IGNORED

Trundle Interview

Pie Eater

Hi I just stumbled across this. I think it confirms (like we didnt already know) that Trundle future is over at the gate.

BBc interview

sorry if it has already been posted.

Fair play to Trundle. He could have come out and slagged off Gary Johnson but he kept his views to himself. Interesting to hear him say ' if its not going well after 45 mins you know that theres a chance that you'll get took off, and thats not a nice feeling'. Obviously Johnsons man management skills didn't work with Trundle.

I hope he does well again at Swansea.

good interview, he knows its over here as we all do too.

Sounds like he really didn't like it here, the threat of being subbed after 45 minutes if he didn't do well playing on his mind. I would intepret that as him not really coping with not being No 1 choice game in game out. which in my mind is what he should expect. reputation doesn't/shouldn't guarantee a place. (yes, I know)

interesting then his point about 'competition being good' at swansea, its the same thing, here or there Lee!, lets not forget he didn't cut it at Leeds either and it's not a given that he will back at Swansea.

anyhow, good luck to him, its good to get the situation resolved.

It's a shame LT hasn't worked out as we would have like him to. I think there are several factors in this, he came to the Championship to late, GJ bought the wrong player for his system, to much of a luxuary player and I think the expectations of his £1M price tag and reputed £10k a week didn't help. Saying that I loved some of his cameo performances and wish the man well just a case of the wrong timing for LT and BCFC

Don't forget those two goals against S****horpe in our first season back up here. Gifted player but wasted imo. Would have liked to seen him out wide on the left more. Certainly had the ability to deliver a good ball also believe he played some of his best stuff out wide but there we go..

Don't forget those two goals against S****horpe in our first season back up here. Gifted player but wasted imo. Would have liked to seen him out wide on the left more. Certainly had the ability to deliver a good ball also believe he played some of his best stuff out wide but there we go..

Splitting with his girlfriend probably didn't help LT either to be fair

Fair play to Trundle. He could have come out and slagged off Gary Johnson but he kept his views to himself. Interesting to hear him say ' if its not going well after 45 mins you know that theres a chance that you'll get took off, and thats not a nice feeling'. Obviously Johnsons man management skills didn't work with Trundle.

I hope he does well again at Swansea.

To me, he might just as well come out and said "My heart was never in it at Bristol" which, for those who haven't watched the interview, is what he constantly refers to Bristol CITY as, that in itself is an insult to the club where he has spent the last 2 years.

I wont miss him, Bristol City won't miss him, just wish Swansea were paying all his wages.

To me, (A) he might just as well come out and said "My heart was never in it at Bristol" which, for those who haven't watched the interview, (B) is what he constantly refers to Bristol CITY as, that in itself is an insult to the club where he has spent the last 2 years.

I wont miss him, Bristol City won't miss him, just wish Swansea were paying all his wages.

(A) ...he didnt though did he? (became a little disillusioned with the whole situation eventually perhaps, thats understandale isn't it ?)

(... he came here to do a job, it didnt go to plan for him or for us, these things happen, & his spiritual home was & always wouldve been at Swansea, (just like our Scotty at Reading) - but given the opportunity while playing with us against the Swans he would have put the ball in their net just as eagerly as any striker would.. (Scotty wouldve done the same had he been playing for Reading against us (Bristol) .. oops sorry (City) .. you know what I mean..)

(B) ... OK , but he was playing in Bristol wasnt he?.. (City) .. it wasnt Manchester, or Glasgow.. now he's back at Swansea (City).... everyone knows he wasnt referring to Rovers, (dont they?)... INSULT? - My Arse!!

(blimey, I hope Rooney clarifies his meaning if he ever refers to Manchester without adding Utd everytime he mentions something!..)

Agree its a pity we, Bristol,.. (oops, my bad, 'City') ...still have to pay up while he's out on 'loan' - but there it is, thats life.

Also, although things regrettably didnt work out for Trunds - (clarify -thats Lee Trundle) & Bristol 'CITY' the general respect & lack of any real animosity between our supporters & Truds kinda speaks for itself really...

Good Luck Lee with the rest of your career... (except against us, of course).. :fingerscrossed: .

(A) ...he didnt though did he? (became a little disillusioned with the whole situation eventually perhaps, thats understandale isn't it ?)

(... he came here to do a job, it didnt go to plan for him or for us, these things happen, & his spiritual home was & always wouldve been at Swansea, (just like our Scotty at Reading) - but given the opportunity while playing with us against the Swans he would have put the ball in their net just as eagerly as any striker would.. (Scotty wouldve done the same had he been playing for Reading against us (Bristol) .. oops sorry (City) .. you know what I mean..)

(B) ... OK , but he was playing in Bristol wasnt he?.. (City) .. it wasnt Manchester, or Glasgow.. now he's back at Swansea (City).... everyone knows he wasnt referring to Rovers, (dont they?)... INSULT? - My Arse!!

(blimey, I hope Rooney clarifies his meaning if he ever refers to Manchester without adding Utd everytime he mentions something!..)

Agree its a pity we, Bristol,.. (oops, my bad, 'City') ...still have to pay up while he's out on 'loan' - but there it is, thats life.

Also, although things regrettably didnt work out for Trunds - (clarify -thats Lee Trundle) & Bristol 'CITY' the general respect & lack of any real animosity between our supporters & Truds kinda speaks for itself really...

Good Luck Lee with the rest of your career... (except against us, of course).. :fingerscrossed: .

Do you seriously think he was talking about Bristol the area?

Thanks for setting me straight though. :noexpression:

Do you seriously think he was talking about Bristol the area?

Thanks for setting me straight though. :noexpression:

...f *** me, spell it out or what? ... ( erm, :noexpression: )

No course I didnt think he meant anything other than Bristol CITY (football club) , neither did you or anyone else, that was my point.

I just cant understand why 'some' people ALWAYS feel the need to point out EVERYTIME someone refers to us as 'Bristol' that they should've added the 'CITY' as well...

Why people feel that its some kind of INSULT is pedantic & frankly laughable.. :disapointed2se: (imo).

Generally, when obviously talking about Bristol City related stuff -does it matter? - ie; if I were to mention GJ (thats Gary Johnson btw) on here or just use the first name Gary .. is that an insult of some kind?.. its pretty obvious who we're talking about, & thats all that matters.

(however, COLIN @ Crystal Phallus ... thats an insult - but a bloody good & well deserved one, :) ..fully intended as derogatory. As is the term 'cheats' etc... )

...f *** me, spell it out or what? ... ( erm, :noexpression: )

No course I didnt think he meant anything other than Bristol CITY (football club) , neither did you or anyone else, that was my point.

I just cant understand why 'some' people ALWAYS feel the need to point out EVERYTIME someone refers to us as 'Bristol' that they should've added the 'CITY' as well...

Why people feel that its some kind of INSULT is pedantic & frankly laughable.. :disapointed2se: (imo).

Generally, when obviously talking about Bristol City related stuff -does it matter? - ie; if I were to mention GJ (thats Gary Johnson btw) on here or just use the first name Gary .. is that an insult of some kind?.. its pretty obvious who we're talking about, & thats all that matters.

(however, COLIN @ Crystal Phallus ... thats an insult - but a bloody good & well deserved one, :) ..fully intended as derogatory. As is the term 'cheats' etc... )

The fact that you used Manchester and Glasgow as examples, I think you should spell it out! when have you ever heard of any of the 4 clubs in those 2 cities referred to as Manchester or Glasgow???

The fact that you used Manchester and Glasgow as examples, I think you should spell it out! when have you ever heard of any of the 4 clubs in those 2 cities referred to as Manchester or Glasgow???

...OK so given that we all know theres only OneTeamInBristol (only one football team of note, anyway) is doesnt matter when Trundle or anyone else refers to us as Bristol does it? :) - not as long as we havent got 'funny shaped balls' anyway. So in Bristol theres no ambiguity - whereas in Manchester/Glasgow there would be.

Course, it maybe matters to that minor league outfit up at Horfield when someone mentions Bristol & the Memorial ..erm.. 'Stadium' in the same breath, cos they get all excited -only to discover that the speaker is referring to Rugby.. now thats a problem that we, as a serious force in British football have dont have :city: . Plus having to constantly refer callers to British Gas when they've a gas related problem must get on their nerves a bit too... :)

...OK so given that we all know theres only OneTeamInBristol (only one football team of note, anyway) is doesnt matter when Trundle or anyone else refers to us as Bristol does it? :) - not as long as we havent got 'funny shaped balls' anyway. So in Bristol theres no ambiguity - whereas in Manchester/Glasgow there would be.

Course, it maybe matters to that minor league outfit up at Horfield when someone mentions Bristol & the Memorial ..erm.. 'Stadium' in the same breath, cos they get all excited -only to discover that the speaker is referring to Rugby.. now thats a problem that we, as a serious force in British football have dont have :city: . Plus having to constantly refer callers to British Gas when they've a gas related problem must get on their nerves a bit too... :)

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if if was some halfwit like Claridge calling us Bristol, like you say it happens all the time. But an employee of the football club should know better in my opinion.

Having said that, would I be crying blue murder if one of our players who didn't cost us a million quid and christ knows how much in wages, only to do bugger all except get fat over the summer, called us Bristol? probably not.

What are some of you on about - 'Good luck Lee" this and "Good luck Lee" that!!!!!

Lets face facts - this bloke cost us an absolute fortune and apart from 2 goals against S****horpe, a second half performance against Plymouth and 'that' Playoff goal, what exactly did he do?? NOT A LOT CONSIDERING HE WAS ON MEGA BUCKS. He couldn't even be bothered to get himself fit for the new season by following the summer training/diet plan he was set by the club. Lee Trundle thought he was bigger than Bristol City in the end, particularly in his flashy Bentley - I really hope for his sake he doesn't come back here in Jan given that he has now declared his undying love for Swanea (yet again!!). He so obviously loves being the centre of attention and if those Jack muppets want to idolise him then let them get on with it - they deserve each other.

On a positive note, atleast this whole episode shows how we have progressed as a club in the last couple of years and if Swansea are relying on Lee Trundle to save them then they are doomed.

To me, he might just as well come out and said "My heart was never in it at Bristol" which, for those who haven't watched the interview, is what he constantly refers to Bristol CITY as, that in itself is an insult to the club where he has spent the last 2 years.

I used to get annoyed when we were refered to as Bristol as well, then I realised it just implies that the Gas doesn't exist. :innocent06:

I'd like to see the best Trundle playing for us like he did in his 1st year at AG (a few matches,but doing well)...but if it is not possible ,for 'footballing reasons' or 'bad feelings' , the better choice is letting him go to Swansea,even if the club can't obtain the same money he costed when he arrived in Bristol. And maybe at his 'home' he will perform well. :dunno:

Archived