IGNORED

More Illness?

CyberDan

Pretty sure I had what the players are getting, big time swollen glands (makes you hamster like), and general feeling of being very ill. I was also tested for Glandular Fever and mumps but it was neither, just a virus.

I was only laid off work for about a week, lots of water flushed it out!! and was 100% exercising in the gym within 2-3 weeks.

Pretty sure I had what the players are getting, big time swollen glands (makes you hamster like), and general feeling of being very ill. I was also tested for Glandular Fever and mumps but it was neither, just a virus.

I was only laid off work for about a week, lots of water flushed it out!! and was 100% exercising in the gym within 2-3 weeks.

Are you saying you'll be fit for Saturday?

Better get Trundle and Styver back!

Many a true word said in jest and all that... I don't think there's a recall option on either, but there is on the likes of Wilson, Plummer, Jackson & Artus. I can't understand why, if we're suffering from this bug, we haven't activated it.

When you look at the team against Swansea, we had the following:

Ill:

Carey

Maynard

Haynes

Gerken

Unfit, but selected:

Sno

Nyatanga

Clarkson

Henderson

Wilson

Skuse(?)

Picked up knocks in match:

Fontaine - forced off

Elliott - forced off

Basso (elbow) - managed to stay on

Injured:

Akinde

Not sure if I've missed anyone, but that's fourteen players affected by illness, injury or fitness issues. Surely you need as much cover as possible and need fit players on the bench. I'd rather have a match fit Tristan Plummer on the bench for example than a David Clarkson who has been consistently described by GJ as being "very weak".

The whole illness thing appears to have been severely mismanaged. GJ says they're all using separate water bottles in training etc, but surely if anyone wakes up with any symptoms they should be staying at home and calling in, getting the club doctor out to assess them rather than bringing the virus in again and dealing with it there. Separate water bottles won't stop them all going into the same changing rooms etc... GJ said about Gerken that he looked like a hamster.....he shouldn't have been anywhere near the club for GJ to have seen him to know what he looks like!

The whole illness thing appears to have been severely mismanaged. GJ says they're all using separate water bottles in training etc, but surely if anyone wakes up with any symptoms they should be staying at home and calling in, getting the club doctor out to assess them rather than bringing the virus in again and dealing with it there. Separate water bottles won't stop them all going into the same changing rooms etc... GJ said about Gerken that he looked like a hamster.....he shouldn't have been anywhere near the club for GJ to have seen him to know what he looks like!

Pointless dig, you know f'all about what happens in the club. :disapointed2se:

Archived