IGNORED

Getting Boring To Watch

mossey

Hi, know that I am going to upset a few people, but begining to find our football abit boring and predictable to watch, and feel that the games are lacking in excitment, footballing wise feel that we have gone backwards from that first season, dispite having better players and squad.

If I didn't have a season ticket would have to think twice about spending £25-£30 per home games, sorry to be saying this but that's just the way I feel, am I alone?

Hi, know that I am going to upset a few people, but begining to find our football abit boring and predictable to watch, and feel that the games are lacking in excitment, footballing wise feel that we have gone backwards from that first season, dispite having better players and squad.

If I didn't have a season ticket would have to think twice about spending £25-£30 per home games, sorry to be saying this but that's just the way I feel, am I alone?

I'm not sure GJ knows what his best side is. In the first season in the Championship, you vould more or less predict the teamsheet and formation every game. Nowadays, the personnel and formation changes every week.

I feel sorry for the people that dont have a ST and actually turn up and pay £30 to watch that awful football, if it wasn't for Maynard our positioning would be a lot worse.

I'm not sure GJ knows what his best side is. In the first season in the Championship, you vould more or less predict the teamsheet and formation every game. Nowadays, the personnel and formation changes every week.

but I guess that's a good thing, isn't it?

I'd rather be spoilt for choice than be like Rafa Benitez and have a 2 man squad

No you are not alone but you are probably in the minority on this forum.

why do you go then? If the purpose for you to going to football is being entertained, and you aren't being entertained, why bother turning up?

Silly question but I'll answer as you obviously don't know.

1) I'm a City supporter of over 40 years and watching the City is in my blood.

2) The current uninspiring football is actually better than some of the dross I've witnessed over the years.

3) I'm a ST holder.

why do you go then? If the purpose for you to going to football is being entertained, and you aren't being entertained, why bother turning up?

Exactly, i go to AG beacuse i support Bristol City. Of Course i WANT to be entertained but that is not my main purpose of going down on a saturday.

Some people would probably be better off not getting a S/T and turn in to a fair weather fan that only turns up when we are doing well.

2) The current uninspiring football is actually better than some of the dross I've witnessed over the years.

3) I'm a ST holder.

Robbored - we must be from th same era - I agree with 1 and 3 - but 2)? Maybe under Osman and Lumsden - most of the other stuff has either been good or so bad it was funny!! This really is not pretty at the moment

To be fair, I think most games in the Championship ARE entertaining (even today's game had some great moments, such as Gerken's saves and some of Hartley's passing).

The over-riding emotion I feel at the moment is frustration, because I feel we've got one of the better sides in the division, but we just aren't performing to anything like 100% of our potential.

3) I'm a ST holder.

Why constantly moan about it then?

Im not a happy clapper by and stretch of the imagination and i disagree with a fair amount of what GJ does (playing without width is top of my list but i cant be arsed to get into that now) but why come on a forum and whinge and moan about the same old crap.

Guest pogopete
Exactly, i go to AG beacuse i support Bristol City. Of Course i WANT to be entertained but that is not my main purpose of going down on a saturday.

Some people would probably be better off not getting a S/T and turn in to a fair weather fan that only turns up when we are doing well.

Sounds good as long as you are willing to pay £80 per game to make up the short fall because Mr Lansdown will not.

Why constantly moan about it then?

Im not a happy clapper by and stretch of the imagination and i disagree with a fair amount of what GJ does (playing without width is top of my list but i cant be arsed to get into that now) but why come on a forum and whinge and moan about the same old crap.

We come on here and moan about the same things each week.....because the same old, negative, boring football and predictable team selections...are on show each week

To be honest, I dont even blame players like Johnson etc, we are crying out for a bit of width and pace in the team, yet the onmly man who cannot see it, is Gary.

Robbored - we must be from th same era - I agree with 1 and 3 - but 2)? Maybe under Osman and Lumsden - most of the other stuff has either been good or so bad it was funny!! This really is not pretty at the moment

I had those two in mind when I typed that and would add Pulis and Tinnion to the list as well.

No your not alone. At times this season i have become seriously bored. :yes:

The entertainment value down the Gate has been much better this season compared to last. I enjoyed the game today and its no disgrace to have to settle for a home draw against a team who, on the day, were better than us.

I agree the entertainment is far better than last season. It wasn't a great game and I don't think that Sheff Weds were better than us, other than in getting the tactics right (maybe that does make them better than us?).

I think all the live Premier League football on TV raises expectations of what you should be seeing at live league games though.

It would be nice to destroy a team once in while and Sheff W should have been one of them.

Im not upset, i just think you should not bother supporting the team if you feel hard done by. If you want entertainment then goto Alton Towers Saturday. Football is much more than pretty little one touch passes, if you dont realize that then maybe you have choose the wrong team, or maybe the wrong sport to follow.

I find it shocking that even when we are doing so well there are people who cant help but have a moan, I feel sorry for those people as they'll never be satisfied, they will be the same people who will moan about results when we are playing "entertaining" football and getting thumped week in week out. The Championship is furious paced, if we want results and playing one touch entertaining football then we will have to sign Kaka and Messi, so how about you stfu and support Real Madrid or something becuase we are not world class side...yet, You and a few others owe GJ and the boys an apology, call yourself a fan? Tear up your ST, we dont need your kind bringing the side down.

Bit harsh maybe but so is the unnecessary criticism imo and it make me sick with rage.

Im not upset, i just think you should not bother supporting the team if you feel hard done by. If you want entertainment then goto Alton Towers Saturday. Football is much more than pretty little one touch passes, if you dont realize that then maybe you have choose the wrong team, or maybe the wrong sport to follow.

I find it shocking that even when we are doing so well there are people who cant help but have a moan, I feel sorry for those people as they'll never be satisfied, they will be the same people who will moan about results when we are playing "entertaining" football and getting thumped week in week out. The Championship is furious paced, if we want results and playing one touch entertaining football then we will have to sign Kaka and Messi, so how about you stfu and support Real Madrid or something becuase we are not world class side...yet, You and a few others owe GJ and the boys an apology, call yourself a fan? Tear up your ST, we dont need your kind bringing the side down.

Bit harsh maybe but so is the unnecessary criticism imo and it make me sick with rage.

Raw eggs in a glass of warm milk are supposed to help with that problem... :yes:

How often do you actually go and watch City? I have been watching this club, home and away, for well over 30 years and I, too, am getting a little bit bored with some of the football being played. I can only base my opinions ON WHAT I SEE (and in fairness I do pay regularly to go and see the boys and therefore am entitled to form that opinion). Yesterday we only played football for twenty minutes at the start of the second half - the rest of the time GJ was completely and utterly out-thought by Brian Laws in the tactical department and from an entertainment point of view City's play was poor although I do accept that Wednesday provided some entertainment when they carved us wide open a few times (and incidentally we failed to get the result we should have so you cannot even say that compensates).

I am one of what is a seemingly rare breed of supporter these days that likes to see attacking and entertaining football. Because I dare to post my opinion on here that the football PLAYED BY CITY could be better that doesn't make me a bad supporter or one that should p1$$ off elsewhere. And why should I or anyone else who shares my views give GJ or his players an apology when I make the effort to go and watch them and support them on a regular basis and when I buy my season ticket, sons season ticket, sons football kits, duvet cover, team posters, City Foundation subscription etc? What is it, exactly, that I should be apologising for?

I tend to agree football is an entertainment business and if I didn't have a season ticket then I would be very choosy over where my £26 went, a high percentage of home games so far have been a bit sterile.

The knock on affect for me is that I haven't now bothered to go to so many away games where I have to 'pay' though with football sometimes the most unlikeliest of games can throw up a thriller.

I tell you what is getting boring to watch. This bloody forum.

Moan, after moan, after moan. What is the point? I'm guessing some of you would prefer to be back in league 1 but playing entertaining football then?

We're 5th in the league. Yes 5th.

We are above Middlesbrough in the football league, we have only 4 teams above us that sepertes, us, and the premier league..... AND YET WE MOAN?

I suggest if people want ENTERTAINING week in week out, then get a season ticket for Manchester Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or even your local cinema etc. Whether you like it or not, football is a RESULTS driven game. FACT.

We can not, and will not, win every week. Open your eyes, we are doing bloody well concidering the finances we have. We are not a big team, we can be a big team, but it WILL NOT happen over night.

I for one am happy we are actually in contention in a league as strong as this, and I would be happy to see us scrap and fight for every point as long as we are still in the hunt for a spot in the WORLDs greatest footballing league.

Isnt this our aim at the end of the day? And we are in the play-offs. What more do you want?

Hi, know that I am going to upset a few people, but begining to find our football abit boring

When I want to be bored I click on this Forum. I am NEVER bored at Ashton Gate. My home matches have involved a 180 mile round trip since 1974. I have come away from AG exhilarated, frustrated, angry, disconsolate, happy, miserable, ecstatic. But bored? Never.

15 games = 25 points. 45 games could equal 75 points & an almost certain playoff place. That'll keep me interested. Boredom? Listening to Premier League managers whinging is boring. Bristol City? Never boring.

I tell you what is getting boring to watch. This bloody forum.

Moan, after moan, after moan. What is the point? I'm guessing some of you would prefer to be back in league 1 but playing entertaining football then?

We're 5th in the league. Yes 5th.

We are above Middlesbrough in the football league, we have only 4 teams above us that sepertes, us, and the premier league..... AND YET WE MOAN?

I suggest if people want ENTERTAINING week in week out, then get a season ticket for Manchester Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or even your local cinema etc. Whether you like it or not, football is a RESULTS driven game. FACT.

We can not, and will not, win every week. Open your eyes, we are doing bloody well concidering the finances we have. We are not a big team, we can be a big team, but it WILL NOT happen over night.

I for one am happy we are actually in contention in a league as strong as this, and I would be happy to see us scrap and fight for every point as long as we are still in the hunt for a spot in the WORLDs greatest footballing league.

Isnt this our aim at the end of the day? And we are in the play-offs. What more do you want?

so why are we only getting crowds of about 15000, despite being a play off position

How often do you actually go and watch City? I have been watching this club, home and away, for well over 30 years and I, too, am getting a little bit bored with some of the football being played. I can only base my opinions ON WHAT I SEE (and in fairness I do pay regularly to go and see the boys and therefore am entitled to form that opinion). Yesterday we only played football for twenty minutes at the start of the second half - the rest of the time GJ was completely and utterly out-thought by Brian Laws in the tactical department and from an entertainment point of view City's play was poor although I do accept that Wednesday provided some entertainment when they carved us wide open a few times (and incidentally we failed to get the result we should have so you cannot even say that compensates).

I am one of what is a seemingly rare breed of supporter these days that likes to see attacking and entertaining football. Because I dare to post my opinion on here that the football PLAYED BY CITY could be better that doesn't make me a bad supporter or one that should p1$$ off elsewhere. And why should I or anyone else who shares my views give GJ or his players an apology when I make the effort to go and watch them and support them on a regular basis and when I buy my season ticket, sons season ticket, sons football kits, duvet cover, team posters, City Foundation subscription etc? What is it, exactly, that I should be apologising for?

Aye OK, I don't think you'll find a soul on here who wouldn't like the ball being stroked about the pitch as the Spanish can do, but I must protest in the teams defence.

I sometimes wonder if people think GJ deliberately asks the boys to play boringly and within themselves to spite the fans. Just how ridicules does that sound? yet i'm too frequently presented with the evidence to suggest this is correct.

AG is a crap place for teams to visit, they hate it and usually put all men behind the ball, thus creating a boring game on occcasions, plus the fact the Championshsip is bloody competitive and we do well to compete as well as we do.

To go out all guns blazing in a yeeeeee haaaaaw! attitude would be unprofessional and cost us points, that I am sure.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially the ST holders who are the blood of the club, but to disrespect GJ and the boys and practically accuse them of playing boring on purpose is beyond my tolerance, hence i said people owe them an apology.

You've supported the Team longer than I, Grebo and I have no quarry with yourself or your posts.

it was Gaz's line about SL getting rid of GJ on the other thread that made I a bit angered. How any fan could type that without feeling immediately guilty and ask the mods go delete it is just unthinkable to me, I guess we all have differing expectations and values, ah well...

Archived