IGNORED

Saborio Deal Done

chinapig

Guest ashtonyate

Saborio looks a good player and seeing him Saturday for the first I can not make too many assumptions.

I did think he was quiet similar to Maynard which begs the question are we still lacking a tall target man to change things around a bit, just a thought.

I have got to be honest I do like to have the option of a big strong forward to call on.

Saborio looks a good player and seeing him Saturday for the first I can not make too many assumptions.

I did think he was quiet similar to Maynard which begs the question are we still lacking a tall target man to change things around a bit, just a thought.

I have got to be honest I do like to have the option of a big strong forward to call on.

Are you joking?

Guest ashtonyate
we already have another tall striker to call on anyway.

no McCome is better off in the defence,when I say similar to Maynard I was comparing Saborio to Adebola and Maynard

Guest ashtonyate
Can you put some flesh on the bones by telling us in which ways Alvaro is similar to Nicky and non-similar to Dele?

Well I could never see him giving defences a rough time like a big striker such as Adebola can and some times you need to play that type of game if you got a very defensive team playing two set of four across the back.

I can sort of see what you're saying.

I haven't seen Saborio play for myself but I could well believe it if he's tall and perfectly capable of winning the ball and holding it up but not likely to physically rough up defenders and goalkeepers. City scored a number of goals last season that came about from Dele bullying goalkeepers with brute strength and maybe Saborio isn't likely to do that.

I can sort of see what you're saying.

I haven't seen Saborio play for myself but I could well believe it if he's tall and perfectly capable of winning the ball and holding it up but not likely to physically rough up defenders and goalkeepers. City scored a number of goals last season that came about from Dele bullying goalkeepers with brute strength and maybe Saborio isn't likely to do that.

I have only seen him once, but on that very limited evidence I would say that whilst he is a reasonably big bloke, he is nowhere near being the brute of a man that Dele is. So, if it is raw, powerful, physical presence we're looking for, I don't think we'll get it from Saborio, or at least not to the same degree. What you might get, I think, is more mobility, some good linking with Maynard and just possibly a decent scoring rate. He is an interesting prospect. I would describe him as a centre forward, though, and would not say that he is in any meaningful sense a similar type to Maynard.

What a suprise you can't even be positive when your trying to be positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well I could never see him giving defences a rough time like a big striker such as Adebola can and some times you need to play that type of game if you got a very defensive team playing two set of four across the back.

I imagine that Barcelona occasionally play teams with two sets of four across the back.

Not having an Adebola type didn't seem to harm their prospects last season.

Saborio looks like an absolute gem to me. He IS strong, good feet and can find one of his team mates. Adebola only really has one of those attributes.

I imagine that Barcelona occasionally play teams with two sets of four across the back.

Not having an Adebola type didn't seem to harm their prospects last season.

Saborio looks like an absolute gem to me. He IS strong, good feet and can find one of his team mates. Adebola only really has one of those attributes.

A bit harsh on Dele, mate. He was a more accomplished footballer than most people here give him credit for, and not just the crude, bullying hulk some would suggest.

I do (cautiously) agree about Saborio, though, and can see why some are getting excited. Just think we need to keep our expectations to fair and realistic levels. He's started very well, considering he's in a new league and an unfamiliar country, but he'll need time.

Guest ashtonyate
So your saying that Maynard is the sort of striker who holds the ball up and brings others into play?

Saborio is, Adebola is, you seem to be in cloud cukoo land :noexpression:

Maynard is 5-11 11st

Saborio is 6-00 12st 2 oz

I never said anything about their style of play being the same, and a good footballer he may be he is no Adeobla in his hight or physical presents so cukoo to you :fastasleep:

Archived