IGNORED

I'm Left Speechless

leedsred

I don't want to come across as overly paranoid, but why does EVERY match report on the BBC have the home team manager's comment first, followed by the visitor's manager... but the Doncaster vs Ipswich report have Roy Keane's opinion first?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/8251584.stm

Incidentally, I was watching the BBC Score programme at my parents, and as usual it was "Roy Keane's Ipswich" this and "Roy Keane's Ipswich" that. I moaned until my parents agreed to turn it over the Sky Sports News.

I must be in the minority here as I have no problem with the show at all, the highlights are fine, the analysis ok and I understand why they concentrate on the likes of Keane, Newcastle, Leeds etc its just the way it is. Only complaint is that it starts a tad too late most weeks so its nearly always a Sky+ job.

I must be in the minority here as I have no problem with the show at all, the highlights are fine, the analysis ok and I understand why they concentrate on the likes of Keane, Newcastle, Leeds etc its just the way it is. Only complaint is that it starts a tad too late most weeks so its nearly always a Sky+ job.

The highlights is pi55 poor to be honest! you get about 3 or maybw highlights per game which just isnt enough.

BBC3 and BBC4 is inactive until 8pm so why not just make a massive programme for extended highlights for each divison?

Coventry game had each goal and an offside goal, not saborios excellent chances, the set piece chances ect.

The highlights is pi55 poor to be honest! you get about 3 or maybw highlights per game which just isnt enough.

BBC3 and BBC4 is inactive until 8pm so why not just make a massive programme for extended highlights for each divison?

Coventry game had each goal and an offside goal, not saborios excellent chances, the set piece chances ect.

I don't think I've seen a national highlights programmme with anymore than that, The Championship on ITV was no different and the Sky Football weekends carried little more either, the Cov highlights were no more or less than i expected, you'll only get more if regional specials are on like the much maligned HTV Soccer Night.

(Belated reply)

When was the last time a CCC club played a televised live game inbetween two televised Prem games?

I can't think of many incidents it's happened.

My son refers to 'The Football League Show' as 'The Newcastle & Ipswich Show' - don't think he's far wrong :)

BBC3 & BBC4 are inactive until 7pm because, in effect, they are CBBC & CBeebies until that point.

They sit as part of the same channel structure and IIRC the funding only supports them to have the 12-hour slot they get.

But yes there should be an option to provide further, more detailed highlights.

They can't do it online because of the rights package that they've got (bulk of online rights sit with the clubs and the FLPTV setup).

Perhaps the rights they have doesn't allow for them to do regional programmes. Who knows?

I don't think I've seen a national highlights programmme with anymore than that, The Championship on ITV was no different and the Sky Football weekends carried little more either, the Cov highlights were no more or less than i expected, you'll only get more if regional specials are on like the much maligned HTV Soccer Night.

I think many fans appreciate that with so many games to get through they really have to cut each set of highlights down.

BUT what we would like to see is a rotation of the teams featured, and analysis that goes beyond Newcastle, West Brom, Ipswich and Leeds.

Guest AJ Sylvester
Incidentally, I was watching the BBC Score programme at my parents, and as usual it was "Roy Keane's Ipswich" this and "Roy Keane's Ipswich" that. I moaned until my parents agreed to turn it over the Sky Sports News.

This has been doing my nut. Since when were they renamed "Roy Keane's Ipswich"?

..talking to a Casualty 'insider' during a location shoot I was told that the Welsh move is far from popular with the Casualty 'crew'.

Appears the whole thing is about money (surprise, surprise,..its costing a fortune to relocate - of taxpayers money, but Aunty Beeb is doing OK financially out of the deal) .. seems its down to things like 'peppercorn' rents for premises etc (funded by quangos like the Welsh Development Agency (& some other body that I cant recall - think Euro funding too) either way the multi million £££'s its costing such agencies is ultimately Tax payers money). The incentive (some would say bribes) packages offered to the Beeb proved irresistable. Was told the amounts involved are huge, & would cause / create a public outcry if all the details were studied/released to & reported by the media.

So the Beeb saves money - licence payers money (hooray!!) - until you realise that its other forms of public expenditure funding it... - tax payers money! (boo, hiss.. !!) .... was told the Welsh quango's involved are awash with money! (our money.. tax payers money boo!!! ) & while cutbacks for essential services are under pressure everywhere - these quango's have no such problems.

I dunno, :dunno: - only repeating what I was told.

Thanks for that information. As Labour party super Toff Lord Neil Kinnock is some sort of big shot in the European Union he's probably got Euro £millions (our taxes) to secure the BBC Casualty relocation deal to Cardiff. The whole deal stinks of yet more BBC, European Union and Labour Government corruption. As for the BBC's football League show, I didn't watch it last night but from what I've read on here it was just as crap as last week.

Archived