Sicily **** Off..

bristolcitysweden

Thank's Dolls!

Sand bay is that Avonmouth?

See if I can find it on the map.

Weymouth sounds great.

Cheers

Tommy

No, Avonmouth is basically a port, and an industrial estate. Sand bay is round the corner from Weston Super Mare, (literally if you look on a map)

Weymouth is a very pretty seaside town but does get booked up quite early.

Go to sheep shagger land and to the beaches on the Gower (just beyond Swansea), or on a bit further into Pembrokeshire.

It depends if you like isolated beaches or beaches with towns behind them, although all will be pretty busy in August.

As Dollymarie says, Weymouth is nice, beach ok, but it is a very charming, slightly old fashioned English resort town. Tenby in Pembrokeshire is similar.

Bournemouth has ok beach and good night life (according to my son who went to Uni there).

If you want proper sandy beaches avoid the Bristol channel & North Somerset (Minehead etc)

Wifes agreed on Bristol next August (league start) but where to go on a die hot day?

Weston Super Mare?

Cheers

Tommy

If you're an 'older' chap you might want to try Lynmouth, its a scenic place and nice setting but very quiet, 65 miles from Bristol.

Weston is a hole :surrender:

Weston is a total **** hole full of drug users, and sandbay is no beach the tide is always out and full of crap washed up one end is just grass, and full of Brummies gone to die. like some one else said go up the Gower gorgeous beaches and not over crowed like the beaches this way, why people go to weston, burnham and sandbay I will never know.

• Admin
Best bet if you want to stay in the Bristol area is Sand bay, or if you don't mind going a bit further afield then somewhere like Weymouth.

Sand Bay is just another version of Severn Beach, as for Weymouth, may as well stay in Bristol as there are so many Bristolians that holiday down there it feels like you have never been away

Weston is a total **** hole full of drug users,

What and theres no drug users in Bristol wow impressive !!!!

I lived in Bristol for 27 years and Weston for the last 20 and i know where i would prefer to live..

Dont get me wrong i love Bristol but id sooner live down here its a safer place to live, yes you get the chavs come down here in the summer but they come from places like Bristol and Brum cause trouble and p*ss off back home

And an added bonus theres not many Gas heads living here (well i suppose you could also say that about Bristol as well these days ;) )

you've got the Stockholm archepelego on your doorstep mate! spend your summer there surely?

(I've always wanted to go to the islands, is it too expensive nowadays?!)

Like all citys Stockholm can be expensive if you wan't it to be but it don't have to be that way. In general I would say the price level is similar as in England.

When I go to England I don't wan't to end up with London snobs. I would like to meet good honest people - football fans all around the country.

Stockholm is not expensive (all links in English).

- Fly Ryan from Stanstead to Skavsta Stockholm (100 km from Stockholm)

- Stay a few nights at Af Chapman, a youth hostel ship in the very City centre. It's for all ages. http://www.svenskaturistforeningen.se/en/D...--Skeppsholmen/

- Catch a regular boat (Waxholmsbolaget) http://www.waxholmsbolaget.se/en/default.aspx/ to Finnhamn and stay at the youth hostel there. Again for all ages. http://www.finnhamn.se/ http://www.finnhamn.se/index.php?id=20

- With the regular boats you can go from island to island for a very fair price.

http://www.waxholmsbolaget.se/skargardstra...en/batluff.aspx

Questions?

Cheers

Tommy

with weston red on this one...

weston is great place to visit...

i love it down there! i live up here in the sunny midlands and me and a mate used to spend every other weekend in weston during the 90s.

would come down to watch the city then onto weston for the night and travel back sunday ..happy days .... married know and kids so them days long gone :laugh:

with weston red on this one...

weston is great place to visit...

i love it down there! i live up here in the sunny midlands and me and a mate used to spend every other weekend in weston during the 90s.

would come down to watch the city then onto weston for the night and travel back sunday ..happy days .... married know and kids so them days long gone :laugh:

And Weston has Papa's - quite possibly the finest fish and chips.....IN THE WORLD!!!! Ok, so the only non-english country I've been to is Wales, so I don't think I quite qualify as a globe trotter, but I've never had better fish n chips anywhere else.... and it is the national dish, so you have to indulge, Tommy!!!

And Weston has Papa's - quite possibly the finest fish and chips.....IN THE WORLD!!!! Ok, so the only non-english country I've been to is Wales, so I don't think I quite qualify as a globe trotter, but I've never had better fish n chips anywhere else.... and it is the national dish, so you have to indulge, Tommy!!!

I'll definately head for Papa's :)

Again, thank you all!

Ultimately you should stay in the archipelago for the midsummer celebrations. In 2010 it's on Friday the 25th of June.

It's not daylight for 24 hours in the Stockholm area but supporters who suggest we scored against Swansea / did not see Ross McCormack kick the ball out of Bassos outstretched hand will spot little difference ;)

Cheers

Tommy

Archived