IGNORED

I'm Left Speechless

leedsred

Just as annoying, when did any other CCC club ever get this sort of 'live text' coverage on the BBC Website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8251871.stm

In addition to the ex Prem love in that this utter crap show is, keep an eye on the amount of coverage the 2 Welsh sides get online, virtually every day there is some full page article on them, especially Cardiff, perhaps BBC Wales believed Sam the sham's shite about them being as big as Barca....

I honestly cannot think of one footballing reason why the BBC have their main presenter (Maniche is it?) on the show. He literally knows fork all about football and even less about football outside the Premier League.

You could tell that him and Claridge were gutted that Coventry didn't turn us over. This show is obviously not going to give us any decent covereage this season and therefore I will stop watching it. Appalling television to be honest.

Maybe its time fans of other 'so called lesser' clubs got together and started emailing our thoughts to the show. I hate to say it but at least the Championship on ITV actually made an effort to be unbiased.

I would, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm not too good with complaints like this. :closedeyes:

Guest AJ Sylvester
I would, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm not too good with complaints like this. :closedeyes:

Didn't someone post about a Facebook group on here recently? If that got a lot of members then it'd be a start.

I honestly cannot think of one footballing reason why the BBC have their main presenter (Maniche is it?) on the show. He literally knows fork all about football and even less about football outside the Premier League.

You could tell that him and Claridge were gutted that Coventry didn't turn us over. This show is obviously not going to give us any decent covereage this season and therefore I will stop watching it. Appalling television to be honest.

The half wits on that show are, effectively, employed by us as BBC licence payers. As one of their employers I'd like to see them dismissed for gross misconduct in unfairly representing our club.

As long as you know who you are it dont matter what other people think of you..no one has a right to claim top spot..except us maybe hehe..knew that ,d get you goin..but seriously get used to it,youre no man utd or leeds or newcastle..youre just an ordinary teamthe better team from a brilliant city who nobody really cares about,so just care about yourselves,ignore everyone else..you ignore us so no problem :tumbleweed:

2 promos for the City of Bristol would suit me and our world cup venue bid just fine.

Complaining gets things done especially if you are a tax payer. I wrote in about holes in the road and 3 days later they came and repaired a 50 yard stretch with new tarmac. Mind you it was in Havana. :noexpression:

I think the prog is fine, it's not Sky or ITV for a start so no ads. To say the beeb dislike City is ludicrous.

Like the pre match shots of players getting off the coach at, say, Hartlepool, to be met by literally tens of autograph hunters. Our own Nicky Maynard was shown yesterday pretending to look interested at some blokes ancient scrapbook.

The e-mail bit is pants, but it ticks the audience participation box I suppose.

I think the prog is fine, it's not Sky or ITV for a start so no ads. To say the beeb dislike City is ludicrous.

Like the pre match shots of players getting off the coach at, say, Hartlepool, to be met by literally tens of autograph hunters. Our own Nicky Maynard was shown yesterday pretending to look interested at some blokes ancient scrapbook.

The e-mail bit is pants, but it ticks the audience participation box I suppose.

My Mrs - being Bristolian like me - isn't happy that the BBC Casualty series may be removed from Bristol to Cardiff. Is there some kind of BBC Toff led witch/goblin hunt being launched against Bristol?

What I found particularly irritating about Claridge this week was the way he went on about the disallowed goal, saying 'what's the difference between that and the goal that goes in?'

Now I take it this was a reference to the Sears 'goal' at AG.

Precisely. What was the difference between the Sears goal being disallowed and the Paul Hartley goal being disallowed for offside (wrong decision) in the same game? No difference. Both were goals ruled out by officials.

Yet how much air time was given to the Sears incident and how much to Hartley's goal in their programme that week?

To add insult to injury I heard Claridge on the radio today summarising the Newcastle game and he asked the commentator if he could clarify the offside rule for him! So not only did he have a poor view of the incident yesterday (the same we all did, from the halfway line), but he criticised the decision without actually understanding the rule!

Last week I posted on here defending him, but this weekend he has been totally out of order.

My Mrs - being Bristolian like me - isn't happy that the BBC Casualty series may be removed from Bristol to Cardiff. Is there some kind of BBC Toff led witch/goblin hunt being launched against Bristol?

There may well be Gobbers, I'm sure the Welsh Taffia are involved.

To be fair we did have it for 20 odd years so it was probably time for a change anyway.

There may well be Gobbers, I'm sure the Welsh Taffia are involved.

To be fair we did have it for 20 odd years so it was probably time for a change anyway.

"the Welsh Taffia" :clapping:

We might find that the most senior Welsh Labour Party Toff and Cardiff City supporter - Lord Neil Kinnock - is the Welsh Mafia Don. :innocent06:

Three words: Radical Format Rethink.

It's a bit clunky, surprised the Beeb haven't featured Venables infamous Pro-Zone board from the ITV Premier League days. It needs less chat and much more game action. To be honest, I'd rather see Geoff 20p present it, make the step up from t'radio.

Maniche? is actually a big Leicester City fan, Claridge is ex Leicester (and every other club mind!!) so expect Leicester to get increasing coverage as the season progresses.

Three words: Radical Format Rethink.

It's a bit clunky, surprised the Beeb haven't featured Venables infamous Pro-Zone board from the ITV Premier League days. It needs less chat and much more game action. To be honest, I'd rather see Geoff 20p present it, make the step up from t'radio.

Right on the money. I would usually regard BBC's sports coverage as superior to that of ITV, but I have to admit that the critics here are correct in this instance. Everything about it looks third-rate and amateur, from the bizarre and ghastly background studio set (who the hell designed that?!), through the format, to the presentation. They need to go back to square one and start all over again from scratch. Soon.

Right on the money. I would usually regard BBC's sports coverage as superior to that of ITV, but I have to admit that the critics here are correct in this instance. Everything about it looks third-rate and amateur, from the bizarre and ghastly background studio set (who the hell designed that?!), through the format, to the presentation. They need to go back to square one and start all over again from scratch. Soon.

I agree it needs a rethink, you almost expect Jed Pitman to come on & try & be funny. They have presumably tried to differentiate it completely from MoTD - which of course they have!

Does anyone know what the general reaction from other clubs fans is?

I'm also getting increasingly frustrated with them asking for Roy Keane's opinion on everything, both on there and on the BBC Sport site.

Another example is here. Adebayor incenses the Arsenal fans by his goal celebration, who do they ask for analysis? That's right, Roy Keane.

Video: Don't ban Adebayor - Keane

one question: did they say the wrong name of the player who gave the assist,like the 'Carle' in the game vs Middlesborugh? Because on Sportitalia,there is the version in Italian,and the commentator talking about the Coventry game said 'assist by Clarke :noexpression: and goal for Maynard (it was chosen as 'goal of the week' )

..talking to a Casualty 'insider' during a location shoot I was told that the Welsh move is far from popular with the Casualty 'crew'.

Appears the whole thing is about money (surprise, surprise,..its costing a fortune to relocate - of taxpayers money, but Aunty Beeb is doing OK financially out of the deal) .. seems its down to things like 'peppercorn' rents for premises etc (funded by quangos like the Welsh Development Agency (& some other body that I cant recall - think Euro funding too) either way the multi million £££'s its costing such agencies is ultimately Tax payers money). The incentive (some would say bribes) packages offered to the Beeb proved irresistable. Was told the amounts involved are huge, & would cause / create a public outcry if all the details were studied/released to & reported by the media.

So the Beeb saves money - licence payers money (hooray!!) - until you realise that its other forms of public expenditure funding it... - tax payers money! (boo, hiss.. !!) .... was told the Welsh quango's involved are awash with money! (our money.. tax payers money boo!!! ) & while cutbacks for essential services are under pressure everywhere - these quango's have no such problems.

I dunno, :dunno: - only repeating what I was told.

the pox ridden BBC are only interested in Manure and Hewllski in the prem, and the Geordie s and Leeds outside. what a surprise. Why do you think Sky Sports has been such a success? Tell the pox ridden BBC, after all we all pay for their ignorant pathetic programmes.

Lets hope that Sky get the Championship programme, and more live games

The BBC abuse their monopoly position every chance they get. and bleat like f *** if they dont win everything

Archived