IGNORED

I'm Left Speechless

leedsred

er...... Nicky Maynard spanks another glorious goal and they talk about a goal which actually did look offside from the angle they showed it at. Both agreeing that it could have been the winning goal. Why would it have been the winning goal it was only the first half???!!

This programme gets bloody worse everyweek.

"I think basically S****horpe did what Palace didn't and that's score" - thanks Izzy....... brilliantly insightful.

Oh now here comes the Leeds moment.... i'm sorry they didn't even play today..... AND why wasn't the other manager spoken to??

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

They have tried to create something that is down to eath, but it just looks and feels amateur.

Its the kind of bad press the Championship and the Coca Cola League's does not need - especially when I am sat there with Chelsea and Liverpool fans and out walks Maniche from what appears to be the toilet - introducing the smiley and person I disagree with faced Claridge - whose hairline really does freak me out.

They have tried to create something that is down to eath, but it just looks and feels amateur.

Its the kind of bad press the Championship and the Coca Cola League's does not need - especially when I am sat there with Chelsea and Liverpool fans and out walks Maniche from what appears to be the toilet - introducing the smiley and person I disagree with faced Claridge - whose hairline really does freak me out.

haha! :clapping:

If Andy Carrol had scored five goals this season in the calibre of the Maynard goals they would be falling over themselves to praise him. As it is, Maynard has virtually been given on credit, I doubt they even know who he is. The show is a joke, their idea of talking about the Championship is chatting about Ipswich and Palace because they have two managers that are famous.

Complete shambles.

If Andy Carrol had scored five goals this season in the calibre of the Maynard goals they would be falling over themselves to praise him. As it is, Maynard has virtually been given on credit, I doubt they even know who he is. The show is a joke, their idea of talking about the Championship is chatting about Ipswich and Palace because they have two managers that are famous.

Complete shambles.

Just to prove this the link into the Ipswich chat went..... "i know we seem to talk about this everyweek steve but......" SO DON'T BLOODY TALK ABOUT IT THIS WEEK THEN!

I have to say i'm really happy about the Football League getting network attention but the programme is dire and i picked up at least a dozen lazy "fact" errors the voiceover people made.

I have just heard it actually on red button SHOCKING stuff really really bad, win the game? With over 45 mintues of football? Have they never seen us play by the way we often come from behind and 2-0 is never game over especially in the first half.

I just enjoy watching the highlights stuff the pundits get em off and give us longer highlights.

They made a fuss over Cech's goal and ignored Nicky's. They played a replay of the disallowed goal from an inappropriater angle and it still looked offside to everyone except them and seemed to suggest that yet again we had been favoured by likening the incident to a "ball crossing a line".

All in all not the beebs finest moment................

Having said all that I think the longer we are off the radar the better. I would rather have this than, "how long can they hold on to Maynard" or the kind of over hype that NUFC and Boro are getting.

You certainly get the impression that City are not the shows favourite club. Claridge in particular has nothing position to say about us. Maynard has scored some spectacular goals this season including yesterdays but gets no mention.

I never stayed up to watch the show but caught up this morning on V box. Glad I just fast forward Claridge.....

It just seems to me no one likes us and no matter what we do just gets pushed to one side and now lets talk about Newcastlle or leeds

As long as you know who you are it dont matter what other people think of you..no one has a right to claim top spot..except us maybe hehe..knew that ,d get you goin..but seriously get used to it,youre no man utd or leeds or newcastle..youre just an ordinary teamthe better team from a brilliant city who nobody really cares about,so just care about yourselves,ignore everyone else..you ignore us so no problem :tumbleweed:

As long as you know who you are it dont matter what other people think of you..no one has a right to claim top spot..except us maybe hehe..knew that ,d get you goin..but seriously get used to it,youre no man utd or leeds or newcastle..youre just an ordinary teamthe better team from a brilliant city who nobody really cares about,so just care about yourselves,ignore everyone else..you ignore us so no problem :tumbleweed:

you maybe a rovers fan but well said i hope both cities prove the media and bookies wrong this year like 3 years ago :)

The program wouldn't look out of place on Cbeebies to be honest. Claridge is just simply useless as a pundit and the two presenters, the bloke and the women in the fish bowl are embarassing.

I tape it and fast forward the talking as I find it so poor even my kids thing it's sh**.

MM

Maybe its time fans of other 'so called lesser' clubs got together and started emailing our thoughts to the show. I hate to say it but at least the Championship on ITV actually made an effort to be unbiased.

It's utter drivel. They mentioned Newcastle within the first 20 seconds of the show even though they weren't playing. If I were a Rovers fan I'd be getting equally p*ssed off about the Charlton/Leeds love in L1.

I think every 'featured' game so far has has a side who've been in the PL at somepoint.. correct me if I'm wrong?

I recorded it last night and all i can say is Claridge - what a tosser!

There were about 5 or 6 highlights in that and they only showerd the goals and there dissalowed 'goal'.

What about Saborio's glorious chance in the first half which i have no idea how Westwood saved it. Or when he rounded the keeper at the other end. Or the set pieces where McCombe had one or two quality chances to head us in front.

Granted they had chances but that game didnt have just three 'highlights'.

Like many on here i too am becoming increasingly frustrated with this programme and its presenters. Each week we seem to get dismissed, the main presenter is a numpty as is the woman reading out the emails. As for Claridge I don't know how he could say that the second goal would have killed the game, that's just ridiculous. The sooner he's replaced the better because he doesn't have a clue what this league is about.

What I found particularly irritating about Claridge this week was the way he went on about the disallowed goal, saying 'what's the difference between that and the goal that goes in?'

Now I take it this was a reference to the Sears 'goal' at AG.

Precisely. What was the difference between the Sears goal being disallowed and the Paul Hartley goal being disallowed for offside (wrong decision) in the same game? No difference. Both were goals ruled out by officials.

Yet how much air time was given to the Sears incident and how much to Hartley's goal in their programme that week?

This programme gets bloody worse everyweek.

I agree, more should have been said about City's well worked goal from the brilliant chest down by Saborio to the execution by Maynard. A real class goal. I was a bit disappointed when the Coventry manager just scratched his nose instead of going all the way by picking then flicking the bogey at the BBC interviewer. The programme is crap and the Toff girl with the double barrel name would be more appropriate on a Toff horsey type show than a football show.

Its utter bollocks, like everything else produced by bbc sport on tv. Normally radio 5 is worthwhile, but they choose to take one of it's worst components in savage, to co-host a debut show.

I don't watch it since suffering the first couple of shows, so as I have sky I watch the football league review, that puts the bbc crap to shame.

I agree, more should have been said about City's well worked goal from the brilliant chest down by Saborio to the execution by Maynard. A real class goal. I was a bit disappointed when the Coventry manager just scratched his nose instead of going all the way by picking then flicking the bogey at the BBC interviewer. The programme is crap and the Toff girl with the double barrel name would be more appropriate on a Toff horsey type show than a football show.

Scratching of nose, an example of someone lying - touch face often indicates trying to comfort oneself when feeling in an akward position - not that I'd expect much better from CC. Second only behind Warnock when it comes to moaning.

Its utter bollocks, like everything else produced by bbc sport on tv. Normally radio 5 is worthwhile, but they choose to take one of it's worst components in savage, to co-host a debut show.

I don't watch it since suffering the first couple of shows, so as I have sky I watch the football league review, that puts the bbc crap to shame.

When is the Sky programe on ? i haven't come across it this season and would like to, always enjoyed big league weekend 2 on a monday night, was very well produced, had pundits that actually know what they are talking about, Beagrie and Goodman know more about the lower leagues than Claridge ever will, and they over the season spent a decent amount of time chatting about every club in the league from the top of the championship to the bottom of league two.

When is the Sky programe on ? i haven't come across it this season and would like to, always enjoyed big league weekend 2 on a monday night, was very well produced, had pundits that actually know what they are talking about, Beagrie and Goodman know more about the lower leagues than Claridge ever will, and they over the season spent a decent amount of time chatting about every club in the league from the top of the championship to the bottom of league two.

They've got rid because BBC own the highlights now. All you get is 'netbusters' at 7pm on a monday.

I reckon the BBC Match of the Day show is excellent especially with the post match analysis of each Premier League game. For the BBC to follow on from that show with the complete dross that is the Football League Show shows their contempt for every football club outside the Premier League. The BBC always has been a state run elitist organisation so I'm not really surprised. If Gary Johnson and Co can get us into the Premier League then we'll get the decent match coverage from the elitist BBC Match of the Day.

Archived