IGNORED

Russell Osman

bartolona

Yeah thanks for booting out Darius ''jackie'' Dziekanowski :ranting:

Best decision he ever made: if we hadn't signed Jacki in the first place, and kept Bob Taylor instead, our entire future would probably have been transformed. Jacki had all the skills, but rarely delivered for the team and his period with us was one of almost relentless failure. He had to go, and not a moment too soon.

I'm sure someone will ask about the cup run in 1993/4 and what it felt like to win at Anfield. Someone might also ask Russell how it felt to be squeezed out so cynically by a board of directors that didn't know their a*ses from their elbows, only to see the club plummet under the disastrous stewardship of 'second coming' Joe Jordan.

Best decision he ever made: if we hadn't signed Jacki in the first place, and kept Bob Taylor instead, our entire future would probably have been transformed. Jacki had all the skills, but rarely delivered for the team and his period with us was one of almost relentless failure. He had to go, and not a moment too soon.

Yep, getting rid of Dziekanowski was one of his very few good decisions.

I'd be more interested in how he ever thought the likes of Colin Loss, Marvin Harriott, Ian Brown, Mark Humphries and Henry McKop were of football league standard, let alone Championship players.

Plus he signed the gashead Kite for us and saved the blue few when they were conference bound, not good..

Yep, getting rid of Dziekanowski was one of his very few good decisions.

I'd be more interested in how he ever thought the likes of Colin Loss, Marvin Harriott, Ian Brown, Mark Humphries and Henry McKop were of football league standard, let alone Championship players.

Plus he signed the gashead Kite for us and saved the blue few when they were conference bound, not good..

This one is where your & my opinions slightly differ mate. Dziekanowski brought something valuable to watching BCFC, skill & entertainment far above the level at which we were performing. True he was lethargic at times and would not always carry out his defensive duties. He was a bit temperamental, he would blow hot and cold, he didn't contribute as many goals as would have been liked. and so on. However, he is still talked about today as he was arguably one of the most entertaining players to put on the red and white in the last 30 years. He would light up a drab 89 minutes with one flash of total genius that would be talked about long after final whistle. Cole & Dziekanowski and Taylor & Turner are personally my all time favourite strike pairs.

Dziekanowski was to do with his off-field antics, used to get called out to pick him up at night. Robbie Carnage gave him a hiding one night leaving him needing multipule stitches to his eye. When he came to sell him no one in England or Scotland were interested.

Someone might also ask Russell how it felt to be squeezed out so cynically by a board of directors that didn't know their a*ses from their elbows, only to see the club plummet under the disastrous stewardship of 'second coming' Joe Jordan.

Called in by the new board who said they wanted European football in 10 years and sacked. seemed a bit peed off about that.

Dennis Smith was then appointed Manager. once again Russell Osman became caretaker manager.

Seems to be issues with Dennis Smith, said he's been told that Smith has hammered him in his autobiography but not seen it himself yet.

Cole & Dziekanowski

Cole was never happy at City and spent half of the week in London, the rest of the squad were happier when he was not around.

Dziekanowski was to do with his off-field antics, used to get called out to pick him up at night. Robbie Carnage gave him a hiding one night leaving him needing multipule stitches to his eye. When he came to sell him no one in England or Scotland were interested.

Cole was never happy at City and spent half of the week in London, the rest of the squad were happier when he was not around.

"A hiding one night"? No, no, that was merely "an incident in a Clifton wine bar".

City actually paid Dziekanowski's furniture removal fee to Poland.

In "Shoot" magazine Cole stated "Bristol Cityare a selling club. I knew if I went there I'd score some goals and a big club would come in for me". Give him his due though 20 goals in 30 appearances and in December 1992 Cole failed to score and City didn't win a single game. His heart may not have been in it, but he still made a valuable contribution to City.

Ask him about the Charlton incident (FA cup replay?) and did we honestly go out with an intention to wind them up through abuse? (allegedly racist?)

Ask about his tenure at AG, I met him when he'd just signed as a player and he said to me 'Yeah, and I'll be manager here too, you wait'

(FYI this was by the paper seller on Whiteladies Rd on a Sunday morning, not in a boozer!)

How he felt about when he stiched up Denis Smith, who confirms this in his biog - Smith also said this on the radio interview a while back. He realised the board were useless, but certain pro's (Osman) you couldn't trust to 'turn your back on'

Ask him about the useless free signings and piss poor football we played under his management and ask him about Gus Ceasar!

uh! the memory of his time leaves me shuddering! - He filled the squad with totally useless free transfers, it took ages to shift them.

I seem to remember it differently.

I understood that Jackie's son was unwell at the time so we allowed him to return to his native Poland for what were essentially family reasons.

Am I completely off the mark?

Very much so. It says a lot that even when we had that Cup run inlcuding beating Liverpool, and were mid-table in the equivalent of this league, our home league attendances were only around 8,000. Dire football, only topped by Pulis's reign.

...I remember a few home games when there were well below 8000 there!

...I remember a few home games when there were well below 8000 there!

If I recall correctly we took more to Liverpool on the Tuesday night than we got the following Saturday at home!

1993/94 19 Apr 1994 Luton Town 1 - 0 (H) 5'350

Good grief did we really get less than 5.5k :mellow:

Funny aint it. Although my first game was back in 1987, i first really started supporting the team fully under Smith. I hated Osman and can remember Jackie, Bent, Cole lighting some pretty gloomy matches!

My favourite Osman moment came in 2001(??) might be 2000 - anyway an FA Cup away trip to Leicester's Filbert Street Savage, Issit et al. As a Leicester hero and a former City man Osman was brought out onto the pitch and the announced said "Bristol fans give it up for RUUUUSSSSSEEELLL OSSSSSSMAN" to which 3000 boos rang out across the pitch! The announcer actually said over the tanoy "they don't seem to like you very much Russell"!

:winner_third_h4h:

Archived