IGNORED

Bcfc 0 Carlisle 2

Mr Mosquito

OK, I wasn't at the game tonight but let's get this BCFC 0 Carlisle 2 league cup fixture into perspective. We aren't going to win every game we play and all I and most of us are interested in is promotion to the Premier League. Victory against Middlesborough this Saturday is what really matters.

OK, I wasn't at the game tonight but let's get this BCFC 0 Carlisle 2 league cup fixture into perspective. We aren't going to win every game we play and all I and most of us are interested in is promotion to the Premier League. Victory against Middlesborough this Saturday is what really matters.

More chance of the team being led onto the pitch by Lord Lucan riding Shergar on the last two selections and performances.

It was the manner of the defeat, rather than the defeat itself, which was the problem.

You are bang out of order. People paid to watch that rubbish tonight and it is very easy of you sat at home to brush off a performance that left many with the raving hump!!! At this moment I see nothing other than a home defeat looming on Saturday, even with better players coming back.

You are in for a lot of disappointment if all you are interested in is promotion to the Premier League, because that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

• Admin

Only the Carling Cup - well we've been scalped by a lesser team and have now missed out on the chance of a lucrative tie against one of the big boys.

I remember being squeezed into Ashton Gate along with nearly 30,000 others for the League Cup semi final V Forest, thats what a cup run is all about, we've consistently failed for a period of years now to make any decent money or give the supporters a day out at a top club, due to our early exit from cup games.

I'm afraid I can see another trouncing I'd say 2 nil to Middlesborough, as we aren't scoring many goals at the moment. The real worry tonight is that we didn't get a goal back against League One opposition, let alone against Championship sides.

You are bang out of order. People paid to watch that rubbish tonight and it is very easy of you sat at home to brush off a performance that left many with the raving hump!!! At this moment I see nothing other than a home defeat looming on Saturday, even with better players coming back.

I remember when top flight Arsenal were banged out of the league or FA Cup or whatever by fourth division Wrexham. There was hysteria in the press and Arsenal managed to win the league Championship and FA Cup a few years after. Let's look at the bigger picture, we're in with agood shout of promotion to the top flight with the players we now have. There's also still the FA Cup to play for. :whistle2:

So true!

You can forgive some things, but this was a competitive match with something riding on it, not a pointless friendly.

I didn't see the Cardiff game, but the totally dire and clueless performance we had to watch tonight makes me worried that there is a real problem down at the Gate. That isn't a knee jerk reaction, as I'm not given to those, but for well paid professionals to produce performances like that is inexcusable. Of all the outfield players, Marve looked like the only one who was really trying to compete.

Hopefully the players will be up for the game against Boro, because if they produce a repeat of tonight, we're in for one hell of a stuffing.

I remember when top flight Arsenal were banged out of the league or FA Cup or whatever by fourth division Wrexham. There was hysteria in the press and Arsenal managed to win the league Championship and FA Cup a few years after. Let's look at the bigger picture, we're in with agood shout of promotion to the top flight with the players we now have. There's also still the FA Cup to play for. :whistle2:

Not even a long shot. We will be mid table at best unless we bring in a replacement for McIndoe and a powerful forward, dump the stupid wingback formations and start picking players in the correct positions.

Hopefully the players will be up for the game against Boro, because if they produce a repeat of tonight, we're in for one hell of a stuffing.

I reckon the effort was being saved for the Middlesborough game. If so this is a good strategy because what really matters - in so far as taking this club a leap forward - is promotion to the Premier League.

I reckon the effort was being saved for the Middlesborough game. If so this is a good strategy because what really matters - in so far as taking this club a leap forward - is promotion to the Premier League.

saved effort? You can't guarentee everything in any league, so I very much doubt that GJ laid in bed last night and thought ''you know what, we'll lose to Carlisle on purpose and win against 'Boro, happy days.''

saved effort is practically losing on purpose

saved effort? You can't guarentee everything in any league, so I very much doubt that GJ laid in bed last night and thought ''you know what, we'll lose to Carlisle on purpose and win against 'Boro, happy days.''

saved effort is practically losing on purpose

What really matters to me and most others is the result this Saturday against Middlesborough. Concentrate on what we can win - promotion. Winning promotion is far more valuable to this club than a semi final appearance in the league cup where we'll probably be knocked for six by the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal. We've got to be realistic.

What really matters to me and most others is the result this Saturday against Middlesborough. Concentrate on what we can win - promotion. Winning promotion is far more valuable to this club than a semi final appearance in the league cup where we'll probably be knocked for six by the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal. We've got to be realistic.

Yes your right, but at least try eh!? We should be beating the likes of carlisle with no disrespect to them. I thought we had moved on since our promotion from league one so then tonight to turn up and firstly not beat carlisle but to barely compete with them!? With your idea why cant we progress 2 or 3 more rounds and then lose 3-0 at old trafford or something like that. And dont say it would disrupt this massive promotion campaign wer apparently going to go on because Burnley were minutes away from a semi-final place.

well if we win promotion, we'll lay all 4 of those clubs twice, so thats getting knocked for six eight times isn't it?

Promotion is something we can win yes, but if we are going to challenge for it we need to be beating sides like Cardiff, and i agree with you that the 'Boro result will knock us into reality. If we win 1 or 2-0 and play them off the park then there is no reason why we can't put a big fight, if we lost 1 or 2-0 and get played off the park at our own pitch then we need to sort something out.

Albeit we got beat up by Reading last year, and they crashed and burned toward the end of last year, and home draws were too familiar for us

well if we win promotion, we'll lay all 4 of those clubs twice, so thats getting knocked for six eight times isn't it?

Promotion is something we can win yes, but if we are going to challenge for it we need to be beating sides like Cardiff, and i agree with you that the 'Boro result will knock us into reality. If we win 1 or 2-0 and play them off the park then there is no reason why we can't put a big fight, if we lost 1 or 2-0 and get played off the park at our own pitch then we need to sort something out.

Albeit we got beat up by Reading last year, and they crashed and burned toward the end of last year, and home draws were too familiar for us

Trust me, we need to sort something out, and now while there is still time.

The early indicator of the eventual success we may achieve this season will be at home against Middlesborough. They're just down from the Premier League and will be looking to bounce straight back up. If we can beat them on Saturday this club will be well capable of being back in the top flight next season.

goblin, i went to the game tonight and even sat in the dolman looking for a different perspective on things fan wise and atmosphere wise as lets be honest there has been so much bull shit posted on here from every subject it is unreal,

however tonight the fans were good and tolerant but ffs carlisle were in cruise control!!! city were shit, sorry they were

and just don't spin it, just sort it out and quick as the worm will turn.

sat there tonight in shock, not by the result but how easy they did it with no fight back.

The early indicator of the eventual success we may achieve this season will be at home against Middlesborough. They're just down from the Premier League and will be looking to bounce straight back up. If we can beat them on Saturday this club will be well capable of being back in the top flight next season.

That is a very big "if" based on the last two performances. Still, hope springs eternal.

goblin, i went to the game tonight and even sat in the dolman looking for a different perspective on things fan wise and atmosphere wise as lets be honest there has been so much bull shit posted on here from every subject it is unreal,

however tonight the fans were good and tolerant but ffs carlisle were in cruise control!!! city were shit, sorry they were

sat there tonight in shock, not by the result but how easy they did it with no fight back.

Spot on, viewed from the Williams to; no excuses we have problems big ones; wake up everybody stop looking for reasons face the facts.

What I'm personally interested in is our league performances. We were unlucky not to win at Preston, we beat our bogey plastic Cockney/Cockney clubs Palarse and QPR at home but were undone at Baaaadiff. That Middlesborough game is what I'm interested in and I suspect that it's the game our management and players were really thinking about tonight against Carlisle.

Yes but what gives you the impression we will beat boro ?

The way i look at it, Preston should have trounced us but didn't, we nearly got a very lucky win.

Palace we were the better side but it would have been much more difficult had Sears goal counted.

QPR, for 45 mins we absolutely battered them, but failed to score and only made 1 real chance, second half comes and they get on top, we get a good goal from a half chance and create 1 further good chance.

Then the real Test, a side that will almost definately be in or around the top six his season, QPR wont be and neither will palace, infact i'll go as far to say as neither will be even close to the top 6.

We get torn apart and made to look like a team from league 1, Cardiff were so much better than we were it was untrue. The system we play looks a complete shambles and we have to **** around with it and it still fails.

Tonight in some ways was and should have been more important than Saturday. It was a chance to show that it was a one off on sunday, that the systems we have at our disposal can work, the result wasn't the important thing, the performance was. We had the players back to play our first choice system the 3-5-2, if we had lost in the normal cup manner, absolutely battered them but just couldn't score and they nick a cheeky goal then fine, but tonight the much coveted 3-5-2 was a complete shambles as a system, so we switch to the trusty 4-4-2 which is even worse, then as desparation we go 4-3-3 and we somehow get even worse.

My point is that if a destinctly average league 1 side can easily counter and eat up our system of choice, and as Cardiff showed us the 4-3-3 looks incredibly weak, and we've sold the only player who can make a 4-4-2 possible (blackman looked a waste of space in left midfield when he came on he's clearly a full back.) what is there to suggest that a very good boro side are not just going to expose our system and eat it for breakfast as we have no tangible plan B other than hoofball which we are shit at.

The players were poor, but the system was worse, and thats what worries me.

I fear letting McIndoe go may have been an enormous mistake.

I

That is a very big "if" based on the last two performances. Still, hope springs eternal.

I believe we lost 1-5 to Manchester United at home in 1905 in our first game of the season then we went on to get promotion to the top flight. People were moaning about Alan Dicks after a few games in 1975 and we eventually won promotion back to the top flight. Hope springs eternal when there's precedent. :innocent06:

What I'm personally interested in is our league performances. We were unlucky not to win at Preston, we beat our bogey plastic Cockney/Cockney clubs Palarse and QPR at home but were undone at Baaaadiff. That Middlesborough game is what I'm interested in and I suspect that it's the game our management and players were really thinking about tonight against Carlisle.

thing is mate the players that played last night should be chompin' at the bit to keep that place in the team

for league games and stake a case to play against boro but it was not the case the team display was awful,

a lot of booo's in the dolman.

How can people say there not interested as its ONLY the carling cup and nor is the club?

This is a cup competition that SL obviously wanted to do well in, so much so they he paid out of his own pocket the travel of the fans to Brentford as he wanted good support and a good cup run, his words not mine, and i for one will think hell be slightly dissapointed about last nights performance.

thing is mate the players that played last night should be chompin' at the bit to keep that place in the team

for league games and stake a case to play against boro but it was not the case the team display was awful,

a lot of booo's in the dolman.

If we win against Boro on Saturday then the Carlisle Cup defeat will be forgotten. If we lose then Gary Johnson and Co could come under some real pressure with that making 3 consecutive defeats. Looking at the team sheet against Carlisle, we were missing a few key players - with those players back in the side for Saturday we're well up for beating Boro.

If we win against Boro on Saturday then the Carlisle Cup defeat will be forgotten. If we lose then Gary Johnson and Co could come under some real pressure with that making 3 consecutive defeats. Looking at the team sheet against Carlisle, we were missing a few key players - with those players back in the side for Saturday we're well up for beating Boro.

Seem to remember 10 ,yes thats TEN successive defeats back in 2005/2006.Dumped out of three cups.

Ipswich 6 0

Swansea 7 1

PRIDE is why it matters. This team appears not to be playing with it at present.

Gary j has a second honeymoon for this season.But,It would appear that individual differences are getting in the way of team spirit.

Funny isnt it, but Burnley 3 0 last game of the season really pissed me off as well...........Nothing to play for apparently?

Funny isnt it, but Burnley 3 0 last game of the season really pissed me off as well...........Nothing to play for apparently?

Burnley then went on to get promotion and they've already beaten Man U this season. Burnley beating Man U was a far greater shock to the football world than us losing to Carlisle in the Carling Cup.

Burnley then went on to get promotion and they've already beaten Man U this season. Burnley beating Man U was a far greater shock to the football world than us losing to Carlisle in the Carling Cup.

Indeed ,it was the last game of the season and i think we had a say in their destiny.It certainly felt as if we 'rolled over'.The point i'm attempting to make is with regard to the effort put in in a professional football match wearing the shirt of the City. The next thing is w'el be accused of Bad Sportsmanship.Although i dont see carlisle complaining just yet!

Archived