IGNORED

Has Johnson Lost The Dresing Room

tower crane red

:city::grr: has johnson lost the dressing room

,some of the players dont seem to want to play for him after tonights shambollick display.

is it time to start looking for a replacement for johnson.

the football is poor and negative

the tactic's plan A or big man and woooooooooosh.

is it a case of in johnson we no longer trust. :city:

,some of the players dont seem to want to play for him after tonights shambollick display.

Lets not go to crazy. Tonight was cr@p but he's got to be given the rest of the season for me.

Gary Johnson comes across as a manager, who does not tolerate anybody in the squad disagreeing with him. If any player disagrees with Johnson then the impression I get is their off without a second chance.

Jog on.

Gary Johnson comes across as a manager, who does not tolerate anybody in the squad disagreeing with him. If any player disagrees with Johnson then the impression I get is their off without a second chance.

I believe your right. And unfortunately, some times (tonight for example), his attitude and some of his bulls*it beliefs, cost us games

What is his record with by the way ?

What Johnsons?? why do people keep bringing up the past? its hear and now we should be talking about, and the season ahead.

The last time a manager of ours went into a match without a striker on the bench....and we lost, said manager was lynched!

Can you explain to me, why any manager would go into any game, with SEVEN subs, and not one striker amongst them, whilst a £1m striker is sat at home?

What Johnsons?? why do people keep bringing up the past? its hear and now we should be talking about, and the season ahead.

The last time a manager of ours went into a match without a striker on the bench....and we lost, said manager was lynched!

Can you explain to me, why any manager would go into any game, with SEVEN subs, and not one striker amongst them, whilst a £1m striker is sat at home?

is that true that we had no striker on teh bench what so ever? God that really is bad. Johnson may not like Trundle but to not put him on the bench when clearly he would be better than having no strikers on the bench is clearly a joke and if he in injured and I was SL I would be caling GJ into my office and asking him to explain.

is that true that we had no striker on teh bench what so ever? God that really is bad. Johnson may not like Trundle but to not put him on the bench when clearly he would be better than having no strikers on the bench is clearly a joke and if he in injured and I was SL I would be caling GJ into my office and asking him to explain.

Yep no strikers, and Akinde and Haynes started up top. When changes were made, McCombe came on up front

It seems to me that the player power mentality is creeping back in to the club again, lets play crap and we can get the manager sacked.

Could this be the case, It happend when Tinnion was manager, and there have been others from other clubs through out the four divisions, if this is the case then where do we go from here ???????????????

It was the carling cup ffs.

I dont give to sh*ts about this cup, I admit. If we had played well, but had lost to two goals say, on the break...then fair enough.

This wasnt the case though, it sounds like we were dreadful, and judging by what friends have told me who were at the game, this was even worse then Sunday.

Im not concerned about this cup, what does concern me is that, under Johnson, we used to follow a bad performance with a battling one, players used to play with pride, passion, determinsation and the attitude of "lets prove the doubters wrong". This doesnt seem to be the case this year, or last year at that.

So far this season, Ive seen the Ajax game (forget this, it was Ajax), the Wycombe friendly, Palace, QPR and Cardiff lague games, and none of these have impressed me. People keep harping on about the first 45 minutes agains tQPR, yeah it was good, but certainly not the amazing football some people are making out. It was still 0-0 at half time??

This club is making giant strides off the pitch, Lansdown is doing a magnificent job.....on the pitch though, we have stuttered and, in some cases started to go backwards

You say that like it's a nothing cup, it's big money for a club like ours we are not man u.

as for this thread GJ has lost the dressing room. This could be true as big players for the dressing room have been kicked out.

plus you can only bully people for so long till they sick two fingers up to you.

I dont give to sh*ts about this cup, I admit. If we had played well, but had lost to two goals say, on the break...then fair enough.

You don't care about this cup, yet care about how we play in it. odd. More sensible folks would just like to affored injury and tired legs.

This wasnt the case though, it sounds like we were dreadful, and judging by what friends have told me who were at the game, this was even worse then Sunday.

Im not concerned about this cup, what does concern me is that, under Johnson, we used to follow a bad performance with a battling one, players used to play with pride, passion, determinsation and the attitude of "lets prove the doubters wrong". This doesnt seem to be the case this year, or last year at that.

Cardiff was terrible, but the important thing is how we bounce back against boro. The Carlisle fixture doesn't even register

So far this season, Ive seen the Ajax game (forget this, it was Ajax), the Wycombe friendly, Palace,two friendlies QPR a winand Cardiffbad times indeed and none of these have impressed me. People keep harping on about the first 45 minutes agains tQPR, yeah it was good, but certainly not the amazing football some people are making out. It was still 0-0 at half time??

This club is making giant strides off the pitch, Lansdown is doing a magnificent job.....on the pitch though, we have stuttered and, in some cases started to go backwards Where are we going backwards. Indeed, if we are going backwards over what sort of timescale.

C'mon moomin, that is what city fans say whenever we get knocked out of a cup :winner_third_h4h:

The fact is we needed to get Cardiff out of our system and put in a performance. Instead we sunk to the level of a Sunday league team and ended up playing so badly that fans were booing and utterly frustrated.

And it is worth bearing in mind that these were all genuine fans. I have seen a lot of threads criticising the fans from a lot of people that themselves, couldn't be arsed to pay a tenner on a gloomy Wednesday evening.

If the fans booing were in a packed house, you could conclude it was mainly non-regulars who weren't entertained enough with their prawn sandwiches, but, that wasn't true of the fans their last night.

I fortunately only watched 18 minutes of the game; it was the most frustrating 18 minutes I have seen for a very long time and it was at the end of the game when City should have been pushing hard, but, just didn't seem interested or capable.

C'mon moomin, that is what city fans say whenever we get knocked out of a cup :winner_third_h4h:

The fact is we needed to get Cardiff out of our system and put in a performance. Instead we sunk to the level of a Sunday league team and ended up playing so badly that fans were booing and utterly frustrated.

And it is worth bearing in mind that these were all genuine fans. I have seen a lot of threads criticising the fans from a lot of people that themselves, couldn't be arsed to pay a tenner on a gloomy Wednesday evening.

If the fans booing were in a packed house, you could conclude it was mainly non-regulars who weren't entertained enough with their prawn sandwiches, but, that wasn't true of the fans their last night.

I fortunately only watched 18 minutes of the game; it was the most frustrating 18 minutes I have seen for a very long time and it was at the end of the game when City should have been pushing hard, but, just didn't seem interested or capable.

In fairness I said this before Brentford.

IF we play as badly against Bror than we did against Cardiff then I can see some point in some of the utterly hystericle posts, but as ever this forum has gone from very posative to very depressed in a very short period.

A win Saturday and the tired "where are the moaners now" posts will appear, a defeat and let the wrist slitting commence

There is always a reason excuse, its only the league cup, it was the fans lack of support, it was our missing players, it was the ref, we did get promotted, believe, :disapointed2se:

The reason was in fact THE MANAGER his team, his tactics, his job to get it right he failed big time, we lost, and were total rubbish from start to finish :disapointed2se:

Moomin

I dont care about this cup as we will never win it, but I do care about how we play. Whats so odd about that? at this point in the season, its all about building momentum, and building confidence amongst the squad, and the fans.

As ive said before, what concerns me is that this City team have no fight in them, no determination at all. At one time we were used to a Johnson team who, after a bad result, would normally follow it up with a gritty, determined, blood and guts win....or at least performance. This was missing last season, and its certainly missing this season so far.

Its important that players with limited ability have this attitude. I still say thats the reason we got in the Pray-offs that season. Not solely because of our footballing ability, but our team spirit and never say die attitude. We dont have the players that your Newcastles, West Broms and Sheffield united have.....now we dont even have the fighting spirit they have.

By all means, sit back, lets all live by comments like "its on the Carling Cup" or "look where we were 4 years ago...".....but as I said, we keep living in the past, we will be back there before you know it

I didn't mention four years ago, but as you bring it up it'll be interesting to see what people said when we lost to Cheltenham a round earlier.

The clubs moving forward, the 7 figure investment in a training facility last year, a new stadium planned at great expense. Things are coming together, it isn't cheap to assemble a decent and deep championship squad and live within your means, it is little wonder we stuggle when a few players are out.

It's nothing to do with the past, it proves he's a good manager in the present.

Clarkson was ill, Maynard rested/injured Trunds was the only other option & he doesn't appear to be part of the managers plans.

It's nothing to do with the past, it proves he's a good manager in the present.

Clarkson was ill, Maynard rested/injured Trunds was the only other option & he doesn't appear to be part of the managers plans.

So going with no strikers on the bench what so ever, and McCombe as our emergency cover, was a good idea??

I certainly don't think it is the time to get rid of Johnson, neither will it be if we lose the next game, or the games after that.

However, the fact that Millen apologised for a "lack of effort" is absolutely shocking, and the management have to take their fair share of the blame if some of the squad are unwilling to try.

I certainly don't think it is the time to get rid of Johnson, neither will it be if we lose the next game, or the games after that.

However, the fact that Millen apologised for a "lack of effort" is absolutely shocking, and the management have to take their fair share of the blame if some of the squad are unwilling to try.

nobody is saying it is

Behave phanton, we don't even sell out for big games in it. The money it makes is a drop in the ocean, if it makes much at all.

No, but a potential 3rd round clash shown live on television might have given us a better option than having to scrape the bottom of the triallist barrel with Vincent Pericard.

Archived