IGNORED

Is Saborio Really The Man We Are After?

Derk4City

Striker Poll  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont see Saborio being the man to play along side Maynard this year, he hasnt impressed me so far and from what i have heard, basically lost us the game today with his lack of sharpness and finishing. GJ does sign some good players, but his striker choice is not always the best e.g. Lee Trundle, Styvar, Saborio? I just hope he realises before the game against Blackpool that there needs to be changes made. I would put Clarkson up with Maynard and Haynes on the wing with some pace. If Akinde wasnt injured, he would be my first choice to try him out with Maynard. When he came on against 'Boro he looked super sharp and it looked as if he and Maynard had an 'instant understanding'. Since Saborio joined the team, we havnt won a game, time for change GJ?

I dont see Saborio being the man to play along side Maynard this year, he hasnt impressed me so far and from what i have heard, basically lost us the game today with his lack of sharpness and finishing. GJ does sign some good players, but his striker choice is not always the best e.g. Lee Trundle, Styvar, Saborio? I just hope he realises before the game against Blackpool that there needs to be changes made. I would put Clarkson up with Maynard and Haynes on the wing with some pace. If Akinde wasnt injured, he would be my first choice to try him out with Maynard. When he came on against 'Boro he looked super sharp and it looked as if he and Maynard had an 'instant understanding'. Since Saborio joined the team, we havnt won a game, time for change GJ?

You can't judge a player on 4 games, especially after he has never played english football before! He has looked good imo, just missed a few good chances today. All strikers do. Give the poor bloke a chance!

You can't judge a player on 4 games, especially after he has never played english football before! He has looked good imo, just missed a few good chances today. All strikers do. Give the poor bloke a chance!

I can see what you mean, but at the minute Johnson needs to play safe, get some points under the belt and then think about bringing Saborio back into the first team. I think he should go and gain some experience of English football in the reserves first. Appreciate your reply though

Guest ashtonyate

I made a statement and got ridiculed for it but to me Saborio & maynard are the same sort of player size wise we have lost Adebola who could terrorise defences we have lost that option now so we can not put them under pressure at the back

I can see what you mean, but at the minute Johnson needs to play safe, get some points under the belt and then think about bringing Saborio back into the first team. I think he should go and gain some experience of English football in the reserves first. Appreciate your reply though

Yeah it's a fair point, and I can see where you are coming from. But take Sno for instance do you think he should be starting?

I made a statement and got ridiculed for it but to me Saborio & maynard are the same sort of player size wise we have lost Adebola who could terrorise defences we have lost that option now so we can not put them under pressure at the back

Are you forgetting about the potential of the 19 year old 6ft 2" striker Akinde?!?!

Give the lad time! He's moved from a different country, different language, different environment, different players ect. and wer already asking if hes the right man.

Surely that hes missing these chances can be seen as a positive that at least he is getting in the position to miss them. He could easily have got at least 1 at coventry and derby and scored against s****horpe so could have been 3.

Give him time!

Four games, one goal (not a mighty impressive one granted but a goal nonetheless) and one absolutely brilliant, skillful assist.

How you feel like you can judge this guy already amazes me to be honest. Think of some of the chances Maynard missed last season.

Yeah it's a fair point, and I can see where you are coming from. But take Sno for instance do you think he should be starting?

I think we should start against Blackpool with the same team we had against Boro (if available). Sno is a great player and has made more of an impression on me so far that Saborio. The only thing is, he still hasnt adapted fully either, so he needs to play in the reserves for a while too. This doesnt mean bring Lee Johnson to the field! Hartley and Elliott should be the middle men against Blackpool.

Give the lad time! He's moved from a different country, different language, different environment, different players ect. and wer already asking if hes the right man.

Surely that hes missing these chances can be seen as a positive that at least he is getting in the position to miss them. He could easily have got at least 1 at coventry and derby and scored against s****horpe so could have been 3.

Give him time!

Give him time? And where are we getting this 'time' from?

Four games, one goal (not a mighty impressive one granted but a goal nonetheless) and one absolutely brilliant, skillful assist.

How you feel like you can judge this guy already amazes me to be honest. Think of some of the chances Maynard missed last season.

But then he ended up starting on the bench after 9 games of starting, and we missed out on the play-offs. We have no time to let the player get used to English football in the first team, and especially not with the teams we are up against. I am not slagging Saborio, i just dont feel we have any time/games/goals to spare to let him adapt.

I think we should start against Blackpool with the same team we had against Boro (if available). Sno is a great player and has made more of an impression on me so far that Saborio. The only thing is, he still hasnt adapted fully either, so he needs to play in the reserves for a while too. This doesnt mean bring Lee Johnson to the field! Hartley and Elliott should be the middle men against Blackpool.

IMO Sno has been our best player in the last few games. Your right it does take time for foreign players to settle in but for me Sno and Sabario have looked good players at this level from first impressions and have made impacts straight away. Time will tell my friend

Guest ashtonyate
Are you forgetting about the potential of the 19 year old 6ft 2" striker Akinde?!?!

No but he is blowing hot and cold when he is fit and still learning, to me a lot of fans did not appreciate what Dele gave too the side up front

I'm waiting for someone to suggest bringing Trundle back.

When you do take a look at him kissing his Swansea badge after scoring his pen today.

I love Trundle! His skills and slickness always brings a smile to my face when he plays. I think he needed to get fitter and that was why we loaned him to Leeds. And yet Johnson didnt bring him back to the squad? I think he deserved another chance.

But then he ended up starting on the bench after 9 games of starting, and we missed out on the play-offs. We have no time to let the player get used to English football in the first team, and especially not with the teams we are up against. I am not slagging Saborio, i just dont feel we have any time/games/goals to spare to let him adapt.

and then what if the next striker doesn't impress in four games?!

The fact that you appear to be advocating bringing Trundle back and want to drop Saborio after four games is comedy gold.

I bet if we put in crosses for him to attack he'd score. We did it once today in the first minute and nearly scored. It was all down hill from then.

'and nearly scored'?????? And SHOULD have scored. I can see where your coming from though, we dont have a consistent player who can cross the ball well but also has speed to trouble the defence. Sproule and Haynes would make Bristol City unstoppable if only they had some crossing ability. :(

Give him time? And where are we getting this 'time' from?

:noexpression: What do you think? We have had a massive squad overhaul over the summer. Something like 8 gone and 6 signed with 2 new loanees. That on its own is enough to take while to 'gel' but then we have been hampered with an illness and some injuries. Alot of players starting are ill!

There is still an awful lot to come from this squad. Granted this is a poor result however i am confident when the illness bug has cleared and wev settled down a bit with the new players we could get top six and that is enough for me.

IMO Sno has been our best player in the last few games. Your right it does take time for foreign players to settle in but for me Sno and Sabario have looked good players at this level from first impressions and have made impacts straight away. Time will tell my friend

Sno is a fantastic, slick and skillful player and i really like him, but as you say, time will tell. I would love to see him in the first team once we get a few more wins do you not think? Its only the fact that they havnt all bonded yet and are not really playing as a fluent team that we are not getting the wins and scoring LOTS of goals.

Sno is a fantastic, slick and skillful player and i really like him, but as you say, time will tell. I would love to see him in the first team once we get a few more wins do you not think? Its only the fact that they havnt all bonded yet and are not really playing as a fluent team that we are not getting the wins and scoring LOTS of goals.

you are correct in saying we have not bonded yet, but you have got to consider that due to the virus going around we have not been able to play a full-strength squad yet, and chopping and changing it really doesn't help

and then what if the next striker doesn't impress in four games?!

The fact that you appear to be advocating bringing Trundle back and want to drop Saborio after four games is comedy gold.

At what point did i say i wanted Trundle back? I said it would have been good to give him another chance at the start of the season. I do however think we need to start someone else up front to get a goal early on and then to bring Saborio on when we have a lead.

At what point did i say i wanted Trundle back? I said it would have been good to give him another chance at the start of the season. I do however think we need to start someone else up front to get a goal early on and then to bring Saborio on when we have a lead.

But that assumes that other strikers not in the team have more ability than him - nothing I have seen so far this season suggests that.

Nobody is seeing the point i am trying to make except 'I BELIEVE'. What i am saying is we need to play safe for a couple of games, use a team that has gelled and can play well together e.g. team that played 'Boro. This also takes a huge weight of Johnson's shoulders. Do you not agree?!?!

But that assumes that other strikers not in the team have more ability than him - nothing I have seen so far this season suggests that.

Its not all about the ability, its about the bonding of the strikers, am i not correct? Saborio has one assist for Maynard and that is the only goal we have seen from the two playing together in 4 games. Yes its 4 games, but only 1 goal from them both? Not good enough if you ask me

Nobody is seeing the point i am trying to make except 'I BELIEVE'. What i am saying is we need to play safe for a couple of games, use a team that has gelled and can play well together e.g. team that played 'Boro. This also takes a huge weight of Johnson's shoulders. Do you not agree?!?!

No, because no team has gelled together. That's the point of the difficulties we are having - so many players have been injured or ill that we haven't been able to select consistently. Don't see how chopping and changing now if we don't need to will help.

No, because no team has gelled together. That's the point of the difficulties we are having - so many players have been injured or ill that we haven't been able to select consistently. Don't see how chopping and changing now if we don't need to will help.

So you think we dont need to change? 4 Games 3 Draws 1 Loss. Says it all

Archived