IGNORED

Alvaro Saborio

LocoPal

Within days, they define the future of striker Alvaro Saborio. His representative, Horacio Patani, is in England doing everything possible to link the front with a British team and so close the chapter with the Swiss team FC Sion.

The decoupling of the essence of Costa Rica in the coming days it will start to close enrollment periods in the Old Continent.

Alvaro Saborio plays in Switzerland since 2006 and is expected this week has got some good negotiation to continue in European football as he returns to work with the Tricolor.

i got this from another site so could be some truth

Couple of months ago he scored a nice goal for Costa Rica v USA. The 1st goal in this video 79 secs into the game, Costa Rica won 3-1 and are currently top of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifying league with double the points that Mexico have. He is their #9 and not a bad side at all.

Is he better than Anichebe, Bednar or Killen? whadya all reckon ?

I've been told it would be a very good signing, I'm just wondering (if true) when we would announce him, he has two games coming up (which would also give us a chance to take another look, I've watched Costa Rica a few times this year) but maybe things won't be official until after these games, just incase he gets crocked!

They are home to Mexico Saturday then away to El Salvador the following Wednesday.

• Admin
I've been told it would be a very good signing, I'm just wondering (if true) when we would announce him, he has two games coming up (which would also give us a chance to take another look, I've watched Costa Rica a few times this year) but maybe things won't be official until after these games, just incase he gets crocked!

They are home to Mexico Saturday then away to El Salvador the following Wednesday.

If we want him to play for us before January then he'll have to sign tomorrow today.

If we want him to play for us before January then he'll have to sign tomorrow today.

What I thought, but then thought maybe not because of the loan, ah sorry because he's still coming from a UEFA team right.

Anyway, he is joining the national team tomorrow so will not be at the gate and this just in below says because of payment problems the move has only been allowed today!!!

This looks on, nice. :winner_third_h4h:

Alvaro Saborio play at Bristol City

San Jose / ACAN-EFE .- Costa Rica striker Alvaro Saborio will play this season at Bristol City in England's second division, where he arrived from Switzerland Sion, a source informed sports today.

Professional Players Association of Costa Rica (Asojupro) said in a statement that he got Saborio be linked to Bristol City after making representations to the Sion team that did not have the player.

The front remained serious problems with the Swiss club's board and his coaching staff, who came to delay payment of some wages and marginalized to a lower division team, prompting a protest from the Asojupro.

The association sent a letter to FIFA that caused the Sion pay back wages to the player a week ago and today his departure has allowed the English club on loan.

Saborio, 27, is one of the scorers in the selection of Costa Rica and is planned for next Saturday's game against Mexico in San Jose and Sept. 9 at El Salvador as a visitor, for the final hexagonal Concacaf zone toward the 2010 World Cup.

The powerful striker will join the selection tomorrow.

The plight of the national striker Alvaro Saborio finally came to an end, and the last day of transfers in European football, footballer agreed and joined Bristol City on loan to the "Coca Cola Championship League in England . More ..

taken from http://www.futboldecostarica.com/

Full article translated to:

The plight of the national striker Alvaro Saborio finally came to an end, and the last day of transfers in European football, footballer agreed and joined Bristol City on loan to the "Coca Cola Championship League in England .

The "Coca Cola Championship League" is the second division of English football, and his new team now stands in fifth place in the standings, one point behind leaders and fighting for a spot in the Premier League .

Bristol City has faced the problem definition at the start of the tournament, which they hope to resolve with the addition of Saborio, and thus increase their chances of achieving the desired move to the Premier League.

Saborio's debut could be the Saturday 12th at the Coventry City, or the Tuesday 15 against Swansea City.

Sounds like this is happening, we shall wait and see :fingerscrossed:

This thread has gone a bit quiet and no coverage in english press at all yet.

We need to remeber as quality as Sno is that the extra striker is the essential one and this could be a fantastic bit of business.

6ft, scores goals, powerful striker, international pedigree, hopefully it would be a loan with a view to a perm. Looks potentailly like an advance on velika rather than a second choice??

This thread has gone a bit quiet and no coverage in english press at all yet.

We need to remeber as quality as Sno is that the extra striker is the essential one and this could be a fantastic bit of business.

6ft, scores goals, powerful striker, international pedigree, hopefully it would be a loan with a view to a perm. Looks potentailly like an advance on velika rather than a second choice??

Sno could be the striker....

Archived