know how 'bad' this particular abuse was, but i don't see anythig wrong with it.

As i've got older, if i'm watching a bad performance, i'll stick it for as long as i can (a la Doncaster away 4 years ago) then i'd rather leave then let myself get anymore upset and angry.

This is probably wrong as well.

• Admin
It was a dire performance and Carlisle were better than us in every department. The game is now over and we should all concentrate on the Middlesborough game and get behind the team. Come on you Reds....................

Have to agree with Kate, as bad as last night was (and taking the banter from colleagues this morning is not helping), its in the past, we all need to pull together, get behind the lads and get AG8 rocking and take 3 points against M'Boro.

Lee Johnson behaved like a tool.

I sit in the same block where the incident happened, Johnson was by the touchline and the ball whent out of play, naturally many were unhappy as we'd played crap and were 1 down, some comments were made regarding the general crap we'd be subjected too and Johnson thought it would be wise to walk over and start telling people to shut up and be quiet and sit down!? As a result many more fans got involved telling Johnson to do one, with this he made a quick exit and strted clapping like a seal trying to conduct the fans? .

I mean the audacity of the little man to feel aggrieved because paying supporters were unhappy with a crap performance and wanted to voice it. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

I guess Lee worked out in the following 20 mins or so that he shouldn't of said what he did so he came across on the final whistle apologising and shaking hands.

Lee Johnson behaved like a tool.

I sit in the same block where the incident happened, Johnson was by the touchline and the ball whent out of play, naturally many were unhappy as we'd played crap and were 1 down, some comments were made regarding the general crap we'd be subjected too and Johnson thought it would be wise to walk over and start telling people to shut up and be quiet and sit down!? As a result many more fans got involved telling Johnson to do one, with this he made a quick exit and strted clapping like a seal trying to conduct the fans? .

I mean the audacity of the little man to feel aggrieved because paying supporters were unhappy with a crap performance and wanted to voice it. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

I guess Lee worked out in the following 20 mins or so that he shouldn't of said what he did so he came across on the final whistle apologising and shaking hands.

LJ shouldn't even have been on the pitch to make those comments by that time. Terrible.

well, anyone remember benny's time in charge here?

how many did wolves stick past us?

anyone remember Pulis? how many times did we not even bother turn up?

we did also get completely ruined 7-1 by swansea...

such drama queens

not good times however GJ has set high standards and they have not even come close to being met

in the last two games, i'm not saying get rid of GJ i just hope he puts a rocket up the players backside

to get us back on track, early days yes but people paid money to watch that last night and it was dreadful,

i can take getting knocked out of the cup but not by the manner we did so at the hands of carlisle at least put some effort

in to being beat, never mind lets have a different story to tell vs boro.

not good times however GJ has set high standards and they have not even come close to being met

in the last two games, i'm not saying get rid of GJ i just hope he puts a rocket up the players backside

to get us back on track, early days yes but people paid money to watch that last night and it was dreadful,

i can take getting knocked out of the cup but not by the manner we did so at the hands of carlisle at least put some effort

in to being beat, never mind lets have a different story to tell vs boro.

£10... doesn't even buy you a 12" pizza... its not exactly a fortune and i only earn £300 a month...

£10... doesn't even buy you a 12" pizza... its not exactly a fortune and i only earn £300 a month...

Something tells me your not an adult. Take your pizza and try and replace that with mortgages, bills, council tax, tv licence gas elec fuel, kids. Need I go on. Grow up. :disapointed2se:

Something tells me your not an adult. Take your pizza and try and replace that with mortgages, bills, council tax, tv licence gas elec fuel, kids. Need I go on. Grow up. :disapointed2se:

I suppose Sherlock Holmes' job is at risk then...

whatver you're overheads, ten pounds isn't a fortune, that was my point. so before you get all "you're young you dont understand anything" bullshit, how about you read the post how it was intended.

the comparison was between the cost of last nights match ticket and something from everyday life. I'm sure if you had a pizza that tasted **** you wouldn't spend a whole day on a forum moaning about how that lost tenner is going to make you lose your house and kids?

but of course, I'm a "kid". so my opinion or thoughts on the overall value of ten english pounds are irrelevant.

I suppose Sherlock Holmes' job is at risk then...

whatver you're overheads, ten pounds isn't a fortune, that was my point. so before you get all "you're young you dont understand anything" bullshit, how about you read the post how it was intended.

the comparison was between the cost of last nights match ticket and something from everyday life. I'm sure if you had a pizza that tasted **** you wouldn't spend a whole day on a forum moaning about how that lost tenner is going to make you lose your house and kids?

but of course, I'm a "kid". so my opinion or thoughts on the overall value of ten english pounds are irrelevant.

If you paid a tenner for a Pizza and it tasted like a sack of $h1t you would simply withdraw your custom from that particular pizza parlour - certainly for a while anyway. Luckily for BCFC , football fans put up with all sorts of crap before they withdraw their custom. So rather than withdraw their custom they come on here and have a little moan which is surely far better than 5,000 punters turning up at AG or Failand this morning telling GJ how it is!!!

not clever thing to say.

£10 quid for me is alot of money as i could use that to pay for the bus to get my daughter to her grandma's rather then watching that sh!te!

what worries me is, i took my 5yr old son last night, thinking, its his first game this season, were playing carlise, were in the EE, im doing the halftime compition thing, we should win!!!

lets just say he wanted to go home after 20 minutes!!!! :noexpression: we left after the second goal and he said "Daddy.....that was rubbish"

so how does it help any younger fans or there families to come and spend there money, albeit 10 quid, at city when they play like that!

i've wasted £50 pound on city in the last 3 days and have seen two VERY POOR displays, if we dont picked it up quick and get some wide players in, i fear it will be a long season!

Archived