IGNORED

Is Saborio Really The Man We Are After?

Derk4City

Striker Poll  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As you said not even worth voting, the same crap was being posted about Maynard if we cast are minds back to last season, those very same people are now writing things like ''Prem teams will be after him soon'' ''he is worth at least 4 mill now''...

As has been said well over a billion times the lack of width is causing the problems, Sabario and Maynard would both thrive off balls being whipped in to the box, as it stands i honestly dont think Maynard Saborio or whoever is playing up front knows were there next opportunity will come from simply beacuse the service is so dire.

Absolutely agree with everything there Bris red.

Anyone who has watched the Saborio clips on youtube will see how many of his goals came from good quality crosses. I actually wondered at the time how many he would get of that quality at City. There's a big difference getting balls from the middle of the pitch when you've got your back to goal, compared with balls whipped back in from the byeline and coming to you when you're facing the target.

Saborio has scored 1 in 3 so far. He has also missed at least 3 good chances. Last season we didn't have anyone who scored 1 in 3 or anyone who missed decent chances regularly. I would say he has a vast improvement even now and hopefully he will start taking his chances.

He's also set at least one up for his strike partner.

all this talk of width is a double-edged sword; last season eveyone whinged about our lonv ball tactics and inability to retain the ball, something that quick wingers in a 442 may encourage. The problem is not in the lack of width itself, but the deployment of the personel. Brazil don't play with wingers, neither did the great Dutch and German teams of the 70's. Doesn't seem to have held them back...

Archived