IGNORED

Bcfc 0 Carlisle 2

Mr Mosquito

The next thing is w'el be accused of Bad Sportsmanship.

:rolleyes: I get the idea that all Baaaaadiff and those border Carlisle Scotsmen will accuse us of is 'Good Sportsmanship'. Anyway, I'm well pleased with the 7 points from 4 league games so far and another 3 against Boro on Saturday will get me thinking of promotion in May. :icecream:

I reckon the effort was being saved for the Middlesborough game. If so this is a good strategy because what really matters - in so far as taking this club a leap forward - is promotion to the Premier League.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these excuses about 'saving effort'. We should be going out to win every game, it's pathetic that a club like ours is dismissing the cup. We are not Man United, we're Bristol City and we won't be anywhere near promotion this season. A cup run would do wonders for the club - financially, and it'd give us all something to get excited about. You think it'd raise the players' games, but apparently they couldn't give a toss last night, and quite frankly, I'm sick to death of exiting the cup in the first/second round. Another meek performance in the FA Cup come January and we'll be looking at a bottom-half finish with nothing else to play for.

This team is NOWHERE NEAR top 6. It's closer to the bottom 6 of this division, and many more performances like the last 2 and we will be fighting to stay in the league, not going out of it the other way.

These players are on good money and should be putting in 100% every game, that's what they wear the red shirt for.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these excuses about 'saving effort'. We should be going out to win every game, it's pathetic that a club like ours is dismissing the cup. We are not Man United, we're Bristol City and we won't be anywhere near promotion this season. A cup run would do wonders for the club - financially, and it'd give us all something to get excited about. You think it'd raise the players' games, but apparently they couldn't give a toss last night, and quite frankly, I'm sick to death of exiting the cup in the first/second round. Another meek performance in the FA Cup come January and we'll be looking at a bottom-half finish with nothing else to play for.

This team is NOWHERE NEAR top 6. It's closer to the bottom 6 of this division, and many more performances like the last 2 and we will be fighting to stay in the league, not going out of it the other way.

These players are on good money and should be putting in 100% every game, that's what they wear the red shirt for.

Another valid point is that a few key players were missing for the Carlisle game due to illness and injury. I'm not usually one to defend a poor cup result but I reckon we've got a big chance of getting promotion over the 46 games if as many key players are fit for these games as possible. We would have been promoted last season had we won all our drawn games instead of drawing them. We really aren't far off promotion, here's the valid excuse for the Carlisle game...

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1779684,00.html

Another valid point is that a few key players were missing for the Carlisle game due to illness and injury. I'm not usually one to defend a poor cup result but I reckon we've got a big chance of getting promotion over the 46 games if as many key players are fit for these games as possible. We would have been promoted last season had we won all our drawn games instead of drawing them. We really aren't far off promotion, here's the valid excuse for the Carlisle game...

That first eleven that started last night should have won, and easily! No disrespect to carlisle. We were awful! Please stop defending the result with promotion is our aim as we should be beating the likes of carlisle if we are capable of going up to the prem.

Yes but whats the valid excuse for them that played performed turned up oh sod it, them that were there running around

Yes but whats the valid excuse for them that played performed turned up oh sod it, them that were there running around

Another fact is the fact that Gary Johnson is not a cup manager. He's always excelled - where he has excelled - at getting promotion here and at Yeovile. We'll be in with a good chance of actually winning the League Cup if we can get into the Premier League and get our playing staff up to top flight standard.

Guest churchill gaffer
OK, I wasn't at the game tonight but let's get this BCFC 0 Carlisle 2 league cup fixture into perspective. We aren't going to win every game we play and all I and most of us are interested in is promotion to the Premier League. Victory against Middlesborough this Saturday is what really matters.

We are not going up

The win could have given us a big money fun tie!

Once again we keep ignoring the cup games

Another fact is the fact that Gary Johnson is not a cup manager. He's always excelled - where he has excelled - at getting promotion here and at Yeovile. We'll be in with a good chance of actually winning the League Cup if we can get into the Premier League and get our playing staff up to top flight standard.

THATS NOT THE POINT!

You still expect us to beat a team like carlisle's, or at least compete, but we were shocking. Absolutely awful!

Anyway didnt his yeovil side play liverpool and beat them or something? Im unsure but maybe.

Please please pleasee! Stop trying to defend our performance last night! It wasnt up to it and although yes, i could cope with losing to carlisle if we at least fought it out, we lost horrificily. Carlisle must have been shocked at how easy they had it.

Well to me its all football, be it league, cup, friendly's whatever, 11 men each side kicking a ball around and doing their best to beat the other lot, if Joe S was manager last night that lot would either be blindfolded and up against a wall or on a slow boat to a gulag by now. :bruce_h4h:

THATS NOT THE POINT!

Stop trying to defend our performance last night!

I'm not defending the performance last night. I'm defending the point that our priority should be promotion not the cup competitions. We've got a great chance of getting top flight football if only we can get enough points from the other 23 Championship teams. That should be this club's focus.

Red Goblin,

While I'm not denying the greater importance of league results in the grand scheme of things, one can't simply dismiss what happened last night as being of no consequence. For one thing, a win could have resulted in a tie against Premier opponents and a nice little windfall. Ask Steve Lansdown whether he thinks that matters.

However, as a number of people here have tried to point out, it was the performance, rather than the result, that really concerned those who were there. It had to be seen to be believed. I was at the game myself. I assure you I'm not given to gross exaggerations, but I have to tell you that City were absolutely, jaw-droppingly abysmal. Check out GJ's and Millen's comments in the EP: I think you'll find they're consistent with what I've just written.

We've got Boro (as you keep reminding us) on Saturday. We were truly scarily bad against Carlisle. Anything remotely resembling last night's display will se us get ripped to shreds on Saturday. If you aren't worried by that, I would respectfully suggest you should be.

That first eleven that started last night should have won, and easily! No disrespect to carlisle. We were awful! Please stop defending the result with promotion is our aim as we should be beating the likes of carlisle if we are capable of going up to the prem.

No disrespect to you Alfi but I think you're beng slightly OTT if you think that eleven should've beaten Carlisle easily.

Plenty of experience in their line up and I thought they played well. We started off OK but got gradually worse when we couldn't break them down.

Football is an entertainment business, if you don't entertain you don't get the customers. It's also about winning, if you don't win, you don't get customers.

We should be looking to win every game (regardless of whether it's the cup or not) in an entertaining manner.

Yes we'll lose a few along the way, thats the nature of football when you're not the best in the entire Country, but so long as we give it our all and try to win playing entertaining football, thats all I ask.

Last night we didn't have any entertainment or a win! It was the most shocking performance since GJ early days.

I'm not defending the performance last night. I'm defending the point that our priority should be promotion not the cup competitions. We've got a great chance of getting top flight football if only we can get enough points from the other 23 Championship teams. That should be this club's focus.

Although promotion is always the priority as I have said in other recent posts losing is as much of a habit as winning.

At the moment our habit is to lose and although I admire your optimism we need to get real

Of the last 15 games played at this level or 45 points played for, we have taken just 16 points. That Goblin is hardly the form to take us to the next level.

OK 11 of those last 15 games are from last season and the squad has changed dramatically, at least it was recognised that that needed to happen.

What troubles me though more than anything is the fact that although the preffered formation should be an entertaining one I don't think we have the personel to play it.No one can honestly tell me that Maccer and Orr are wingbacks.

Since the sale of Mcindoe and the release of Adebola and the lack of similar replacements we now don't have the personel to play a more conventional 442 and I believe it should be a priority to replace these two with something better than Pericard and Quincy.

So at the moment talk of promotion or even playoffs is pure pie in the sky and now not even a reasonable run in a cup, that could of favoured us, with so many of the big boys putting out their second string, I can't believe that so many on here seem to be so matter of fact regarding last nights result.

We now have a tough run of games and confidance must be very low, I'm hoping for a win on Saturday of course and will be there backing them as usual but I wish we would all just face the facts as they are. If we take nothing from the next 3 we will be plummeting in the wrong direction and once down there its difficult to get out of, ask Newcastle.

With a new stadium iminent it is vital that the team on the pitch keep moving forward, can we honestly say that we are continuing to do that,right now I'd bight yer hand off for a mid table finish.

No disrespect to you Alfi but I think you're beng slightly OTT if you think that eleven should've beaten Carlisle easily.

Plenty of experience in their line up and I thought they played well. We started off OK but got gradually worse when we couldn't break them down.

At last Sir, a sensible account. :winner_third_h4h: I remember us only just being able to beat Carlisle in the last 10 minutes at the Millenium Stadium when Danny Wilson was our manager. I just can't believe the reaction of some of the posters on here to the result. We fielded a weakened side that got beat by two well worked goals, it's not the end of the world.

At last Sir, a sensible account. :winner_third_h4h: I remember us only just being able to beat Carlisle in the last 10 minutes at the Millenium Stadium when Danny Wilson was our manager. I just can't believe the reaction of some of the posters on here to the result. We fielded a weakened side that got beat by two well worked goals, it's not the end of the world.

We were only a couple of players down; and should have at least adequete cover for them, we have not which does not bode well.

Gj said the youth team would of faired better :disapointed2se:

Well to me its all football, be it league, cup, friendly's whatever, 11 men each side kicking a ball around and doing their best to beat the other lot, if Joe S was manager last night that lot would either be blindfolded and up against a wall or on a slow boat to a gulag by now. :bruce_h4h:

:worship2: I reckon Uncle Joe would have been more interested in discussing the use of valuable Gulag space for the various overpaid banking, legal and political Toffs that blight our country. Even Uncle Joe understood the principle that an improving organisation sometimes suffers reversals - you have to go back to go forwards at times. Apart from the relative stagnation of last season we've seen a season upon season improvement under Gary Johnson.

I just remember our bottom of Div 1 status and the lunacy that Gary Johnson inherited with various players out on the lash and getting had up in court for petty misdemeanors. We've come from that bollux to where we are now in just a few years.

:worship2: I reckon Uncle Joe would have been more interested in discussing the use of valuable Gulag space for the various overpaid banking, legal and political Toffs that blight our country. Even Uncle Joe understood the principle that an improving organisation sometimes suffers reversals - you have to go back to go forwards at times. Apart from the relative stagnation of last season we've seen a season upon season improvement under Gary Johnson.

I just remember our bottom of Div 1 status and the lunacy that Gary Johnson inherited with various players out on the lash and getting had up in court for petty misdemeanors. We've come from that bollux to where we are now in just a few years.

I reckon all our squad was on the lash - yesterday afternoon!!! They played like it anyway.

Although promotion is always the priority as I have said in other recent posts losing is as much of a habit as winning.

At the moment our habit is to lose and although I admire your optimism we need to get real

Of the last 15 games played at this level or 45 points played for, we have taken just 16 points. That Goblin is hardly the form to take us to the next level.

OK 11 of those last 15 games are from last season and the squad has changed dramatically, at least it was recognised that that needed to happen.

What troubles me though more than anything is the fact that although the preffered formation should be an entertaining one I don't think we have the personel to play it.No one can honestly tell me that Maccer and Orr are wingbacks.

Since the sale of Mcindoe and the release of Adebola and the lack of similar replacements we now don't have the personel to play a more conventional 442 and I believe it should be a priority to replace these two with something better than Pericard and Quincy.

So at the moment talk of promotion or even playoffs is pure pie in the sky and now not even a reasonable run in a cup, that could of favoured us, with so many of the big boys putting out their second string, I can't believe that so many on here seem to be so matter of fact regarding last nights result.

We now have a tough run of games and confidance must be very low, I'm hoping for a win on Saturday of course and will be there backing them as usual but I wish we would all just face the facts as they are. If we take nothing from the next 3 we will be plummeting in the wrong direction and once down there its difficult to get out of, ask Newcastle.

With a new stadium iminent it is vital that the team on the pitch keep moving forward, can we honestly say that we are continuing to do that,right now I'd bight yer hand off for a mid table finish.

Some excellent points well put. In the press releases the new BCFC signing always seems to be stating that he wants to be playing for City in the top flight. The club is being positive and so should we be. I still reckon we're well on track for a top flight return and soon. Don't forget that you can get an AK47 with the purchase of any new truck as per the link below. Without the AK47 we're subjects but with the AK47 we're citizens !!!!! :winner_third_h4h: ......

Some excellent points well put. In the press releases the new BCFC signing always seems to be stating that he wants to be playing for City in the top flight. The club is being positive and so should we be. I still reckon we're well on track for a top flight return and soon. Don't forget that you can get an AK47 with the purchase of any new truck as per the link below. Without the AK47 we're subjects but with the AK47 we're citizens !!!!! :winner_third_h4h: ......

Thanks Goblin but my variety of AK47 is more likely to be found in the cafes of Amsterdam if you get my drift

Thanks Goblin but my variety of AK47 is more likely to be found in the cafes of Amsterdam if you get my drift

'Northern Lights' available from most cafes in Amsterdam is my favourite. Anyway, back to topic......

League Cup round 2: BCFC 0 Carlisle 2 - so what?

...followed by.....

Championship: BCFC 2 Boro 1

Surely, taking 3 points from our potential main promotion rivals is more important than the League Cup ???!!! :icecream:

'Northern Lights' available from most cafes in Amsterdam is my favourite. Anyway, back to topic......

...followed by.....

Surely, taking 3 points from our potential main promotion rivals is more important than the League Cup ???!!! :icecream:

what you chatting about purple haze all the way

anyway from what it's worth you were right about the league cup

what you chatting about purple haze all the way

anyway from what it's worth you were right about the league cup

Northern Lights, Purple Haze AK47 all good and yeh does make the Carling Cup pale into insignificance, note to self, roll a fat one before any future cup games and the result won't matter either way

Northern Lights, Purple Haze AK47 all good and yeh does make the Carling Cup pale into insignificance, note to self, roll a fat one before any future cup games and the result won't matter either way

Also, uncontrollable laughing, incoherent chat and spots before the eyes and the ability to walk into and bounce off the plate glass windows of burger bars. :winner_third_h4h: That was my trip in Amsterdam in one sentence. :tumbleweed:

For me, our league campaign makes the Carling Cup pale into insignificance. Our last 5 league games represented some really tricky fixtures and we've got 10 points from them. That to me is automatic promotion form.

...followed by.....

Now - after the Boro victory the Carlisle disgrace does seem to pale into insignificance but at the time everyone who was there was shocked at just how dreadfull City were that night.

Maybe such a shocking display did reap some benefits in the end and I wonder whether City would have beaten Boro on Saturday had they strolled past Carlilse on Wednesday night.

Now - after the Boro victory the Carlisle disgrace does seem to pale into insignificance but at the time everyone who was there was shocked at just how dreadfull City were that night.

Maybe such a shocking display did reap some benefits in the end and I wonder whether City would have beaten Boro on Saturday had they strolled past Carlilse on Wednesday night.

I reckon the return of Paul Hartley and Nicky Maynard to the side on Saturday made the biggest difference. To me a league cup run is an unwelcome distraction to our league campaign so I wasn't bothered in the slightest about losing and how we lost. Anyway, is this your cat? He's a Red and he's very observant :dancing6: ......

securedownloadxcd.jpg

I reckon the return of Paul Hartley and Nicky Maynard to the side on Saturday made the biggest difference. To me a league cup run is an unwelcome distraction to our league campaign so I wasn't bothered in the slightest about losing and how we lost. Anyway, is this your cat? He's a Red and he's very observant :dancing6: ......

securedownloadxcd.jpg

i know what you have bern typing in google search you dirty dirty man :ph34r:

Archived