IGNORED

What Happened In The Ee

bcfcbs20

CH, would it not be possible for the Club to impose an age restriction on the block by the netting? Keep the kids way from there and it may help.. just an idea, and it would take some work by the stewards to enforce it, but it may be an option to stop the kids ruining everyone else's fun. I am normally at the back of G block, but would happily go over by the netting if the kids were not there (and the singing was slower..) Maybe Forza needs to move to behind the goal..

The thing is, the netting kids get in the ground at 1.30, forza stumble in at 3.05, by which time any area behind the goal would be full.

But dont you think taunting the away fans adds to the drama and enjoyment of matchday?

To be honest, no I don't.

I couldn't really care less about the opposition fans.

I want to watch football and support my team.

(Actually I wonder how much of the game some people actually see, as they seem to spend so much time looking and gesturing at the opposition fans.)

When you concede, the other fans give it large, and when you score you give it large, thats part and parcel of the game, or at least it is for me. I enjoy being segragated from the other fans, and singing and supporting the team as one.

Sing and support as much as you can. The other fans are are only doing the same, so why the need for abuse?

Just like I love it on away days when your outnumbered as its almost a challenge to outsing the home fans, and abuse them.

Yes it is a challenge to outsing them. I don't see the need to abuse them though, or for them to abuse us.

I see you've questioned where the line is on banter buit I really do think football without this, would be less dramatic. I'm sure we all have friends that are Rovers fans, and on matchday your right, there not enemies, but they are opposition, opposition who you want to beat! And I wish people would stop referring to the West Ham Millwall incident, it was the first major incident for a long time and should not be used as an appropriate comparison for standard games!

It may well have been the first major incident for a long time, but conflict between fans happened regularly two or three decades ago. It's that which has resulted in restrictions in how we enjoy our match days, e.g. segregation in grounds, restrictions on where you can eat and drink before a game, and even, God forbid, bloody 'bubble matches'.

Taunting and gesturing out of coach windows, as happened last Sunday, is hardly helping to lift 'bubble match' restrictions.

Why not just forget the abuse and intimidation of the opposition fans and enjoy a good day out for the main reason, watching and supporting your own team?

Or is that just the ramblings of an old man?

Im 46 years old and started going in the East End in the early 70s. I swapped my season ticket from the Dolman when the East End opened again for season ticket holders, because i wanted to sample an atmosphere at the Gate again, just like the rest of us in there. What i object to, is people trying to ram the atmosphere down our throats. I love the singing and chanting, but will do it when i want to, i still want to watch the game aswell. At the end of last season and the beginning of this, ive had people telling me to "sing up you ****". This is totally out of order and against everything i think the East End stands for.

I aint no shrinking violet, but if i have a pop back and it causes trouble, the East End will be seen in a bad light again. I dont know what the answer is, but if it continues, we will lose the "East End spirit".

Im 46 years old and started going in the East End in the early 70s. I swapped my season ticket from the Dolman when the East End opened again for season ticket holders, because i wanted to sample an atmosphere at the Gate again, just like the rest of us in there. What i object to, is people trying to ram the atmosphere down our throats. I love the singing and chanting, but will do it when i want to, i still want to watch the game aswell. At the end of last season and the beginning of this, ive had people telling me to "sing up you ****". This is totally out of order and against everything i think the East End stands for.

I aint no shrinking violet, but if i have a pop back and it causes trouble, the East End will be seen in a bad light again. I dont know what the answer is, but if it continues, we will lose the "East End spirit".

Could you elaborate and state exactly where you sit/stand when you got this abuse and if possible the average of of those involved.

Sorry but who the **** are you? Ch and others got that stand open, for likeminded folk to get together and support the lads in a proactive manner. The groups you mention have 3 other stands to go in. Now I got no time for people like danc being a cock, but at the same time these people are probably there for the cheap tickets.

If we don't have people like ch, north street, flaxy ect trying to organise the stand it'll be another atyeo.

I was in there when season tickets were full price and there was just 250 of us The price of season tickets needs to be in line with those in the Atyeo or under 18 tickets need to have there price raised and those that do still pay it will hopefully understand the value of there season ticket and thus wouldn't want to lose it or failing that it will just reduce the amount of them.

Can you please explain why you are calling me a cock on a public forum? Is it because I never play the drum, Never even touch it and never carried it down the front and never played it down there?

I was in there when season tickets were full price and there was just 250 of us The price of season tickets needs to be in line with those in the Atyeo or under 18 tickets need to have there price raised and those that do still pay it will hopefully understand the value of there season ticket and thus wouldn't want to lose it or failing that it will just reduce the amount of them.

Can you please explain why you are calling me a cock on a public forum? Is it because I never play the drum, Never even touch it and never carried it down the front and never played it down there?

From your oddly worded argument with Marie, which of course is a side issue from the point of this thread, the netting. Cock is slightly hars I agree.

The thing is, the netting kids get in the ground at 1.30, forza stumble in at 3.05, by which time any area behind the goal would be full.

The kfc normally get there about 2.15 - 2.30, sometimes later depending how many cans of natch they pitch from the shop and how busy the swings are in the park. Could Forza not leave the pub a little earlier for a game or two and see how it goes? I cant see it changing any other way.

We also need to get the old songs going and sing them for longer, I havent heard the Dando song once yet this season... :disapointed2se:

There is a mixed bag of Eastenders for sure from the "attension seekers" by the net to fathers and sons who just want to enjoy the atmosphere and join in when they feel like it.

The "engine room" boys and gals who have moved heaven and earth to get life back to the gate would certainly be missed if they ever walked away.

The Eastend is in its last few years of existance and will soon be no more I hope all can RESPECT everyones reasons for being there and join in the common aim :fingerscrossed:

In reply to you Redtucks, I agree that some people do seem to watch the away fans more than the game, and that seems ridiculous, but I personally enjoy the chanting/abuse or whatever you want to call it with the opposite fans. I understand what your saying though and I'm sure not everyone does enjoy it! And no its not the ramblings of an old man, just another viewpoint I guess!

Archived