IGNORED

Newcastle Match Day Thread

gordie

If we can score more than 1 goal per game. If we don't score 2 or more in each game, we will not win any of the up coming games.

BCAGFC

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that if you score 1 goal and the opposition don't score any then that counts as a win? Can't keep up with these rule changes these days so I could be wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that if you score 1 goal and the opposition don't score any then that counts as a win? Can't keep up with these rule changes these days so I could be wrong.

What I meant was, if we get a Blackpool performance (positive, attacking football- even at 1-0- up) then we will win the majority of those games BUT if we get a Crystal Palace or S c u nthorpe United peformance (negative, sitting back football) then we won't.

BCAGFC

We are 4 points off 2nd place.. it's not a sprint. Being there or thereabouts suits me fine.. 3/4 of the season to go yet.

You're right mate I said that without thinking really!

Before today Newcastle had scored in every game in the Championship and it would be fair to say that we could put this down as one of the most important points of the season.

I'm delighted with the clean sheet knowing that there won't be many other teams that will get a 0-0 result against them at St. James Park this season.

We are 4 points off 2nd place.. it's not a sprint. Being there or thereabouts suits me fine.. 3/4 of the season to go yet.

And only a week ago there were so many posting on this forum that GJ has taken City as far as he can.

We are a very solid team and hard to beat. I just wish we had a bit more of an attacking strength. In too many games this season we have failed to make the keeper work enough. We have the foundation for a very good team, we have had to make lots of changes so far and still remain solid we just need to build on the attacking side of our game.

We are a very solid team and hard to beat. I just wish we had a bit more of an attacking strength. In too many games this season we have failed to make the keeper work enough. We have the foundation for a very good team, we have had to make lots of changes so far and still remain solid we just need to build on the attacking side of our game.

Certainly true today - city rode their luck a bit but didn't make Harper work at all, can only remember one proper save and a couple of crosses plucked out the air- indeed so concerned was he that he came out during half time to practice shot stopping!

Certainly true today - city rode their luck a bit but didn't make Harper work at all, can only remember one proper save and a couple of crosses plucked out the air- indeed so concerned was he that he came out during half time to practice shot stopping!

But Newcastle weren't that far ahead of us - they had 3 or 4 good chances throughout the 90 minutes, to go to a place like St James' Park and scrape a draw is fine by me. I wouldn't expect anything better.

But Newcastle weren't that far ahead of us - they had 3 or 4 good chances throughout the 90 minutes, to go to a place like St James' Park and scrape a draw is fine by me. I wouldn't expect anything better.

Quite true, wasn't diminishing city's well earned point just agreeing that we need a little more impact up front

our goal led a very charmed life today how harewood failed to score and hit the post i dont know smith had a free header from 6 yrds out not sure if deano saved it or it hit the post they had another one hit the bar and deano pulled off some great saves all in all a great point that was well earned

Archived