IGNORED

Just Got Back From The Ricoh

cheese

I heard Saborio missed a sitter

was he good aside from that then?

Was that in the second half - it was difficult to see whether it was a sitter cos it was at the far end. But Westwood made a very good save from him in the 1st when I thought he couldn't fail to score. But yes, Saborio was excellent - great touch, great in the air and will get better as he gets used to it cos I thought he looked a little lost sometimes in the first half. Came away excited about the season for the first time in years.

As for Mcindoe, he was, of course, on the ptich but he did his usual flatter to deceive - got in some good positions but never looked likely to hurt us. I thought he would take the free kick near the end and score - football is full of similar stories - but he didn't even take it!!

They're here, they're there, they're every ******* where. Empty seeeeeeats, empty seeeeeeats!

It did make me think though - the Ricoh is a 30,000 seater stadium - they had 16,447 in there - a bigger crowd than we're currently getting. Now, is it quiet because the fans are, or is it quiet because it's only half full? Does that have implications for our own new shiny stadium plans? Have I been drinking too much!!

It did make me think though - the Ricoh is a 30,000 seater stadium - they had 16,447 in there - a bigger crowd than we're currently getting. Now, is it quiet because the fans are, or is it quiet because it's only half full? Does that have implications for our own new shiny stadium plans? Have I been drinking too much!!

I was sitting in the Ricoh this afternoon thinking exactly the same thing. We completely outsang them because we were all together in a concentrated mass.

Are there any plans to have designated areas of our new stadium for people who want to sing so tha we can buy season tickets in the right place? Otherewise we may well be destined for the same fate as Coventry because we too are unlikely to fill the stadium every match - unless we go up of course.....(ahem)

Just back. Have to echo views on Sabario. Absolute class - will be key for us this season.

Sno came on and looked decent but didn't really have much chance to get involved.

As for maynard, he doesn't like tap-in's does he!

Oh, and McIndoe was terrible today. Almost non-existent.

Cheese, no mate you've not drunk to much. I was saying the same thing to the wife as we left the ground today and to be honest it's quite worrying that we could be playing to a half empty stadium in a couple of years unless, we get promoted....

No mate you havent drank too much, this will be a common occurrence every other week at the new ground IF we arent doing well.

One of the main reasons why i'm concerned about a new stadium...........

It did make me think though - the Ricoh is a 30,000 seater stadium - they had 16,447 in there - a bigger crowd than we're currently getting. Now, is it quiet because the fans are, or is it quiet because it's only half full? Does that have implications for our own new shiny stadium plans?

That thought occurred to me as well. The "empty seats" chant was amusing but when the announcer said there were over 16000 in the stadium, it got me thinking that our new one would look pretty empty as well if we don't get a lot more bums on seats. I don't think it helps Cov much that their support seems to be scattered all over the place with loads of spaces between occupied seats.

A draw was probably a fair result though I thought if any team was going to score a second, we looked a bit more likely. We had a good opening 10 mins or so then gave the ball away too much and faded as the 1st half progressed. Much improved second half performance (again!) and apart from a brief spell of pressure from Cov just before added time we were the better side playing some good passing football.

Saborio looks like the type of player we need to lead the attack. Strong on the ball and in the air, with good control and on today's showing a good fitness level. He looked as strong at the end as he did at the start. Sno also looks useful though he wasn't on long enough to make a big impact, but what he did he did well. Thought Hartley looked off the pace a bit today, no doubt a bit tired after his Scotland duties. Full credit to LJ when he replaced him, he did well and got a few tackles and some good passes in.

Brian Wilson again looked not quite up to the wingback role, and I thought we were a lot more solid down the right side when Brad replaced him halfway through the second half.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Maynard's goal was another absolute belter. What a start to this season he is having. He looks worth every penny now!!!

I thought Orr looked shaky when he came on.

He did but even then he was better than Wilson.

It was a good 2nd half performance after a below par first. By the end we should have nicked it but a point is OK after the Middlesborough win.

Saborio looks different class and Sno did nothing wrong when he came on. All looks promising but I do wonder why we don't score or play well in the first half of matches...

He did but even then he was better than Wilson.

It was a good 2nd half performance after a below par first. By the end we should have nicked it but a point is OK after the Middlesborough win.

Saborio looks different class and Sno did nothing wrong when he came on. All looks promising but I do wonder why we don't score or play well in the first half of matches...

I don't think Saborio looked different class but I thought he had a tremendous leap on him.

So to those who went, on first impressions, ability wise would you say we have upgraded on Dele now?

Different sort of player, less bulk but a lot more mobility in terms of twisting and turning and looking to lay the ball off. He doesn't look so tall but wins more headers (well he did today) and was looking to direct them better than Dele seemed to manage. Loads of running in him and quite quick as well. Will tackle back (but like Paul Scholes!) and didn't give the ball away much either. I reckon him and Maynard could form an excellent partnership.

A draw was probably a fair result though I thought if any team was going to score a second, we looked a bit more likely. We had a good opening 10 mins or so then gave the ball away too much and faded as the 1st half progressed. Much improved second half performance (again!) and apart from a brief spell of pressure from Cov just before added time we were the better side playing some good passing football.

Saborio looks like the type of player we need to lead the attack. Strong on the ball and in the air, with good control and on today's showing a good fitness level. He looked as strong at the end as he did at the start. Sno also looks useful though he wasn't on long enough to make a big impact, but what he did he did well. Thought Hartley looked off the pace a bit today, no doubt a bit tired after his Scotland duties. Full credit to LJ when he replaced him, he did well and got a few tackles and some good passes in.

Brian Wilson again looked not quite up to the wingback role, and I thought we were a lot more solid down the right side when Brad replaced him halfway through the second half.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Maynard's goal was another absolute belter. What a start to this season he is having. He looks worth every penny now!!!

Pretty much how I saw the game, though sometimes distribution from the back was a bit too long as it invariably ended with us conceeding posession (though this was pretty much confined to the first half). I would also mention a couple of good saves from Gerkin, one near the end in his bottom right corner was destined for the back of the net.

I was sitting in the Ricoh this afternoon thinking exactly the same thing. We completely outsang them because we were all together in a concentrated mass.

Are there any plans to have designated areas of our new stadium for people who want to sing so tha we can buy season tickets in the right place? Otherewise we may well be destined for the same fate as Coventry because we too are unlikely to fill the stadium every match - unless we go up of course.....(ahem)

To our right, there was a contingent of home fans who had a drummer that kept banging away with absolutely not one of the home fans joining in with him.

Either they've had a enough of the drum (which I don't blame them) or they've completely lost heart with their team. There certainly was enough numbers there if they wanted to make some noise.

Interesting to hear the presenter on Mercia radio on the way home mention that they can't afford any players and the best they're looking to achieve is mid-table. Doesn't inspire confidence in your fans, especially if you've been struggling for the pas few years!

Different sort of player, less bulk but a lot more mobility in terms of twisting and turning and looking to lay the ball off. He doesn't look so tall but wins more headers (well he did today) and was looking to direct them better than Dele seemed to manage. Loads of running in him and quite quick as well. Will tackle back (but like Paul Scholes!) and didn't give the ball away much either. I reckon him and Maynard could form an excellent partnership.

I agree with all that, but I'm worried about many cards he'll pick up this season. At least his suspension for Costa Rica enabled him to debut today, but he's already got his first yellow in a red shirt!

Archived