IGNORED

Amidst The Gloom...

CliftonCliff

This surprised me slightly, but according to the BBC's football site, we haven't lost a home league game since 20 December 2008, when we were beaten by Burnley. Since then, we have apparently played 13, winning 7 and drawing 6. Doesn't feel like that, does it?

I have been on anti-depressants since Wedneaday evening, but this made me feel ever-so-slightly better. In these times of anxiety and despair, I thought you might like to know, if you didn't already.

Confident about Boro now? No, I didn't think so. Oh well, I tried...

This surprised me slightly, but according to the BBC's football site, we haven't lost a home league game since 20 December 2008, when we were beaten by Burnley. Since then, we have apparently played 13, winning 7 and drawing 6. Doesn't feel like that, does it?

I have been on anti-depressants since Wedneaday evening, but this made me feel ever-so-slightly better. In these times of anxiety and despair, I thought you might like to know, if you didn't already.

That is quite shocking actually. Im racking my brains looking for another loss sure that isn't correct. Ah well, well done us! :L

We will still lose tomorow :innocent06:

It's not like our best players were playing v cardiff or carlisle.

And the players that were playing v carlisle couldn't give a toss it was highly evident.

We will play A LOT better tomorow than we did on wednesday with better players and those players will actually care about the result.

Oh dear.....

Boro are the only club in the football leagues not to concede a goal yet this season...... :noexpression:

I remember us turning them over 3-0 in 1990 on a cold and wet December(?) afternoon. Can't remember who scored other than Wayne Allison who notched the 3rd. I'll settle for a repeat of that tomorrow.

Also remember us being cheated up at Ayresome Park the same season as well I think when we should have won 2-1 but lost 2-1 after the ref refused to give us either of 2 blatant handballs,they broke and scored! We could have got in the play offs were it not for that.

Memories, hey!

It's not like our best players were playing v cardiff or carlisle.

And the players that were playing v carlisle couldn't give a toss it was highly evident.

We will play A LOT better tomorow than we did on wednesday with better players and those players will actually care about the result.

Well said, nice to see some optimism.

Bet 365 have City at 9-4 both for the win & draw, gotta be worth a punt on either.

Also remember us being cheated up at Ayresome Park the same season as well I think when we should have won 2-1 but lost 2-1 after the ref refused to give us either of 2 blatant handballs,they broke and scored! We could have got in the play offs were it not for that.

On Easter Monday 1991, Notts. County were beaten 3-2 followed by the fixture at Middlesborough who had the same points as City. Bob Taylor scored in the second minute, but 'Boro equalised before the interval. In the final minute of the game, City appealed for a penalty when a home defender clearly handled the ball in his area, but the referee allowed the game to continue. Their 'keeper punted the ball upfield and with a desperation shot a forward volleyed it on. The shot hit a post and went in for a 2-1 home win. Although City might not have been ready for promotion, three more points would have seen them sixth. Perhaps that referee's decision at Middlesborough had a greater effect on the club's fate than was seen at the time as the next few years would be relegation fights.

Well that's a welcome stat and one i hope holds us in good stead tomorrow. I feel we will see a pumped up set of players tomorrow and their pride (and ours) will be restored with a victory.

Archived