IGNORED

Postal Strike

bristolborn_and_red

Good luck and best wishes to the Postmen and Postwomen forced on strike after being backed into a corner by European Unionist New Labour Toff scum anti working man zealots like Lord Peter Mandelsohn. Lord Peter Mandelsohn really is scum for causing this current bout of industrial strife.

Brilliant post bristolborn_and_red. I lifted the following off the UKIP website and it gives the plight of our fellow workers in a political perspective - the outlook for Royal Mail looks gloomy if the EU loving Labour or Tories win the next General Election.......

Peter Mandelson has pushed to privatise the Post Office, likely bids being TNT (Dutch) and DHL (Germany).

The chief causes of the Royal Mail's losses are the UK Government falling over itself in its haste to comply with three EU directives, each designed to end our national postal services by 2010. The Royal Mail had to surrender the profitable parts e.g. bulk business mail. It still delivers business mail at a knock-down price of 14p per item (at the time of writing) whilst the 19 owners that successfully bid for the collection and sorting cream off the profits. This was a major factor of turning Royal Mail's profits into a £179 million annual loss. Cost cutting was inevitable i.e. reductions in post box collections and Sunday deliveries and embarking on a weights and size charging structure.

Then, the EU kicked in a second time by banning our Government from making up the resulting deficit. Who rules Britain ? No surprise that Mandelson's side-kick, Nigel Stapleton (head of Postcomm) suggested that the only way out was to privatise Royal Mail, allowing it to borrow on the open market. Nice idea ? It raises the question of who will invest in a loss making business. Doesn't the Inland Revenue and your bank frown on this? All this has gone quiet currently, being less than 9 months from the General Election. But it is only on the back burner, simmering quietly. Should Labour get back in, then we can kiss good bye to our Royal Mail service unless we start shouting loud and clear.

Source: http://www.ukipsw.org/index.php?option=com...2&Itemid=29

.....my opinion is that if you want Royal Mail to continue then don't vote New Labour, Liberal or Tory as these three political parties are committed to EU directives no matter how damaging they are to our country and industries. For the CWU Union or any Union to be still financing New Labour is madness given the anti working man stance of New Labour.

Cheers RG.

Looks like Pansy Mandy doesn't know where to stop. This time attacking agency workers (those that can't get a real job) just to butter up his corporate paymasters. I might re-join the Labour party just to makes waves regarding this ****.

Slime ball mandelson

If you're wanting to rejoin the Labour Party to became a New Labour MP then forget it unless you're a lawyer or a Toff or you've been to a posh public school. Ordinary workers have no chance of success in the Toff led club that is New Labour. That reflects social mobility for you New Labour style. :whistle2:

So much for the competition myth, they all rely on Royal Mail for the "final mile" and the ones that don't, can't handle the extra business. Bring on the strike and lets see how they get on.

Bleeding priceless

With the General Election due in the next 6 months, the Labour Party have effectively committed political suicide with their trashing of the state run Royal Mail businesses. There are some very angry business owners and private individuals that rely on Royal Mail that blame the Government over this and not the Unions as used to be. It's so blatantly obvious that the Lord Mandelsohn led Labour Government are breaking The Royal Mail up to satisfy various EU edicts. There's going to be a hell of an electoral backlash against New Labour over this.

It's seems your right RG what with newsnight getting hold of a secret dossier on managements plans to break the strike and sideline the union. Oh by the way mandy, if postal workers don't have a mandate for action because 50% didn't vote for it. Does this mean new labour have no mandate to govern as 60% didn't vote for them at the last election. Blithering idiot.

It's seems your right RG what with newsnight getting hold of a secret dossier on managements plans to break the strike and sideline the union. Oh by the way mandy, if postal workers don't have a mandate for action because 50% didn't vote for it. Does this mean new labour have no mandate to govern as 60% didn't vote for them at the last election. Blithering idiot.

I'm also worried about the CWU Union high command not listening to their membership. Again, on Newsnight last night, the CWU official was asked about the £7 million - since 2001 - taken from Union members' subscriptions and given to the Labour Party. It was mentioned that in London 98% of CWU Union members opposed giving money to the Labour Party. The Union high command thus have no mandate from their members to give money to the Lord Mandelsohn led anti working man Labour Party.

Behold, Labour Party Toff supremo and European Union loving zealot responsible for the current strife - Lord Mandelsohn - the man that the CWU Union high command have been helping to finance with £7 million since 2001 :whistle2: ........

mandyb460.jpg

Sorry, But you posties are yet again being led down a wrong road. my father in law was a postie, for 30 years, who's retired now, and his view is that yet again a union is being used for political means. they're always alright the leaders. Comments like saying we're in a better position than the NUM, they wont force us back, smacks of that tit Scargill's politically inspired strikes which destroyed the miners in 84. Sadly one of many. Few leaders were like Gormley and knew when to show good grace.

Like most people I only use the parcel service (the usual suspects Amazon, Play.com etc) and the card services at Xmas.

These companies WILL USE ALTERNATIVE SOURCES, cos the post is far too unrelaiable. I am fed up with late bills cos of wildcat strikes, one of which could have got me in trouble, a tax disc being held up in yet another backlog

I also ask why there are always posties parked up and home during the working day, when anyone else there, without good reason would be fired. I had a postie living in my block of flats for 10 years. started at 6, back between 9 and 11-11.30, then back home again at 1.30 -2.00. Every day, including Saturdays. Aint no way you'd be allowed to do that any place else specially your competitors

The truth as usual is somewhere between the two. Just follow your heads not your hearts. Thousands of you could be out of work same as the miners.

Forget the rhetoric, and use cold hard common sense. you cant win these sort of strikes, Bosses and union leaders are the only ones who will, not the workers or line managers

Sorry, But you posties are yet again being led down a wrong road. my father in law was a postie, for 30 years, who's retired now, and his view is that yet again a union is being used for political means. they're always alright the leaders. Comments like saying we're in a better position than the NUM, they wont force us back, smacks of that tit Scargill's politically inspired strikes which destroyed the miners in 84. Sadly one of many. Few leaders were like Gormley and knew when to show good grace.

It's not because I used to work for the Post Office or even that I was in the Postal Union but I reckon the union and its membership have been backed into a corner. The fact is that successive Governments - Tory and Labour - have been forcing Post Offices to close and are now wanting to finish off the Royal Mail as a state owned industry. A shame because Royal Mail represents this country's heritage and culture since the time of King Henry VIII. If the Government are to destroy the Royal Mail then why don't they destroy a really crap institution that's a real drain on the taxpayer - THE HOUSE OF LORDS !!!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

Like most people I only use the parcel service (the usual suspects Amazon, Play.com etc) and the card services at Xmas.

These companies WILL USE ALTERNATIVE SOURCES, cos the post is far too unrelaiable. I am fed up with late bills cos of wildcat strikes, one of which could have got me in trouble, a tax disc being held up in yet another backlog

I also ask why there are always posties parked up and home during the working day, when anyone else there, without good reason would be fired. I had a postie living in my block of flats for 10 years. started at 6, back between 9 and 11-11.30, then back home again at 1.30 -2.00. Every day, including Saturdays. Aint no way you'd be allowed to do that any place else specially your competitors

The truth as usual is somewhere between the two. Just follow your heads not your hearts. Thousands of you could be out of work same as the miners.

Forget the rhetoric, and use cold hard common sense. you cant win these sort of strikes, Bosses and union leaders are the only ones who will, not the workers or line managers

I`ll second that :clapping: spot on, we are the same Bucks :noexpression:

The truth may be that the posties wouldn't be out of work like the miners. The posties will be re-employed by the likes of foreign owned DHL and TNT. Whether Tory or Labour, the Government want to end the Royal Mail. The Government are now using managers to bully the postal workers into striking for an excuse to close Royal Mail just as Thatcher closed many of the remaining state owned coal pits.

As a matter of interest bucksred, would you also be in favour of foreigners owning and controlling our armed forces as they'll soon control this country's postal services? :noexpression:

This strike is'nt so much about privatisation, it's more about new technology and restrictive practices.

Firstly new technology and we all know if the unions had there way we would still be in the dark ages.

Restrictive practices again if the unions had there way, we would still be employing lamp lighters sat around being paid just in case there was any lamps to be lit.

This is a very cowardly, spiteful and damaging strike, I have no sympathy whatsoever with this strike and i'm sure that this strike would not have taken place had the country not been in recession.

My maternal grand father will be turning in his grave, After fighting in North Africa during world war 2, He returned and was the postman who covered the whole of Dartmoor for over 35 years in all winds and weather including snow and never a day sick and seeing some of the chavish behaviour yesterday on some picket lines just about sums it all up to me.

The service that the royal mail has given us in the past few years has been a disgrace, I recently sent 2 letters on the same day one to Portishead and one Kingsbridge in Devon, The Portishead letter arrived in 2 days the Kingsbridge letter took nearly 10 days and this is not unusual.

Certain professions do not have the right to strike, armed forces & the police and whilst the royal mail is state owned they should not have the right to strike either.

I really don't believe that the general public support this strike and contrary to the crap being peddled by the post unions this strike is not to safeguard the postal system for the public either.

This strike is'nt so much about privatisation, it's more about new technology and restrictive practices.

Firstly new technology and we all know if the unions had there way we would still be in the dark ages.

Restrictive practices again if the unions had there way, we would still be employing lamp lighters sat around being paid just in case there was any lamps to be lit.

This is a very cowardly, spiteful and damaging strike, I have no sympathy whatsoever with this strike and i'm sure that this strike would not have taken place had the country not been in recession.

My maternal grand father will be turning in his grave, After fighting in North Africa during world war 2, He returned and was the postman who covered the whole of Dartmoor for over 35 years in all winds and weather including snow and never a day sick and seeing some of the chavish behaviour yesterday on some picket lines just about sums it all up to me.

The service that the royal mail has given us in the past few years has been a disgrace, I recently sent 2 letters on the same day one to Portishead and one Kingsbridge in Devon, The Portishead letter arrived in 2 days the Kingsbridge letter took nearly 10 days and this is not unusual.

Certain professions do not have the right to strike, armed forces & the police and whilst the royal mail is state owned they should not have the right to strike either.

I really don't believe that the general public support this strike and contrary to the crap being peddled by the post unions this strike is not to safeguard the postal system for the public either.

That's your viewpoint. Mine is that this Labour Government is an absolute disgrace in forcing privatisation on Royal Mail. His Excellency Oliver Cromwell himself wanted the English Mail service in the public sector and to have the monopoly of service and that's how it must stay. I have every sympathy with my former postal worker colleagues in pursuing strike action against Lord Peter Mandelsohn and his cronies in senior Royal Mail management - look at their bloody bonuses paid at taxpayers' (our) expense !!!!..... :ranting: .....As posted by an intrepid ziderhead on the BCFC ziderhead's forum......

Allan Leighton, former non-executive chairman

Salary £129,000/Bonus £889,000

Adam Crozier, chief executive

Salary £3,612,000/Bonus £2,467,000

Alan Cook, director

Salary £1,046,000/Bonus £473,000

Ian Duncan, director

Salary £925,000/Bonus £429,000

Mark Higson, director

Salary £848,000/Bonus £313,000

Former directors

David Burden

Salary £821,000/Bonus £428,000

Ian Griffiths

Salary £1,000,000/Bonus £262,000

Tony McCarthy

Salary £1,369,000/Bonus £641,000

David Mills

Salary £818,000/Bonus £322,000

Marisa Cassoni

Salary £963,000/Bonus £340,000

Elmar Toime

Salary £541,000/Bonus £178,000

Jerry Cope

Salary £318,000/Bonus £113,000

John Roberts

Salary £561,000/Bonus £185,000

2008-09

Adam Crozier

Salary £633,000/Bonus £453,000

Alan Cook

Salary £282,000/Bonus £166,000

Ian Duncan

Salary £325,000/Bonus £186,000

Mark Higson

Salary £428,000/Bonus £231,000

That's your viewpoint. Mine is that this Labour Government is an absolute disgrace in forcing privatisation on Royal Mail. His Excellency Oliver Cromwell himself wanted the English Mail service in the public sector and that's how it must stay. I have every sympathy with my former postal worker colleagues in pursuing strike action against Lord Peter Mandelsohn and his cronies in senior Royal Mail management - look at their bloody bonuses paid at taxpayers' (our) expense !!!!..... :ranting: .....As posted by an intrepid ziderhead on the BCFC ziderhead's forum......

Allan Leighton, former non-executive chairman

Salary £129,000/Bonus £889,000

Adam Crozier, chief executive

Salary £3,612,000/Bonus £2,467,000

Alan Cook, director

Salary £1,046,000/Bonus £473,000

Ian Duncan, director

Salary £925,000/Bonus £429,000

Mark Higson, director

Salary £848,000/Bonus £313,000

Former directors

David Burden

Salary £821,000/Bonus £428,000

Ian Griffiths

Salary £1,000,000/Bonus £262,000

Tony McCarthy

Salary £1,369,000/Bonus £641,000

David Mills

Salary £818,000/Bonus £322,000

Marisa Cassoni

Salary £963,000/Bonus £340,000

Elmar Toime

Salary £541,000/Bonus £178,000

Jerry Cope

Salary £318,000/Bonus £113,000

John Roberts

Salary £561,000/Bonus £185,000

2008-09

Adam Crozier

Salary £633,000/Bonus £453,000

Alan Cook

Salary £282,000/Bonus £166,000

Ian Duncan

Salary £325,000/Bonus £186,000

Mark Higson

Salary £428,000/Bonus £231,000

As usual rambling crap, I could'nt give a flying **** about what these executives earn or have earned, it has no bearing on this spiteful action timed to be on the lead up and over the christmas period, Causing the misery to masses especially kids, people will not forget and next year when it's all over and the 'good old' postie is hanging around trying to spread the christmas cheer he omitted this year (of course waiting for his christmas box) he'll have a really long wait.

Still crates of lager and getting lashed up at 7am on the 'picket line' just about sums up the union credo '**** you, i'm alright Jack'.

And whilst we are on the subject, I seem to remember that your hero Cromwell was a parliamentarian, in a democracy you can't cherry pick the laws passed by parliament (whether you like them or not) and one thing is for sure, Cromwell and his army would crush this union rebellion and not by listening to them, there would be blood.

As usual rambling crap, I could'nt give a flying **** about what these executives earn or have earned, it has no bearing on this spiteful action timed to be on the lead up and over the christmas period, Causing the misery to masses especially kids, people will not forget and next year when it's all over and the 'good old' postie is hanging around trying to spread the christmas cheer he omitted this year (of course waiting for his christmas box) he'll have a really long wait.

Still crates of lager and getting lashed up at 7am on the 'picket line' just about sums up the union credo '**** you, i'm alright Jack'.

There's nothing wrong with the Postal Union action against what is a Royal Mail senior management of parasites. If you're so in favour of what the Postal Executives earn then why not contact the Inland Revenue and pay more tax to subsidise them??!!! I blame the Royal Mail senior management and the Government for engineering these strikes. Peter Mandelsohn and Adam Crozier should face criminal prosecution for industrial sabotage because even under Thatcher there wasn't this scale of industrial strife in the Royal Mail.

Get your facts straight on Oliver Cromwell as well because he was part of the regime that abolished the House of Lords and thus there would be no 'Lord' Peter Mandelsohn in his Government to balls up Cromwell's 'Office of Postage.' :englandsmile4wf:

Never mentioned house of lords and I could'nt give a toss about how much the bosses earn, This disgraceful action by the postal workers is'nt about what the bosses earn, it's about restrictive practices, new technology and privatisation, Apparently.

But do they have public support do they **** and they will lose more the longer it goes on and if they don't behave themselves on picket lines and also they should not be allowed to wear their post office uniforms whilst on strike, after all we the public pay for those uniforms.

Red Goblin, if you really need to let off steam and go off on to one of your incoherent rants, read the quotes attributed to the one of the royal parasites 'The Bland Old Duke of York', Defending the bankers and their bonuses, this man is an idle and totally worthless man who uses helicopters at our expense to ferry him to play golf all over the country.

Never mentioned house of lords and I could'nt give a toss about how much the bosses earn, This disgraceful action by the postal workers is'nt about what the bosses earn, it's about restrictive practices, new technology and privatisation, Apparently.

But do they have public support do they **** and they will lose more the longer it goes on and if they don't behave themselves on picket lines and also they should not be allowed to wear their post office uniforms whilst on strike, after all we the public pay for those uniforms.

They have public support from all the decent understanding people in this country.

Obviously not from you. Expect you are a Thatcher child.

My initial interest was in supporting the postal workers via their union and I've sent a message of support to that union to let them know I support their action 100%. I'm now very interested in what the Royal Mail bosses earn as their obscene salaries and bonuses have now come to my attention via the BCFC ziderheads website. Lord Peter Mandelsohn - that helped cause this strife - is a member of the unelected House of Lords so that group of state scroungers also needs scrutinizing.

I'd like to see criminal prosecutions brought against Lord Mandelsohn and his cronies in senior Royal Mail management. Their interfering with Royal Mail via bullying postal staff is a treasonable offence. In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation. A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor. Mandelsohn and Crozier are thus traitors.

Wrong on both points, As usual.

Right on both points you mean? In summary, interfering with Royal Mail via bullying postal staff is a treasonable offence. In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation. A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor. Mandelsohn, Crozier and the rest of senior Royal Mail management are thus traitors.

Right on both points you mean? In summary, interfering with Royal Mail via bullying postal staff is a treasonable offence. In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation. A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor. Mandelsohn, Crozier and the rest of senior Royal Mail management are thus traitors.

What has that got to do with 1) PUBLIC SUPPORT & 2) ME BEING A CHILD OF THATCHER ????????

FFS

Rambling Red Goblin strikes again

Archived