IGNORED

Is Saborio Really The Man We Are After?

Derk4City

Striker Poll  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do agree. We were patient that day, didn't make mistakes and went at them 2nd half. It should actually have been 3-1, if only Ivan could run fast/control the ball and look up all at once then we'd be sorted.

Trundle coming back is comedy gold. Shouldn't have brought it up really. He was never good for us (except palace goal) He is a swansea god and always will be, i bet he stays there. I also bet he doesn't score in open play once this season!

Its not all about the ability, its about the bonding of the strikers, am i not correct? Saborio has one assist for Maynard and that is the only goal we have seen from the two playing together in 4 games. Yes its 4 games, but only 1 goal from them both? Not good enough if you ask me

correct to a certain extenct yes. Some say Sabario has been thrown in at the deep end, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. As i said before time will tell

I do agree. We were patient that day, didn't make mistakes and went at them 2nd half. It should actually have been 3-1, if only Ivan could run fast/control the ball and look up all at once then we'd be sorted.

Trundle coming back is comedy gold. Shouldn't have brought it up really. He was never good for us (except palace goal) He is a swansea god and always will be, i bet he stays there. I also bet he doesn't score in open play once this season!

Phew, i thought the whole forum was against me! :) Sproule is THE Forest Gump of football!!

No, I don't think that chopping and changing for the sake of it makes any sense. Where better players can come in, great. Saborio and Maynard are not the problem, and I would venture, once everyone is fully fit, there won'tbe too big a problem full stop/

I do agree that there will not be a problem when everybody is fully fit. But i just dont see where the goals are coming from until then. Maynard and Saborio havnt played together enough so i think that is where we are going wrong. I know you will say thats why we need to give them time, but my arguement is, where are we getting that time?!?!

Phew, i thought the whole forum was against me! Sproule is THE Forest Gump of football!!

Haha! Seriously you could run as fast as usain bolt but if you can't kick the effing ball what's the point?! Don't like slating any of the boys though, and i don't mean it in a bad way. He can have an impact and intimidate with his speed. But he really does not look up. Just runs to the by-line and loses the ball. V boro we had akinde and elliot screaming for it unmarked in the middle. If it had been 1-1 i would've been screaming. I wish Scotty had never got old.

I do agree that there will not be a problem when everybody is fully fit. But i just dont see where the goals are coming from until then. Maynard and Saborio havnt played together enough so i think that is where we are going wrong. I know you will say thats why we need to give them time, but my arguement is, where are we getting that time?!?!

That'sprecisely my point -none of our strikers have had enough time together.

Until GJ swallows some pride, dumps this useless "fluid midfield" system that is a load of old $h1t and introduces some width to our team we could have Lionel Messi or Ibrahimovich or Wayne Rooney up front alongside Maynard and it wouldn't make f00k all difference. How many balls does Nicky Maynard get the chance to attack between the penalty area and the six yard box?

Until GJ swallows some pride, dumps this useless "fluid midfield" system that is a load of old $h1t and introduces some width to our team we could have Lionel Messi or Ibrahimovich or Wayne Rooney up front alongside Maynard and it wouldn't make f00k all difference. How many balls does Nicky Maynard get the chance to attack between the penalty area and the six yard box?

I like your arguement ;) . We need some quick, and dangerous wingers e.g. Haynes (not Sproule - AKA Forest Gump). And also when Akinde plays - not to hoof it up to him because he is big, the ball will just come straight back and attack us, like it did last year with the Maynard/Adebola partership. We need some ground play to Maynard so he can run and trouble the defence, and then bang one in from 20/30 yards.

Hahaha! I am just looking through all the topics and am getting bored of no replys! I want peoples opinions on this! Infact, what do you think?

OK, if keeping you here stops you starting topics about GJ's replacement. :whistle:

I'm quite happy with Saborio, and have voted for him.

If we start getting the ball into the box regularly I reckon he and Maynard would more than likely score 30+ between them.

Maynard 20, Saborio 14, something like that.

Although we don't really know what Saborio is capable of yet, could be even more.

OK, if keeping you here stops you starting topics about GJ's replacement. :whistle:

I'm quite happy with Saborio, and have voted for him.

If we start getting the ball into the box regularly I reckon he and Maynard would more than likely score 30+ between them.

Maynard 20, Saborio 14, something like that.

Although we don't really know what Saborio is capable of yet, could be even more.

I wouldnt set a target of 14 for Sabario on his first season of English football, especially with the teams we have in the league this year, but i think if we can get/keep Clarkson fit, he will shine in the coming months.

This really is amazing.

I saw Saborio on debut at Coventry and again today. Ok in neither game he has looked like someone who is going to score 25 goals but blimey does this guy have a talent for holding up the ball and bringing others into the game. He is stong as an Ox, can jump like a salmon (and win a good header when up there too) and also is a bloody good footballer on the ground.

This guy is twice the player Adebola ever was (note not saying twice the player Adebola is now).

Frankly I find it amazing that people are slagging this guy off already and saying he needs to go and lpay reserve team football.

He has an impressive goal scoring record. Todays chances are the type of chances that from Sunday league football to Champions League football you either bury or you don't. Clearly a guy who has his goal scoring record knows how to puit it in the onion bag but just needs to pick up that sharpness.

For crying out loud please leave him to get on with it as the signs are there that he, maynard and Sno could terrorise defences.

BTW before anyopne says it Sno was immense at times today and is so far in advance of anyone else in our squad its almost embarresing at times how much cleverer he is!

I wouldnt set a target of 14 for Sabario on his first season of English football, especially with the teams we have in the league this year, but i think if we can get/keep Clarkson fit, he will shine in the coming months.

I have to believe City will start scoring goals, and regularly.

That being the case I would expect Saborio to prosper.

Fair point about Clarkson, he's another who we can only guess what he might be capable of, but from what we've seen of the 2 I'm more excited by Saborio thus far.

This really is amazing.

I saw Saborio on debut at Coventry and again today. Ok in neither game he has looked like someone who is going to score 25 goals but blimey does this guy have a talent for holding up the ball and bringing others into the game. He is stong as an Ox, can jump like a salmon (and win a good header when up there too) and also is a bloody good footballer on the ground.

This guy is twice the player Adebola ever was (note not saying twice the player Adebola is now).

Frankly I find it amazing that people are slagging this guy off already and saying he needs to go and lpay reserve team football.

He has an impressive goal scoring record. Todays chances are the type of chances that from Sunday league football to Champions League football you either bury or you don't. Clearly a guy who has his goal scoring record knows how to puit it in the onion bag but just needs to pick up that sharpness.

For crying out loud please leave him to get on with it as the signs are there that he, maynard and Sno could terrorise defences.

BTW before anyopne says it Sno was immense at times today and is so far in advance of anyone else in our squad its almost embarresing at times how much cleverer he is!

At last some common sense!!

Saborio never has been and never will be an 'Adebola' type centre forward, he's more in the Brooker mould which i for one much prefer to see. From what i've seen of him so far i'm very impressed and think he's the ideal foil for Maynard.

There seems to be a lot of toys flying out of prams because we lost today and Saborio missed a couple of 'sitters'

If a scapegoat is required the how about a certain lanky defender who irresposibly managed to get himself booked twice in as many minutes? leaving his team mates to play almost half a game away from home with ten men!!

At last some common sense!!

Saborio never has been and never will be an 'Adebola' type centre forward, he's more in the Brooker mould which i for one much prefer to see. From what i've seen of him so far i'm very impressed and think he's the ideal foil for Maynard.

There seems to be a lot of toys flying out of prams because we lost today and Saborio missed a couple of 'sitters'

If a scapegoat is required the how about a certain lanky defender who irresposibly managed to get himself booked twice in as many minutes? leaving his team mates to play almost half a game away from home with ten men!!

I'm with you - Saborio needs time to settle. Never easy when the best chance of the match is more or less the first touch you get...

To be fair the lad has only been wth the team for a few weeks. He could of had one against Cov, if it wasn't for IMO one of the best reflex saves I've seen.

He could of had 2 yesterday!!! He's getting in the right places, he just needs that little bit of sharpness now to come with it. That will come, just give him a few games. Please don't start getting on his back already.

You can't judge a player on 4 games, especially after he has never played english football before! He has looked good imo, just missed a few good chances today. All strikers do. Give the poor bloke a chance!

Sir I believe you don't really understand, when GJ buys/loans a striker he must surely score 7 goal within the first 4 games otherwise why was he bought? Remember that £2M+ player Johnson bought last season what has he done, huh a mere 11 goals last season, disgusting. And once he buys these misfits he choose the wrong tactics deliberatly to see if they can cope. It's all a ploy to be able to pick his son Lee in all 11 positions did you not realise that? And now Lee has a child space must be made in the team so the young Johnson can make his Championship debut before he/she reaches their first Birthday so the Johnson family can be part of our proud history forever!

Thank you for allowing me to practice for my sarcasm Degree on here ;)

Saborio looks like he has quality, strength and pace. I think him and Maynard will be a very fruitful partnership. Clarkson in behind if we play that way, Haynes when we're playing on the break or maybe wider, Akinde on the 7 man bench.

I think this is def the plan ( maybe Williams/ Clarkson) but , as has been stated elsewhere ,this supposes we play with wing backs of which we have... well Jamie mac and bradders......

Laughable really. International centre forward , New country, league, teammates, style of play ,four games in, 1 goal.........

is he the player we are looking for :noexpression: :noexpression: not even worth voting .

As you said not even worth voting, the same crap was being posted about Maynard if we cast are minds back to last season, those very same people are now writing things like ''Prem teams will be after him soon'' ''he is worth at least 4 mill now''...

As has been said well over a billion times the lack of width is causing the problems, Sabario and Maynard would both thrive off balls being whipped in to the box, as it stands i honestly dont think Maynard Saborio or whoever is playing up front knows were there next opportunity will come from simply beacuse the service is so dire.

Archived